Skip to content

Who should be the next president of the Divided States of Vegetables?

Comments

• RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918

RelSundan said:

I hate Broccoli, so my vote goes to Donalduin.

The old "I know you are but what am I" defense is shockingly effective on so many people.

It really makes people think Broccoli is as bad as Trumpiflower.
    I fail to see what you mean.
    Anduin
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited October 2016
    RelSundan said:

RelSundan said:

I hate Broccoli, so my vote goes to Donalduin.

The old "I know you are but what am I" defense is shockingly effective on so many people.

It really makes people think Broccoli is as bad as Trumpiflower.
    I fail to see what you mean.
    Exactly!

His whole shtick is "I know you are but what am I" . Typical is he says something horrible, then the next day someone questions him about it then he says the media is biased against him for bringing his own words back. He says something then says you're terrible and biased when you ask him about it. Classic I know you are but what am I.

So Trumpiflower says on tape that he enjoys vegetable assault and can do it because he's famous. Locker room talk might be "She's cute" not I can assault her because I'm famous. Putting aside the dozen people who've come forward, do you believe he's never done what he says he's done with a story from his own mouth like that? He "I know you are but what am I" it by bringing up Shanillary's husband who isn't even running for president.

Trumpiflower foundation literally does illegal stuff and gets barred from operating in New York but he's preemptively attacked Broccolinton foundation which has a top rating with innuendo and conspiracy theories. "I know you are but what am I" about foundations.

He doesn't pay people who do work for him then says it's their fault they did a bad job. This includes the little girls who played at the convention, bad job seriously lol? He's a judge of little girls performing patriotic songs to stiff them there. Blaming people who worked for you after they want to get paid is "I know you are but what am I".

The Miss Vegetable Garden who says Trumpiflower did her wrong gets slammed for a non-existent sex tape. He does something wrong so he slams the victim. If you look at anything he's been accused of he won't admit to it but he employs the "I know you are but what am I" defense and it works, people think the two candidates are comparable because the guy in the gutter is trying to pull his opponent into the gutter with him.

Donalduin Trumpiflower has been smearing his opponent with innuendo, false statements and cauliflower conspiracy theories to try and bring her down to his level of things that he's actually done and and said. The fact that so many reasonable folks believe this is sad, believe me. They are seen as equally trustworthy by the public, and yet Trumpiflower makes false statements four times as often as his opponent.

PteransemiticgoddessAnduin
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Being from undersea, it's all Leek to me.

Then again, the brown algae and yellow-green algae candidates aren't much better at drifting with the flow.
    AnduinBGLover
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

If you hurl enough accusations at someone, people will think at least some of them must be true, even if they don't see proof of a single one.

How about this accusation:

How does someone who has dedicated the majority of their adult life to civil service become a millionaire?
    mashedtatersRavenslightAnduin
    edited October 2016

deltago said:

If you hurl enough accusations at someone, people will think at least some of them must be true, even if they don't see proof of a single one.

How about this accusation:

How does someone who has dedicated the majority of their adult life to civil service become a millionaire?
    Salary for president is $400k, Secretary of State $186k. Ex-presidents make BANK on speaking fees. And it's not like she's been a civil service plumber people pay to hear her speak. But her $200k speaking fees is chump change compared to Trumpiflower's $1.5M.

Also if you want to study her finances she's released her tax returns for nearly the past 40 years.

A neighbor of mine is a tomato grower he was invited to fly out to a corporate seminar thing by some company execs on a private plane. Dr. Ben Carson was there speaking. I'm sure he was paid and he was never even elected for anything as far as I know.

But yeah it could be a conspiracy!
    This same debate happened in Canada.

Sure Dr. Ben Carson (and at this time Trump) doesn't write legislator or is involved in the day to day policies of a country.

Hillary (and only looking at Hillary and not Bill) is. If legislation is presented that effects a corporation that she has taken speaking fees from, can the public be certain that she will have an unbiased opinion and react best for the American (New York when she was a senator there) people, and not one of the corporations that she took money from?

When you are a civil servant, taking money from an 3rd person can always lead to a conflict of interest and should be avoided. She hasn't, and comparing her fees to a private citizen is misleading and negating the real issue with this type of practise.

This doesn't mean I do not support her, but supporting her and questioning her actions so they can be corrected are completely different things.

Hey it worked up north with Prime Minister Turnip, it should work south of the border. People just need to speak up, and say it is inexcusable instead of making excuses or comparing apples to oranges.

