Skip to content

What soothes your soul?

Comments

• abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    Music.
    RavenslightAerakarJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    mf2112JuliusBorisovRavenslightAerakar
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovRavenslightlolien
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Oh my gosh! The video over the Alaskan mountains brought tears to my eyes. The truly magnificent land where I grew up.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]Aerakarlolien
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Relaxing at home at 6:30 on 6/30 which is 2.25 times better than 4:20 on 4/20. Also the start of 5 days off from work.
    NonnahswriterRavenslightAerakarJuliusBorisov
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    I occasionally get these moments of tranquility out of the blue, but it's impossible to mimic them most of the time.

I guess certain musical themes sometimes.
    RavenslightlolienAerakarJuliusBorisov
    cdx said:

Sounds of rain in the dark. Makes me feel like I'm eight years old, resting in a wilderness hut, with no worries in the world.

What a lovely thought. :)

This reminded me of some nights that I spent as a child in a little cabin located deep in the wilds of Alaska. It was owned by a family friend who had a little gold mine out there.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
    Dogs and guinea pigs are two of my favorite kinds of critters. Our home is blessed with several of both. So finding this video this morning gave me the soul soothing moment I needed to start my day off right. :)

AerakarSkatanJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Greater restoration
    FinnTheHumanAerakarRavenslight
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Marmite.
    RavenslightButtercheeseAerakar
    Anduin said:

Marmite.

This one I had to look up.
    Marmite is made from yeast extract, a by-product of beer brewing.

This quote from Wikipedia gave me a chuckle. :)

This distinctive taste is reflected in the British company's marketing slogan: "Love it or hate it." The product's name has entered British English as a metaphor for something that is an acquired taste or tends to polarize opinions.

AerakarFinnTheHumanTroodon80
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745

Anduin said:

Marmite.

This distinctive taste is reflected in the British company's marketing slogan: "Love it or hate it." The product's name has entered British English as a metaphor for something that is an acquired taste or tends to polarize opinions.

Anduin said:

Marmite.

Anduin said:

Marmite.

Yes... I have seen grown men fall on their knees, gagging in agony from the taste...

I have seen children fighting to scoop handfuls in an addictive frenzy, to eat it like treacle from the jar...

Personally, I like to add it to my cheese on toast. This is also blasphemous as I live in Worcestershire... And you know what sauce I should be using on my cheese on toast...

But it is mellow, tangy, soft, sharp, smooth, jagged and sublime and if you manage to cram enough in your mouth... It can burn...

You can twist your taste buds further by eating it from the fridge so it can also be cold... It is a most duplicitous food...

Also good for hair growth. My balding dad was told to eat more. The high amount of vitamin d made not only his hair grow again... It also made it grow back black. Although this made his bonce look a little wierd...

Buy some! I suggest putting it on buttered toast first before splashing it on your pasta bake.
    RavenslightsemiticgoddessFinneousPJlolien
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I'm so curious to try marmite. I've read about it before and I always want to try new flavours. Never seen it in Sweden though.
    RavenslightTroodon80
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    The second U.S. presidential debate.

Still in the lead.
    Ravenslight
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The smell of rain in a nice day when I'm home with my family... I can easily forget there is a world out there :)
    semiticgoddessRavenslightJuliusBorisovAerakar
    Is it just me or does the Skeleton King look a bit like @Anduin?
    mashedtatersJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak