Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    Did you know that in the TV show Darkskies from the 90's, in the third episode (Moving Targets) at 15:27-16:03 there is this music theme which really reminds me of BG 1 combat music. Since Darkskies is older than BG, it may be yet another popcultural reference by Bioware. Or maybe it is just a freely available theme and went to both TV show and a PC game.
    WilburelminsterProont
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Thank you @Tresset, after all these years i finally can get those pantaloons!
    JuliusBorisovjackjackCrevsDaakProont
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Did you know using Shocking Grasp to dispel a polymorph weapon was mentioned in a thread about Improved Anvil two years ago by Saros?
    http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=21181&hl= improved anvil&page=69

... I thought I invented it...
    jackjacklolienProont
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

... I thought I invented it...

I used that trick when I got to BG2, which means that I wasn't even active on the forums back then. You can't pretend to invent stuff on a 15 years old game with all the Guides of Cheese out there.
    lolienMoradinProont
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited February 2015
    @CrevsDaak: I'd hate to think there's nothing left to discover in BG2.

How did you come up with that trick, anyway? I got the idea from hearing about Ghoul Touch in spider form, and realized Shocking Grasp would open up more possibilities.

At least tell me nobody used it to kill Kangaxx with flashers. My poor ego...
    lolienProont
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2015
    Tresset said:

Not only does this apply to BG, but it also applies to real life!

Did you know that the stereotypical eagle screech that you hear on TV and in the movies and even in BG when an eagle flies overhead is not actually a sound made by an eagle? The screech that everyone is so familiar with is actually made by a red-tailed hawk...

The red-tailed hawk is a bird native to most of North America and one of the most commonly seen raptors (birds of prey) where I live. The iconic bald eagle mostly just makes small squeaky noises so the red-tailed hawk screech is usually used instead because it is more epic. Remember that next time you hear that famous screech sound!

Did you know if you ever actually see the rare sighting of an actual red tailed hawk in the game its actually Tobias from Animorphs.

True story. :p

I'm kidding. Everyone knows any red tailed hawk found in the game is really the latest villain the Harpers have captured and transformed into a bird
    wubblejackjacklolienProont
  • ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    edited February 2015
    @Mortianna
    Now I feel like I was fed some humble pie ;) I know that Hoenig did both Dark Skies and BG series, but I did not connect it in my brain... still, good thing he reused the theme; way too epic to be forgotten in the cancelled TV show.

Edit: Now come to think of it, it is a damn shame James Horner did not compose anything for videogames. I think. So many epic film scores...
    atcDaveMortiannalolienJuliusBorisov