Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• PorcelynPorcelyn Member Posts: 65
    edited August 2015
    I agree with deltago. I am prepping all my characters for when it does launch so everything is ready to go.

I do wonder if having non official party members in my final saves is going to bork importing my characters and if the BGEE is going to be updated to include the Shaman class.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Playing back and forth with BG2 Vanilla and Black Pits 1. Hard to keep distracted
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Porcelyn said:

I do wonder if having non official party members in my final saves is going to bork importing my characters

It shouldn't
    and if the BGEE is going to be updated to include the Shaman class.
    That is the plan :)
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Here is a tricky question to answer:

With the update, will BG:EE get the Shaman class for free like SoA is?

Not everyone is going to have SoD, and multiplayer can be affected if their are different versions of the game floating about.

Or is the Shaman class going to be a separate DLC like the new companions are for Apple? You get it free if you buy SoD (for BG:EE), but 2.99 (whatever) per BG:EE and BG2:EE if you don't buy SoD.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited August 2015
    Now going through the whole SoD forum section, I've encountered these comments (the last one by the Dev):

- I heard some lines from Safana that didn't exist before. Sounds like the original voice actress to me.
    - new voiced lines for Safana, agreed. Same actress, not so sure.
    - She didn't even age

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/658104/#Comment_658104

Basically, it does confirm Diane Pershing is coming back, doesn't it? :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I can't believe we've managed to miss this:

http://www.stalbertgazette.com/article/20150711/SAG0801/307119982/0/sag

"The emblem (of SoD) is actually the emblem that’s on the floor of the (titular) castle,” Madolin “Mad” Bee said, and depicts castle founder Daeros Dragonspear atop his dragon, Halatathlaer - the dragon featured in the Screenshot 15 on the official site.

One of Beamdog staff members, Adam Shepp said players might notice an inordinate number of references to “fish folk” in SoD, as well as “butt-kicking for goodness” – two lines that became running gags during development.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Where are the fish folk?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Fish 'n' Chips food stalls confirmed?

Maybe the Sahuagin opened up shop somewhere! Or wait... wouldn't it make sense for them to sell bathing caps? I imagine Irenicus would become one of their best patrons in no time.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

elminster said:

Where are the fish folk?

Well now I hate myself.

:( I hope you Eel better.
    Attempts to think of fish pun...

It seems I've misplaiced my book of fish related humour.
  • Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
    That... was amazing.

I rate it five starfish out of five. Give him a round of applause from the sea nut gallery! Best in blowfish! The roe must go on! Encoral! Encoral!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    We seriously need rules in this forum to ban anyone who commits a pun... or give the person some jail time at least (a.k.a level 4 warning)... :wink:
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    Ardanis said:

When NPCs join party, their XP is adjusted to (roughly) match the player.

This will apply also to BG1:EE and BG2:EE?
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I hope it won't be too much of a chore to make mods compatible with SoD.
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    Edvin said:

Ardanis said:

When NPCs join party, their XP is adjusted to (roughly) match the player.

This will apply also to BG1:EE and BG2:EE?
    It already does. Every charackter has a couple of versions in different levels and this dates back
    to the original BG (so I would like some tweaking on some dubious decisions the characters make..
    Why agai ndoes someone who breaks into the hall of wonders spends most of her thieving points
    into pick pockets again? ^^' )
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937

Pretty sure the Siege of Dragonspear isn't actually a siege, just a pun battle between the Shining Lady and your main character xD

Believe me, if Veraka makes it that far in the saga, it'll probably be written that way. ^_~
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595

bengoshi said:

The price of SoD will be around $20. This answers a long question of how much it will cost (the question I personally made a poll about on these boards a long time ago).

$20 for an expansion for a base game that cost $20 also. That's a tad bit too much. If this is a true expansion and not a stand alone game that just happens to take place between BG1 and BG2 then it should be a little cheaper than the base game, say about $10.

Now if this were a stand alone game, yeah I could see $20.
    Doesn't matter if it is an expansion or a separate game. What does matter is the size and quality of the game.
    True. True and large expansions usually cost the same as the base game or a stand-alone expansion. 30 hours of gameplay in SoD sounds like a very large expansion.