Skip to content

Who should be the next president of the Divided States of Vegetables?

Comments

• StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    I certainly don't envy people having to pick between these two awful candidates. Both are awful. One in pocket of those with gold, another an incompetent chaotic evil sociopath. Good thing this is just some dark fantasy.

This land had golden opportunity to do something good by picking ser Bernington of House Sanders.but nope.
    Anduin[Deleted User]mashedtatersdunbar
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    These choices are terrible. Can Caul Ryan enter the race?
    Ravenslight[Deleted User]mashedtatersAnduin
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited October 2016
    Hmmm... The way the puppy opens its eyes in the video is indicative of mind control.. We have psionic broccoli at large it seems.
    mashedtatersAnduin
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Make peas -not war!
    RavenslightmashedtatersAnduin
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I've spent half an hour deciding if this is a serious thread or not...

Now I think the best answer on the question in the OP is indeed: "Yes".
    CrevsDaaklolienmashedtatersAnduin
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

I've spent half an hour deciding if this is a serious thread or not...

Now I think the best answer on the question in the OP is indeed: "Yes".

All threads on this forum are super serious! Or super cereal, depending on what dialect people speak.
    mashedtatersAnduin
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2016
    Don't be thinking you can flee to Canada and get Justin Turnip as your leader... he's ours.

mashedtatersAnduin
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I personally believe that the Divided States of Vegetables needs a money sponge monarchy with almost no political power who could replace the president. Follow that up by having a duly elected political party which then elects a prime minister from its ranks. That has always worked out well for the Divided Kingdom of English Beanland, Seakaleland, Welsh Onion, and Northern Iceberg Lettuceland. Always. Well, okay, not always; in fact, very rarely.

How about a cup of tea? <_<

Anduin
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    If we were going to elect a reality star, we should vote for Kim Carrotsian, at least she's pleasant to look at.
    NonnahswritersemiticgoddessmashedtatersAnduin
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    I abstain from voting and instead prepare to engage in insurrectionary activities with a clandestine, underground garden plot against the current rotten vegetable selection system above ground.

Viva la plátanolución!
    semiticgoddessmashedtatersAnduin
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    This thread is the greatest thing I've seen all day.
    mlnevesemashedtatersAnduin
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    The Americans must vote as they must: two unpopular candidates, one of which at least know how to use that power.

I could lament Americans their choice, but the bi-party system that only allows either a Republican or Democrat party backed to win is what they accept.

So live with it, and vote at least!

From an outsidesr's perspective a more nuanced solution would be: pluralistic parliamentary system, with a wide rage of candidates set forth at first instance by 6-8 mainstream parliamentary parties, and by any independent candidate gathering enough signiatures.

Two most popular candidates face off in the second round to ensure no vote is wasted.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @TStael: On the plus side, it's much more dramatic to have an epic fight to the death with one big enemy, rather than having mild disagreements with a bunch of smaller ones.
    TStaelmashedtatersAnduin

@TStael: On the plus side, it's much more dramatic to have an epic fight to the death with one big enemy, rather than having mild disagreements with a bunch of smaller ones.

I frankly hope you are of US extraction to say so!

Because it is a bit cynical thing to say about the presidential insitution that is frankly widely respected in my continent in Europe - but were you an US voter, I get your defensive cynical pain! ;-)

I in fact dislike our current (Finnish) president of the republic. He was a hard ol' ideological poor basher when in ministerial duty - taking speaker of the parliament role for a number of years shooing on MP's expenses to distance himself from his actual acts of power, and to make himself unto image of "father of the nation."

As a Finn, anyone whom builds himself unto a "father (mother) of the Nation" is pure bollocks in my books! But he is popular, so no contest. I obviously voted for the counter candidate Haavisto - whom was a superb candidate!

This was a contest of two popular candidates - ideal, no? ;-)
    Then I like your post up.

But I did work in the US, Arizona, about two yours, and did not madly fall in love. I still prefer pluralistic, proportional electoral system.

But at least you knowingly endorse Clinton-Trump, so you will be satisfied. I wish meanwhile those whom feel disenfranchised to have an equal outlet of democracy.
    semiticgoddessmashedtatersAnduinCrevsDaak
    @semiticgod - would you take it well if I asked you why you'd delight at displaying that huge eagle head?

I think I am as patriotic as any scandi, but the point of that is the discretion, and I dare think, deeply felt solidarity of our neigbours.

And US is not that admirable in conserving that eagle as viable speaces?
    mashedtatersAnduinCrevsDaak
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    semiticgoddessmashedtatersAnduinCrevsDaak
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @TStael: The eagle is just for silliness.
    mashedtatersAnduinCrevsDaak
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    I hate Broccoli, so my vote goes to Donalduin.
    mashedtatersAnduin
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited October 2016
    RelSundan said:

I hate Broccoli, so my vote goes to Donalduin.

The Trumpiflower University education of people is alarming. The "I know you are but what am I" defense is shockingly effective on so many people. It really makes people think Broccoli is as bad as Trumpiflower.
    AnduinCrevsDaak