Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Pokota said:

As it turns out, it's far more efficient to have one mage with Protection from Petrification than to use Potions of Mirrored Eyes when attacking Mutamin's Garden, solely because of duration shenanigans.

Plus, you know, spells are a renewable resource and potions are not. Also, I don't think you can use the spell against Aec'Letec, so saving potions for that takes precedence.
    CrevsDaaklolienJuliusBorisovProont
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    I don't think Dark Moon Monk Xenia will be bothering with Durlag's tower, let alone Aec, as it's a Solo game.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    problem with charname kills is that you can't really check the textbox, heh.
    GallowglassCrevsDaakdunbarProont
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    batoor said:

I was walking around without armor at the start of BG1 with like 12 hp..Then I encounter a gibberling and he crits me for 16 damage-.-

I am amazed at how gibberlings, xvarts and kobolds can easily kill a first level party .
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    DJKajuru said:

I am amazed at how gibberlings, xvarts and kobolds can easily kill a first level party .

A fighter with 18 Con has what, 14 hit points at level one? A Xvart's shortsword or a kobold's shortbow do d6 damage, so you could be dead in as few as three hits if you're unlucky.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    If you're being lazy and not positioning your party properly while marching to Nashkel or the friendly arm inn, meh.. I feel it can easily happen. If I was to try a no reload I'm sure I would be a lot more cautious.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    I usually take back roads into Nashkel in order to avoid failing my Pincushion save (by coming in via Brage), though lately I've been taking the main road since that way I can go straight to the FAI after collecting Samuel.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    batoor said:

If you're being lazy and not positioning your party properly while marching to Nashkel or the friendly arm inn, meh.. I feel it can easily happen. If I was to try a no reload I'm sure I would be a lot more cautious.

But even well armored 1st level npc's such as khalid can die from xvart-gibbeling-kobold attacks , at least until he reaches level 2.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    DJKajuru said:

But even well armored 1st level npc's such as khalid can die from xvart-gibbeling-kobold attacks , at least until he reaches level 2.

Or (and perhaps especially) if one runs into the ten-bandit transition ambush at level 1, which can easily end a no-reload run for pretty much any character or party.
    ThacoBellCrevsDaak
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited January 2017
    @Gallowglass Right, because the odds of there being a druid in literally the largest town in the region, as far away from nature as possible, in the middle of the night, at that exact moment, are oh so high.

There being a possibility for something happening doesn't make it likely.
    According to your logic there would be no one dying in this world, simply because some people happen to live for ever.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

Of course not. But the actual logic of the situation is exactly the other way around: something IS happening, so therefore we seek the possible explanations.

According to your logic there would be no one dying in this world, simply because some people happen to live for ever.

Nonsense.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

@Gallowglass Right, because the odds of there being a druid in literally the largest town in the region, as far away from nature as possible, in the middle of the night, at that exact moment, are oh so high.

Well...there are a lot of Druids around. Shadow Druids and regular Druids are fighting a war in the cloak wood and the woods of sharp teeth. And the shadow Druids are winning. They took out the community in the woods of sharp teeth and have a tree fort in the cloak wood.

What you hear is merely the war for nature that it being fought along the sword coast.
    GallowglassProont
    edited January 2017
    @Grum
    Did you know that the Cloakwood border is roughly 50km/ 30 miles away from Baldur's Gate? You wouldn't hear/ see anything that happens there in the city!
    Troodon80Proont
    It is times like these where I ask myself: Why do I even bother?
    lolienTroodon80Proont