Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    @anduin yum! thank you!
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    mlnevese said:

Not Aerie. Unless she finally realized that a regeneration spell would make her wings grow back... :)

Well, she was BORN with wings anyways, that could be a flashback. For the record, Ms. Swanepoel doesn't always have wings either.

Emphasis on 'flash'... heh. Actually, if you've ever read her instagram, emphasis on 'back' too.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605

Dammit. We were so close to beating out IWD in terms of game text. Oh well, I suppose we'll have to settle for almost 500,000 words.

Hmmm, it looks like my guess of:
    cmk24 said:

I say the word count will be 422,424...

is still in the running :)
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459

So guys, if by "neolithid" he means "neothelid," my 3.5 Expanded Psionics Handbook has them listed as a gargantuan-sized aberration, psionic in nature. The description is a "slime-covered tentacled worm of dragonlike proportions. Four 25-foot-long tentacles sprout from its eyeless head, writhing around a lampreylike mouth of nightmarish size. A revolting mucus trail marks the wake of the horror."

This may or may not be the same critter. If it is, it is described as "a rare result of the mind flayer reproductive cycle gone horribly wrong." It has an acid breath weapon, swallow whole, blindsight, and a pile of psionic abilities. 3.5 lists it as a CR 15, with 25 hit dice.

Fighting that sounds like a bad time.
    WAIT
    So Psionic classes are confirmed, right? This is what this means?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Yeah, gonna be honest, swamps tend to be pretty stinky. #JustSayin
    But we could be swamp Liches! I had a friend, Karthus was his name, he was a fine swamp lich!
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Vallmyr said:

I wonder if there will be any new kits. I like new kits.
    Also

This isn't fair! >:c

... I want a fill colour. :c
    Swamp green, please~ c:

I agree with this. Tilly with a green fill-color would be super cute!

Edit: For elaboration of why it's cute, it's because green is the same color as the DARK SORCERIES I COMMAND! THE SOULS OF THE DAMNED GLOW SICKLY GREEN WITHIN MY COLD UNDEAD GRIP!

and those souls are so adorable! <3</p>
    *Anduin's heart begins to mysteriously beat...*

... I think I am in love!

*Maggots suddenly burst forth from the withered organ...*

Sorry. My mistake. Just itchy maggots.
    Anduin said:

Vallmyr said:

I wonder if there will be any new kits. I like new kits.
    Also

This isn't fair! >:c

... I want a fill colour. :c
    Swamp green, please~ c:

I agree with this. Tilly with a green fill-color would be super cute!

Edit: For elaboration of why it's cute, it's because green is the same color as the DARK SORCERIES I COMMAND! THE SOULS OF THE DAMNED GLOW SICKLY GREEN WITHIN MY COLD UNDEAD GRIP!

and those souls are so adorable! <3</p>
    *Anduin's heart begins to mysteriously beat...*

... I think I am in love!

*Maggots suddenly burst forth from the withered organ...*

Sorry. My mistake. Just itchy maggots.
    I use gentle repose to keep away the rotting and maggots and stuff. Might want to look into trying that n_n.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Sooooo.... ah.... since we're getting so much blue-fill chatter in the thread... how about something else juicy from Adventure Y? Neothelids kinda count, but they're more slimy than juicy. How about... number of joinable NPCs? That sounds like a nice reveal.
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    elminster said:

mlnevese said:

So @elminster's secret plan to dominate the world is working... :)

One of these days I should really learn to lock the chest that I keep my secret plans in. Or at least trap it with a spell that turns anyone who tries to open it into a chicken.

:)
    Melicamp, so close...yet so far :(
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited April 2015
    Those who live in Edmonton or nearby can go to the game exhibition where Beamdog will be also presented and I guess ask questions about the Adventure Y among others:)

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/41069/april-25-and-your-chance-to-speak-to-the-developers-the-game-exhibition-with-beamdog-in-edmonton

I wonder if something will be revealed there : D

Maybe a game announcement?...