Skip to content

Worst thing you've done to an NPC

167891012»

Comments

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I prefer the term 'psycookiepath' myself.
    mlneveselolienJuliusBorisovelminster
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    Killing all the inhabitants in de'Arnise hold. Those trolls will not take my 15 XP points. Also telling Daleson to run for it. Easy rep drop.
    Montresor_SPlolienJuliusBorisovelminster
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I told Nalia in a playthrough I'd come back for her. Still haven't. So now she's stuck with the Roenall's. :naughty:
    JuliusBorisovMontresor_SPSmilingSwordPermidion_Stark
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    You know, one of the worst things I've done to NPCs is that I took them into my party, promising the great adventures and a lot of money ahead. Only to get them chunked in the process because of golems/dragons/demonknights.

Now looking at this again, I'm coming to a conclusion that including NPCs into my party was the worst thing possible for them.
    elminsterMontresor_SPlolien
  • FylFyl Member Posts: 62
    sepotter said:

Actually, worst thing I've done? I embarked on a journey from Candlekeep, and then when ambushed, I just ran away and let them kill my foster father.

And then took your idiot half-sister along on an epic quest to slaughter any and all of your illegitimate siblings who ever amounted to something.

But not her, she's not worthy.
    brunardoMERLANCEDragonKing
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I-I once kicked Khalid and Jaheaira from my party and KEPT their equipment. *sob* I;m so sorry! I won't ever do it again!
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited August 2018
    Made them travel with Neera so I could make her quest.

Three times (BGEE, SoD, BG2EE).

I'll seek a priest now.
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    I like instacast finger of death;

Feeding a Flaming Fist enforcer to a daemon;

Dropping a cow on Jaheiras head;

Xzar and Monty sacrificed their lives for me, and I did not better resurrecting them because I need them golds;

Helping myself to the harem girls most priced possessions;
    Montresor_SPZaxares
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I'm on a solo run as a Kensai/Thief and I was in Nashkel after clearing the mines when I got attacked by Nimbul the assassin. I was just about to finish him when Rasaad stepped in and struck the death blow. I was so annoyed that he had stolen one of my kills that I recruited him and took him to meet Shoal the Nereid:

It does of course mean that I have broken my own rules for my solo run but it was still strangely satisfying.
    Montresor_SPloliengorgonzola
    mlnevese said:

You didn't break your rules... you just helped a lost soul find peace and then resumed your adventures :wink:

That makes me feel better. Is there a way of excusing the fact that I also allowed Neera to join my party - just for long enough to relieve her of her gem bag - and then ran away when she was attacked by an evil wizard?
    Montresor_SPmlneveselolienBalrog99
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

mlnevese said:

You didn't break your rules... you just helped a lost soul find peace and then resumed your adventures :wink:

That makes me feel better. Is there a way of excusing the fact that I also allowed Neera to join my party - just for long enough to relieve her of her gem bag - and then ran away when she was attacked by an evil wizard?
    You lightened her burden as she found her path to ultimate peace and quiet.
    Permidion_StarkMontresor_SPlolienBalrog99
    mlnevese said:

mlnevese said:

You lightened her burden as she found her path to ultimate peace and quiet.
    Thanks. I feel better about it now.
    mlneveseMontresor_SPlolienBalrog99
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Worst thing I've done to a npc? Well I'd say but then I'd probably be banned from the forums.
    Balrog99
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Arvia wrote: »
    The thought of Keldorn standing there without a chance to leave still haunts me, though. Needless to say, I didn't marry the ruthless guy who recommended that B)

I'm sure that Cespenar would have sent everybody back to where they belonged. He's my butler, after all. ;) But where will Cespenar himself go??
    Montresor_SPsemiticgoddessgorgonzolalolien
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Zaxares wrote: »
    Arvia wrote: »
    The thought of Keldorn standing there without a chance to leave still haunts me, though. Needless to say, I didn't marry the ruthless guy who recommended that B)

I'm sure that Cespenar would have sent everybody back to where they belonged. He's my butler, after all. ;) But where will Cespenar himself go??

Serve his new master Charname, Lord of Murder, of course! :wink:
    gorgonzola
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Serve his new master Charname, Lord of Murder, of course! :wink:

I suppose I could use another lackey to carry my loot and massage my feet at night on my continuing adventures across Faerun... ;)
    gorgonzolaMontresor_SPlolien
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    One of the worst things we've all done to NPCs:
    (Image)

Comics by Henrik Tomenius, http://twistedspeedo.com/

The Main Character is really The Spoony Reviewer
    d7b44e13678855d713f04b9577436dc0.png