Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    I'm delighted about the announcement, but I really don't get why you couldn't just include a GMT or UTC time as well. I personally have no idea off the top of my head what MST or PST are exactly, and I'd guess a lot of people outside the US / Canada wouldn't either.

I mean, I know you can't exactly include EVERY timezone in these kinds of announcements, but surely a reasonable amount of people would understand their timezone relative to GMT / UTC?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Zulu Time is internationally recognised (and also happens to be GMT).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    edited January 2016
    cmk24 said:

@bengoshi the devs (a few post back) already said no official release date had been set. So any site say March is just a guess, not official word.

I respect this point of view but will stick to what I've said earlier.

Both Dee and Trent Oster said they had not announced (and Dee even added "formally announced") a release date.

In the end, it was the WotC in their Dragon+ Magazine who announced the "Early 2016" phrase, not Beamdog.

And I'm somehow sure that while they haven't announced a release date, they know it internally. And they could have briefed it to the WotC and the press.

Anyway, it's my point of view. The choice of words, you know.

For anyone who's in trouble to understand timezones, go to http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/pst-to-gmt-converter - the site will give you times in PST, GMT and your local settings.

The Twitch stream is an excellent idea. In the blogpost, they write that they will be "answering some viewer questions".

So, maybe we could prepare several questions for them? It's not a Reddit AMA, but still we could prepare, say, 10 questions that are SoD-related.

Like: "Will the events in BGEE affect SoD? For example, during my fight with doppelgangers in the Palace I managed to save Belt, but Liia unfortunately died. Will Liia be presented in SoD in this case?"
  • wildewilde Member Posts: 3
    I googled time zone For people in the UK the stream is at 6PM GMT. I'm at work on a late so I hope to catch a repeat.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    There will be a Youtube recapture, as is stated in the Beamblog. So that we could examine every inch of the screen with new locations and NPCs, constanly pausing and feeling happy
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited January 2016
    Please, don't let Boo unplug the power supply and network while streaming on February 5!!!
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Can you stream it on a Vita please? K thanks bye!

If only :'( please @Dee force them to name one of the characters Playstation Vita like my unsuccesful bid during the previous livestream. He could be a Lich.

On a serious note really torn on whether to watch this or not. I went blindly into every other game and other than the announcement livestream I kinda want to do the same.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    spacejaws said:

On a serious note really torn on whether to watch this or not. I went blindly into every other game and other than the announcement livestream I kinda want to do the same.

I will be watching blindfolded... If that makes sense...
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Anduin said:

spacejaws said:

Does not make sense. Do you even have eyes???
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Anduin said:

spacejaws said:

Would it not be easier to turn the contrast all the way to black and then listen to the stream instead. Being completely blind coild be hazardest to your health figuring there will be ferret's watching.
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    procco said:

I think he means he will be 'folding the blind'. As if the Cult of the Unseeing Eye didn't have enough anguish from missing out on SoD, @Anduin is there to rub it in.

So evil, so pure.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    Hmm.. 4am on a Saturday.. could maybe do it. ;)
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Anduin said:

O

procco said:

Anduin said:

spacejaws said:

Of course I have eyes! How preposterous!

I keep them in a tupperware box next to the pickled onions and the marmite.
    Just take care not to pop some olives in the old sockets for going out to the movies. Those pimentos leave stains, dontcha know.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    It says on blog for answering some viewers questions while streaming. They can't spoil everything but
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Anduin said:

O

procco said:

Anduin said:

spacejaws said:

Of course I have eyes! How preposterous!

I keep them in a tupperware box next to the pickled onions and the marmite.
    Those were your eyes!?

...I thought they were jelly-filled :cookie:s. Sorry...
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    deltago said:

Question #1: so what are your thoughts of David Gaider leaving Bioware?
    Question #2: what is the most hilarious bug you had to fix in SoD so far?
    Question #3: for those prepping play throughs atm, how much longer do they have to prepare thier characters if they want to play SoD at day 1.
    Question #4: did you cheat in anything you have, or is it all gear from previous adventures.
    Question #5: would you like a cookie?

The cookie question could be seen as an attempt to cheat your admission to the beta... just saying... :tongue:
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279

Remember that the stream will be saved so you can watch it afterwards if you miss the live event.

Saved, and then picked to death on the forums here before I even awake to watch it ;)

Also, prizes and giveaways...

No, I'd better make the effort if I want the proper "NA live stream" experience =D
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    bengoshi said:
    No-Reload players approve of this armor.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Now that is a magical piece of armour...

Hmmm... It is really going to hurt to lose all this great stuff when starting BG2...
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    bengoshi said:
    My favorite piece of news so far.
    bengoshi said:
    Wild, eh? Wild mage robe confirmed?
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2016
    Armour not robe. Chain armour perhaps, bard galore?