Anduin
    Skatan said:

There seem to be less and less vegetable candidate talk and more and more meat candidate talk in this thread now. Let's stick to veggies, aight? Meat is bad for the forum environment.

I apologize. I assumed we all came to the conclusion to all vote for the write-in candidate.

If not, I vote for the one who can be turned into compost the fastest. First one to do that gets my vote! GO!
    RavenslightmashedtatersAnduin
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Anduinsmeagolheart
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    [Deleted User]lolienAnduinJuliusBorisov
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550

I'll vote for a 3rd party fungus! ^-^

A real fungi. :3

I agree whole heartedly with typo_tilly, and it also ties in admirably to my two favourite jokes!

Fun guy for president!
    lolienAnduinJuliusBorisov
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    BillyYank said:

In the news:
    Broccoli Reduces Signs of Aging

A vote for Shandillary Broccolinton is a vote for eternal life!

Wait! I'm the eternal life person.

Let me tell you, I would love you vegetables to be mindless zombies. Let me tell you, let me tell you.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Anduin said:

BillyYank said:

In the news:
    Broccoli Reduces Signs of Aging

A vote for Shandillary Broccolinton is a vote for eternal life!

Wait! I'm the eternal life person.

Let me tell you, I would love you vegetables to be mindless zombies. Let me tell you, let me tell you.
    Eternal unlife and eternal life are not the same thing. :P
    mlnevesemashedtaters
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @BillyYank But @Anduin drank a portion of eternal life after he was resurrected...
    edited November 2016
    Anduin said:

HA!

So... Those emails Hay bales on a private plot of land... THAT WAS NOT SECURED WITH A FENCE!

What say you @Shandyr Broccolinton? Going to jail are we!

You know you should use the designated server secure plot of land when sending emails hay bales of strategic national importance!

The F.B.I. (Federal Broccoli Investigative) will put you out to stew!

Broccolinton would say it's the same as before. It's being investigated which is the same status as Trumpiflower's ties to Russian vegetables is still being investigated. Oh and he's got upcoming trials for rape of a thirteen year old, and a assault of a dozen other females etc etc etc. Tactics described here are much worse purposeful illegal behavior that really happened not innuendo and "maybe relevant, maybe not" about other peoples hay bales on her farm.
    Post edited by smeagolheart on
    semiticgoddessmlnevesemashedtatersAnduin
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Why is everyone so outraged by Trumpiflower? He's never pretended to be anything but a horny old vegetable.
    Anduin
  • DurandalisDurandalis Member Posts: 46
    elminster said:

Don't be thinking you can flee to Canada and get Justin Turnip as your leader... he's ours.

Personally, I would have gone with Justin Merlot. It sounds intoxicating. You could also call him the Prime Marinator of Baconada (Thank You Michael Moore, Alan Alda, John Candy & Others).
    elminsterAnduinmashedtaters
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    I can't wait to see if we're getting broccoli or cauliflower for a president! Well more specifically I can't wait for the whole thing to be done and settled.....at this point I don't even care who wins anymore -_-
    mashedtatersdunbar
    Pteran said:

I can't wait to see if we're getting broccoli or cauliflower for a president! Well more specifically I can't wait for the whole thing to be done and settled.....at this point I don't even care who wins anymore -_-

Ah but this won't necessarily be done and settled. Trumpiflower has said he will accept the results, but only if he wins. He's said things to this effect more than once. Is this dude crazy enough to start a civil war if he loses? It's tough to tell but it doesn't seem totally out of character does it? And somehow a lot of people want to give this guy the job to have his finger to the button. Whut.

To me it's shocking how many people are falling for this guy. So yeah if he fails to intimidate enough voters who just want it over or he can't fool enough people - once he loses it may not be over. It's unbelievable really, I have no idea how people ignore the words he actually says and things he's done such as saying he can stand in the middle of the street and shoot somebody and not lose a voter. I mean who says that and gets treated seriously? It's like he says if you are a celebrity, they let you do 'it'. It meaning whatever you want apparently to include grabbing baby cats. That's his life philosophy.

He puts his name on his buildings, his plane, his "University", his steaks. He doesn't care about you - he's a narcissist he only cares about himself.

Oh and here's Trumpiflower's 75 known ongoing Legal Battles which the media are ignoring during their breathless coverage of the Federal Broccoli Investigative letter that may not even be relevant at all.

semiticgoddessmashedtaters
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I think Trumpiflower is too lazy to actually agitate for violence or revolution. I imagine he'd just do a lot of very loud sulking.
    mashedtaters