Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    edited September 2015

@BladeDancer I didn't mean to be hostile; I just wanted to make sure you saw it. I guess the tagging was over-excessive, considering which thread we're in.

I'm sorry, everyone... Didn't mean to hijack the thread on something so nit-picky. :cold_sweat:

@Nonnahswriter Apology accepted. Nobody's perfect, so let's let bygones be bygones and try to move on from such a nit-picky subject.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459

Did I mention that we decided to make M'Khiin a storm giant? No? Good, we totally didn't do that.

Was about to say, "NO! NOT MY SHORTY GOBLIN GAL QQ!"

but then everything was ok.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Mounts confirmed.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    I wish I could play the EE games on the new iPad Pro... It would be AMAZING, this new device is just perfect for such games....
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    "The next game" (after SoD) confirmed!
  • belascobelasco Member Posts: 18
    Did we just get confirmation of brand new animations? That would be pretty exciting.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited September 2015
    bengoshi said:

belasco said:

Did we just get confirmation of brand new animations? That would be pretty exciting.

If your refer to "To create a new monster with new animations and everything is a very costly process for the Infinity engine. I will say that we have added some new monsters to Baldur’s Gate in Dragonspear, monsters you’ve never seen before", it may be connected to neothelids.

It's a gargantuan-sized aberration, psionic in nature. The description is a "slime-covered tentacled worm of dragonlike proportions. Four 25-foot-long tentacles sprout from its eyeless head, writhing around a lampreylike mouth of nightmarish size. A revolting mucus trail marks the wake of the horror."
    "Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?"
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I would tinker with the carrion crawler sprites to get the above. I thought the picture was a carrion crawler when I first saw it... so...

But new sprites would be awesome. I think it could be undead shorties... Definite lack of undead shorty sprites...
  • bengoshi said:

belasco said:

If your refer to "To create a new monster with new animations and everything is a very costly process for the Infinity engine. I will say that we have added some new monsters to Baldur’s Gate in Dragonspear, monsters you’ve never seen before", it may be connected to neothelids.

It's a gargantuan-sized aberration, psionic in nature. The description is a "slime-covered tentacled worm of dragonlike proportions. Four 25-foot-long tentacles sprout from its eyeless head, writhing around a lampreylike mouth of nightmarish size. A revolting mucus trail marks the wake of the horror."

It is described as "a rare result of the mind flayer reproductive cycle gone horribly wrong." It has an acid breath weapon, swallow whole, blindsight, and a pile of psionic abilities. CR 15, with 25 hit dice.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/633099/#Comment_633099

Looks like a Mind Flayer bred with a Phaerimm xD
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Carrion crawler... It's a carrion crawler...

My adventuring party is going to have a nasty surprise in SoD. I know it...
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    bengoshi said:

On October 23-25, 2015, there will be a panel Return to Baldur’s Gate: The Making of “Siege of Dragonspear” in Ramada Edmonton Hotel & Conference Centre:

"Why create an expansion for a 17-year-old game? Panelists from the Edmonton-based Beamdog are here to talk about Siege of Dragonspear, the upcoming expansion to Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition.

Panelists: Amber Scott, Andrew Foley, Philip Daigle, Mad Bee"

http://www.purespec.org/at-the-festival/2015-panels-and-demos/

I wonder, whether the use of the word "upcoming" (it's a rare thing to change descriptions for the events) means that as on October 22, 2015, the expansion won't be released yet.

Actually , if they can release SOD within this year , i think I shall thanks for the god,

If the game delay to 2016 CQ1 , it is still reasonable for me,
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    The first and last couple of months in the year (~October to February) are kind of a no-no zone for indie game releases, partly because game stores have their big sales around that time, and partly because AAA games tend to come out near the end of the year and they suck up a lot of the attention. I wonder if these considerations will affect the SoD release date.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I don't think anyone sensible is seriously expecting SoD before November at the earliest.