Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Soundtracks for BGII:EE and IWD:EE now available! Read More
v2.3 for BG:EE, BGII:EE, and Siege of Dragonspear is here! Check out the highlights and full release notes HERE.
New to the forums? Well met! Please read the following rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!
Curious about our plan for the next update? Read more about it Here!
Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear now available on Steam and GOG!
Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear is out! Order your copy at SiegeOfDragonspear.com!

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 2,975
    Lets all hope they don't pull a Beck... get into a serious thing, and forget how it ends, resulting in 30 minutes of washboard playing.
    booinyoureyesrufus_hobart
  • killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 341
    scriver said:

@killerrabbit - which tweet are you talking about?

This one:

"
    @TrentOster Oct 1

@SlyLupin We're still poking it ;-) Post EE's I think we'll have to re-tool a new engine and move up to the new rules.
    "
    Adulbooinyoureyes
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 1,274

Post EE's I think we'll have to re-tool a new engine and move up to the new rules.

Oh goody, the new rules. I knew that would be the case but somehow I was still hoping against it.
    killerrabbitrorikon
  • typo_tillytypo_tilly Member Posts: 4,425
    Maybe he means 3E or 3.5E? :D

I haven't heard great things about 4th. Is 5th alright?
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 5,378
    Adul said:

Post EE's I think we'll have to re-tool a new engine and move up to the new rules.

Oh goody, the new rules. I knew that would be the case but somehow I was still hoping against it.
    I kinda like the idea, personally. As long as it is the top down look with pausing I'm down. None of that Neverwinter Nights stuff. I wouldn't even mind turn-based stuff if done correctly.
    typo_tillySoren_The_Wild
    5th looks better than my glances at 4th, but still less free/open than 3.x was.
    typo_tilly
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited October 2014

I think 5th is pretty good, but frankly I'm not qualified to say. There was a thread.... I can't find it though. Does anyone remember what the thread with the link to the 5E overview was called?
    typo_tilly
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 89
    meagloth said:

I think 5th is pretty good, but frankly I'm not qualified to say. There was a thread.... I can't find it though. Does anyone remember what the thread with the link to the 5E overview was called?
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/21602/d-d-5th-edition-2014
    typo_tillybooinyoureyesmeaglothkillerrabbit
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 9,553
    Guys, guys! 23 new posts in this thread. Cruel of you ;P

I've thought "OHHH, did the weekend bring something new?!" And what do i find? The expansion of the Nashkel Mines.

Next In The News: The expansion of the Cloakwood Mines. The whole Baldur's Gate city is moving to the Boareskyr Bridge
    AdulkaguanaNimranlolien
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 3,061
    edited October 2014
    bengoshi said:

I've thought "OHHH, did the weekend bring something new?!" And what do i find? The expansion of the Nashkel Mines.

Next In The News: The expansion of the Cloakwood Mines. The whole Baldur's Gate city is moving to the Boareskyr Bridge

Ulcaster's school of mutants is now running with a jar of almonds.
    lolienAnduinJuliusBorisovdeltago
    Nimran said:

bengoshi said:

Ulcaster's school of mutants is now running with a jar of almonds.
    Jar of almonds?

OR JAR OF CYANIDE?
    lolienAnduinkillerrabbit
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 804
    Cool!

Oh, by the by... if anyone here likes turn-based combat, 4th edition is prettymuch the BEST in terms of making creative use of the battlefield. I am the first to admit that 4th edition has a lot of problems, but it was always, to my mind, the one that would best suit a computer/video game. No joke, I would love a 4th edition video game. The thing I love about 3rd/3.5 edition would never get into a computer game... the enormous amount of customization possible through the many, many books. Flaws, alternate rules, fat piles of feats and spells, etc. A game has limits, and licensing issues. Could I play a shadowcaster in a 3.5 game? A hexblade? A samurai? Would they get the same rules support if they were in the game? Can I take Dragon Magazine feats? If the answer here is no, and we're using a limited set of 3.5 rules... I'd be happier with 4th edition when it comes to a video game.
    typo_tillylolienkcwisespacejaws