Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited March 2015
    @elminster did they tell you which one of the names you chose will be in the game or are they going to surprise you as well? :)
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    lolien said:
    LOLING @ everyone thinking it has to do with Mass Effect. There is going to be a lot of disappointed krogan's or something....
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    deltago said:

lolien said:
    LOLING @ everyone thinking it has to do with Mass Effect. There is going to be a lot of disappointed krogan's or something....
    "Live action KOTOR movie featuring original cast!!!!!"

"Rogue One"

[Even more disappointed]
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Vallmyr said:

I actually somewhat saddened that not all the BG1 NPCs made their way into BG2
    :(

Maybe Adventure Y will explain what happened to them.

This is exactly what I want!
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Well, I do hope that they will not kill any NPCs just to explian why they do not follow CHARNAME in BG2. That would suck.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Aedan said:

Well, I do hope that they will not kill any NPCs just to explian why they do not follow CHARNAME in BG2. That would suck.

I dreamt that adventure y ended with a cutscene showing Khalid running away and getting stabbed in the back.

Dynhier gets petrified, turned into a statue and dropped onto a band of ferrets...

A complex plot twist but will make flawless sense as explaining the lack of ferret characters in BG2.

So I'm not concerned... I would like to see Garrick and Skie get hunted down... Skie now being an heir of the Entar estate...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2015
    procco said:

Geez @Elminister Thanks for ruining the story. We have spoiler tags for a reason. ;)

Also Quayle ages like 50 years when he hears about Aerie losing her wings and finds her imprisoned. Hearing the story was just too much for him :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2015
    Grum said:

He's the only good dwarf NPC in the saga.

For the record this is technically not true (Bruenor and Hurgan Stoneblade being two notable good-aligned dwarves that you encounter). He's just the only joinable good dwarf NPC.

That said I will say that like gnomes (which as was previously pointed out in this thread have had a tendency to be portrayed in the series as crazy) Dwarves have a tendency to be portrayed as being either evil (Duergar) or merchants. So I will say that it is rather unfortunate that you find Yeslick in the bottom of a mine shaft, 4 chapters into the game, and in a situation where he lacks any equipment (and you are shortly going to end up fighting Davaeorn).
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    @ Elminster

That is very true. It especially hurts that there is no dwarven balance in Baldur's Gate 2

I really, really wish that in BG2EE, we didn't have Hexxat. Why have a vampire? The NPCs should be there to show off the new EE kits! It is for this reason taht I wish that we had a dwarven defender NPC instead of her.

Lawful Good Dwarven Defender (new NPC)
    Chaotic Evil Dwarven Berserker (Korgan)

New Kits:

Wild Mage (Neera)
    Sunsoul Monk (Raasad)
    Blackguard (Dorn)
    Dwarven Defender (???)
    Shadow Dancer (???)
    Dark Soul Monk (???)

So replace the random vampire with a dwarven defender. That gives us 4/6 new kits having an NPC.

And because I'm just wishlisting at this point...I wouldn't have Imoen suddenly turn into a thief/mage. Where'd she get the training for that? I understand dual classing, but logically it doesn't make that much sense. Instead, I'd have her turn into a Shadow Dancer in BG2.

This represents the experiments bringing out her dark potential. Shadow Dancers are already pretty magical. And I would like to think that others would agree that having Imoen's soul getting mucked with and then torn out, leaving her as a thief who can step into the plane of shadow and hide in plane sight...it is much cooler than just having her dual class.

This would only leave the dark soul monk being without an NPC to represent it. But given that there is already a monk NPC added, this isn't the biggest loss.