Skip to content

Baldur's Gate meets Heroes of Might and Magic 3

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Yyyaaayyy!
    Are you going to put creatures, resources and treasures on your map now?
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisov
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited July 2015
    lolienTuthJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Impressive work.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    Very good indeed.
    Next task?
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    The Swordcoast, now bigger, more Heroic and Mightier than ever, in all it's Magic presented to you by Shandyr :smile:. Looking forward to a map filled with encounters!
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    *slow clap* Missed this until now.
    [Deleted User]lolienJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Just caught up on new maps updates, they look stunning, Shandyr!

As for all (Ho)M&M fans, take a note:

If you missed the bundle earlier this year, Humble Bundles Weekly Bundle is the Might & Magic series.

What you get depends on how much coin you give.

A single dollar (!) nets you Heroes of Might & Magic II & IV, Might & Magic 6 (hey, it's an amazing game, recommended by @Southpaw and @BelgarathMTH ), Might & Magic Heroes Online starter pack, & BETA access to M&M Heroes VII!!

Paying more than $8.00 also gets you HOMM V, the Hammers Of Fate DLC, & Tribes of The East. M&M Heroes VI, Dark Messiah of M&M,M&M Clash of Heroes I Am The Boss DLC, & The first HOMM.

Boosting your donation to $10 will get you M&M X Legacy, plus the Falcon & The Unicorn DLC, HOMM 3 HD Edition, M&M Heroes VI Shades Of Darkness, and M&M Duel Of CHampions Starter Pack.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly?logo&utm_source=Humble+Bundle+Newsletter&utm_campaign=1fe87f3291-Humble_Weekly_Bundle_Might_and_Magic&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_990b1b6399-1fe87f3291-100223093&mc_cid=1fe87f3291&mc_eid=e267d80a83
    [Deleted User]BelgarathMTHNaveenSouthpaw
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Might & Magic 6 is a bit old nowadays. I don't think ppl would stomach the old graphics and all. However Might & Magic 7+8 are much better and still hold their own against modern CRPGS. Then there is a gap where M&M 9 should have been (NO! WE TALKED ABOUT THIS! MM9 NEVER EXISTED!) and recent addition, M&M 10 is surprisingly good oldschool-style party RPG from first-person-view.

Anyway, 4 out of 5 Mindflayers recommend the M&M franchise. (5 out of 5 Mindflayers recommend brains too)
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It's funny now that you mention it, I think that now Might & Magic 6 looks better than Might & Magic 7 and especially than Might & Magic 8 ;)

I remember long discussions back in the day about graphics in those 3 games and finding out there were people who couldn't agree on which game looked better.
    BelgarathMTH
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I remember playing Might and Magic when I was a kid. My dad bought 6, and it came with a cloth map. I honestly played more with the map than the game, using it as a world map for when I played with my miniatures. I would use the miniatures as character models, and send them on an adventure, using maps for different games. The Might and Magic 6 map was my favorite.
    lolienJuliusBorisovSouthpaw
    How is it going with this project?
    [Deleted User]
    edited March 2016
    Shandyr wrote: »
    1v2dbpvhn4y4.png

The best illustration of BG meeting HoMM (especially taking into account, which that map is).
    [Deleted User]mlneveseCrevsDaak
    JuliusBorisovmlneveselolienCrevsDaak
    edited July 2016
    lolienJuliusBorisovCrevsDaakAedan
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    I have no idea what this game is, but you made all of these maps??? The screenshots are just to cool! :)
    [Deleted User]lolienJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    edited July 2016
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    RavenslightlolienJuliusBorisov
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Nice progress @Shandyr, i like the way you implemented the story elements. I don't use to play with custom made maps, but this is definitely something i would like to try, if it will be ready.
    [Deleted User]RavenslightJuliusBorisov
    edited October 2017
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    RavenslightlolienJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    edited July 2016
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    lolienJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak