Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Nice eyes!
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Wicked!
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Apparently @OlvynChuru likes soloing IWD games.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    There's another reference to the whole fateful coin-tossing thing in Icewind Dale, in the description of the Lucky Scimitar, I think.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

If you're in the candlekeep library, if you turn the volume way up so that the "murmuring voices" background noise is more audible, you can occasionally pick out some of the stuff they say, and it sounds dirty. I bet 1998 BW had a bunch of fun recording that

Really?...
    like what?
    There are comprehensible voice clips in the background audio for various locations in the IE games, including the Targos Palisade, Trademeet, and the Athkatla Slums and Bridge District. One of my favorites is a little girl talking in Trademeet, though I don't know what she's saying.

There are comprehensible voice clips in the background audio for various locations in the IE games, including the Targos Palisade, Trademeet, and the Athkatla Slums and Bridge District. One of my favorites is a little girl talking in Trademeet, though I don't know what she's saying.

It doesn't seem like it's particularly comprehensible if you don't know what she's saying.
    @OlvynChuru: I was referring to the other ones.

Targos Palisade: "Pull, men, pull! Put your backs into it!"
    Trademeet: "...in the world!"
    Slums: "Why you!" (might only appear at night; I don't know)
    And I forget about the Bridge District.
    I think I remember that in the original non-enhanced Icewind Dale 1 without Heart of Winter installed, at a high enough level the spell Chromatic Orb did no damage but stunned with no saving throw. I may have remembered it wrong, though.
    If you cast Rigid Thinking on some innocent neutral character in a town, city or other such place and they make their save, they and everyone nearby will turn hostile. However, if they fail their save, no one will become hostile until the spell goes away, at which point I think only the person you confused will become hostile.