Skip to content

Report text errors and typos here

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Use this thread to catch and report all text errors and typos, so that the team could later collate them into a single Redmine ticket for an editor to look over.
hook71[Deleted User]mf2112Alonsodeltago

Comments

• AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    edited September 2016
    Thank you so much, Julius!

Is this thread meant to cover all the work published by Beamdog (IWD series, BG series, Adventurer's guide, Mastering Melee & Magic, Survival Guides, Field reports, Release Notes, whatever else I might have missed)?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Let's start it this way. If in the process we see that it should be better to have different threads for games and manuals, the thread will be splitted.
    AlonsoCrevsDaaklolien
  • paladin82paladin82 Member Posts: 4
    Adventurers Guide: Paladin Class Progression [page 143]
    Paladin gains Turn Undead at 3rd level, not 1st
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • paladin82paladin82 Member Posts: 4
    Adventurers Guide: Weapons table [page 117]
    Throwing Dagger should be placed in the One-Handed Ranged Weapons not in the Two-Handed Ranged Weapons
    JuliusBorisov
  • onenamelesscorpseonenamelesscorpse Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2016
    A bug

Before saving captain brage:

After saving captain brage:

Something is missing.

Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    @onenamelesscorpse - Only text errors should be reported here. You can read the instructions for reporting bugs at: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49845/how-to-report-bugs
    This bug has already been reported though: http://support.baldursgate.com/issues/26134
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    The description of the Periapt of proof against poison says it grants "Immunity to poison". Actually, the immunity is against the poisoned state, not the poison damage. The description gives a false sense of security. A clarification in the description would fix the problem. More details in this thread.
    Amn Suvival Guide:
    Interface > Bottom menu buttons > Dialogue: "This selects the dialogue cursor". It doesn't select it, it activates it.

Adventurer's Guide:
    The word "gains" is incorrectly used throughout the manual to refer to permanent features. Pages 16, 18, 20, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 33, etc. (E. g.: The Stalker gains has a permanent +20% bonus to Move Silently and Hide in Shadows).
    JuliusBorisov
    Adventurer's Guide:
    Chapter 6 > Intoxication: "All taverns (and many inns) serve a variety of intoxicants. Intoxication reduces a character’s luck while increasing". Incomplete sentence. Looks like what it increases is morale.

Luck spell: "They receive a +1 bonus to all actions, including Saving Throws, to-hit rolls, thieving skills, and anything else requiring a d20 roll". Thieving skills don't use d20 rolls.
    JuliusBorisov
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Strref #103176 (BG2EE) and #67471 (SoD)

This cittern looks as if no bard could coax a tune from its crisscrossed and frayed strings. However, when played, the cittern gives off a sweet and clear tone. A clever bard can master the art of playing the tangled strings all at once, creating a jangling melody that listners find incredibly disruptive.

listners -> listeners
    JuliusBorisovhook71
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited October 2016
    I've just noted that string 57352 has a dot before ending the quotation marks. It's the description for Ir'revrykal +5.

Edit: of course, BG2:EE.
    JuliusBorisov
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    @CrevsDaak - If you refer to "the One in the Void." and "Pain-Servant." that's not an error. It is handled that way in the BG games.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovHurricane
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    hook71 said:

It is handled that way in the BG games.

And in American English as a whole ;)
    TressetCrevsDaak
  • randyhermitrandyhermit Member Posts: 18
    Adventurers Guide: Open Lock [page 41]:
    "Open Lock is also used to disarm traps that the Thief
    has detected, making this an invaluable skill for any party."
    Seems like disarming traps checks Find Traps skill, not Open Lock.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

Adventurers Guide: Open Lock [page 41]:
    Seems like disarming traps checks Find Traps skill, not Open Lock.

I think the point the Manual was intending to make was that both disarm traps and open locks use the same button to activate - I agree it doesn't currently say that though and should be amended.
    JuliusBorisov
  • randyhermitrandyhermit Member Posts: 18
    Adventurers Guide: Monk [page 26].
    Can't find any mention that Monk has some Thieving Abilities.
    Actually, Monks only mentioned in Detect Illusion [page 41], which is I believe only available for a certain kit. And not a word about Find Traps, Hide in Shadows or Move Silently.

P.S. The fact Monks can not disarm traps, though having Find Traps skill... Could it be that Open Lock really do disarming instead of Find Traps?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @randyhermit The missking abilities for monks are reported, please, check this whole thread, especially https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/813612/#Comment_813612 in order not to post dupes.

As @Grond0 mentioned, the button for both disarm traps and open locks is the same, but the skills are different. It should be amended.
    randyhermit
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    The description for Protection from Evil (sppr107, string 25814) says it lasts for 1 turn, but it actually lasts for 3 rounds/level, besides, it's casting speed is 1, not 4 as the description says. No idea if it's the description or the spell what is wrong, but something definitely is.
    AndreaColomboelminsterhook71
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    SoD, in the Elfsong Tavern the Household Guard says:

"You get out of line, you talk a walk. Understood?"

Should "talk" be "take" or do I truly not understand.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovhook71
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovhook71
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    BG2. #94287: Nassad istead of Nasad
    JuliusBorisovhook71
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    A typo from BG1RE mod
    Duke Eltan:
    ............That one didn't succedd in killing me, but the other one surely.......
  • kurteisligakurteisliga Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2017
    Wizard spells Fire Shield Blue and Fire Shield Red:

Within the description texts, Fire Shield Red ("Fire Shield Red") is capitalized whereas Fire Shield Blue is not (it is written as "fire shield blue").
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]hook71
  • Earnest_ernestEarnest_ernest Member Posts: 40
    edited March 2017
    Expeditious retreat spell says that it only affects the caster, while actually it affects party members in a close radius too.

My bad, sorry I actually read the Haste spell description.
    Sword Coast Survival Guide, p. 10, 4th paragraph:

"The colleagues of Balduran, sea captains to whom..."

should be

"The colleagues of Balduran's, sea captains to whom..."
    Field Report

p. 27, description of "The Spectacles of Spectacle":

"He could see and even pull creatures from other worlds into our our own."

should be

"He could see and even pull creatures from other worlds into our own."

(with just one "our")
    [Deleted User]
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited April 2017
    BG2ee. Discovering Priest of Tyr has not been translated into italian, during the translation I've noticed its special ability is called acclamation instead exhaltation (BG1ee). I suppose it is a text errors (not a new ability) otherwise I do not understand how it is possible import character from BG1ee with a new one.
    [Deleted User]
  • alithegreatalithegreat Member Posts: 24
    Hello,

Melf's Acid Arrow description says
    Saving Throw: Special.

But the following description just explains how damage is calculated. There is no mention of what does the saving throw, which saving throw is used or when?

-if should be written somewhere else please tell, i will do it.-
    [Deleted User]hook71
This discussion has been closed.