Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    ThacoBell said:

The bottom. I believe the Demon Knight got buffed on the first floor to prevent people from killing him when he first appears.

I have BGEE and SoD installed, but no helm there!! :( I broke the mirror. Does it make any difference if you break the mirror or just fight him?
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

ThacoBell said:

The bottom. I believe the Demon Knight got buffed on the first floor to prevent people from killing him when he first appears.

I have BGEE and SoD installed, but no helm there!! :( I broke the mirror. Does it make any difference if you break the mirror or just fight him?
    You know, I don't know. It could be, I don't think I ever break the mirror.
    Montresor_SP
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    ThacoBell said:

I think I've done it twice, but both times, the Demon Knight got curbstomped by his own reflection, and I decided that that's just not right, and I should at least take him down by myself for XP's sake.
    CrevsDaakMontresor_SPWise_GrimwaldProont

ThacoBell said:

I think I've done it twice, but both times, the Demon Knight got curbstomped by his own reflection, and I decided that that's just not right, and I should at least take him down by myself for XP's sake.
    Next time I go down there, I'll have to do that. There were assassins waiting for me as I left! Just as well we had slept. When I saw them imediately went back in. Only two followed me. They got beaten up, we slept again and then the other three met the same fate. That was all reaction, not planned at all. :)
    ThacoBellProont
  • GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    Did you know that creatures and party members are hardcoded to have their GENERAL set to 3-DEAD while dead?

You can prevent Resurrection from being cast on a live party member by externalizing SPWI712.spl as an external child spell (say SPWI712A.spl) which is cast via an external .eff is applied to creatures with GENERAL=3 in SPWI712.spl.
    Montresor_SPCrevsDaakProont

If a character has the Helm of Opposite alignment on them during the transition to Siege of Dragonspear, then their alignment will reset to what it was before...but they'll still wear the helmet, which means that if you get if off with Remove Curse, then they'll have the opposite alignment permanently!

This does not happen in my set-up. Perhaps it is a bug that they have corrected. Disappointing, but I can hardly complain if the game works correctly. :(
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428

This does not happen in my set-up. Perhaps it is a bug that they have corrected. Disappointing, but I can hardly complain if the game works correctly. :(

Only happened to me once. Might have been a fluke; didn't bother to test it at length.
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovProont
    @Abi_Dalzim I tried putting the helm on a different character (This time the PC) and the result was the same.
    StummvonBordwehrProont
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    sazzie said:

not sure if mentioned but theres an "erb jansen" in NWN. hes in chapter twos epilogue in luskan. not sure if related to "jan jansen" but he does mention a journey that was had and a distinct lack of turnips on said journey.

makes me wonder if theyre related somehow

I think they are, but I haven't played NWN since the Cubs last won the Wor-- uh, for a long time. I do recall that when we were playing NWN, I burst out laughing at the Jansen/turnip connection and my wife gave me an odd look. She loved NWN but never played BG.
    sazzieCrevsDaakProont
  • sazziesazzie Member Posts: 103
    ahh @tbone1 me too!

when i discovered erb i had quite a laugh due to his profession and ramblings as they reminded me of jan immediately.

get her to play both if u can ;) having played BG and NWN there are little things that i feel tie all of faerun together. this being one of them
    Wise_GrimwaldCrevsDaakProont
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    edited February 2017
    @sazzie She tried BGEE, but she didn't care for it. I think she prefers the flexibility of NWN's multiclassing and doesn't care for isometric views, for some reason
    ahhh fair enough @tbone1

each to their own. i quite enjoy nwns camera and class options so i can see why the preference would be there. one day maybe!!
    tbone1 said:

@sazzie She tried BGEE, but she didn't care for it. I think she prefers the flexibility of NWN's multiclassing and doesn't care for isometric views, for some reason

I am quite the opposite. I could never get into NWN. Each to his/her taste. :)
    @Wise_Grimwald indeed. theres so many options for us each to enjoy

i dont have mods (i know im missing out but eh) but its great how so many characters are tied together over various games. really ties it all together

speaking of xan, hes tied into IWD, i think, by a relative of his who we find dead with a diary mentioning something or the tone of it is very much like xan.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

Did you know you can kill a watcher in the building where Fuller resides, without Fuller going hostile? This way on the LoB setting you may not worry about dealing with 2 enemies simultaneously.

In addition to the fact that you can get the stuff from Hull's chest under Fuller's very nose.
    mlneveseCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovProont