Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited September 2017
    Seems like a lot of trouble to go to in order to basically cheat. I would just mod the slayer spell so that it doesn't damage you if I wanted to do this.

By the way, if anyone is interested in such a mod, just ask me.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,852
    Pokota said:

The only warrior kit that can get the Star Sapphire at level 1 is Barbarian, by using rage. None else can get enough strength.

This means that aside from Barbarians and thieves specializing in picking locks, no other classes can legally get the Star Sapphire at level 1 (Knock and DUHM are both level 2 spells, and I don't know that non-CHARNAME druids/shamans ever get a way to increase strength past 19)

It isn't there when you return after going to BG>
    Tresset said:

Confronting Tranzig or joining a bandit group is not the only way to learn the location of the bandit camp. During chapter 3 a group of bandits will appear next to the ruined caravan in the area between Beregost and the Friendly Arm Inn. If you kill all of the bandits except for their leader, Deke, he will surrender. You can then persuade him to reveal the location of the camp if your reaction or strength is high enough. Deke will also reveal the location if you charm him and talk to him.

That is what I used to do, but now I get Elminster's advice. Talk to the bandits and when I get to the camp I fight Tazok. I then go to the bandits that you are talking about and get their scalps and then go to Beregost to talk to the mage there.

Then return to the camp.

You get a lot more goodies doing it in that order.

If you go to the mage in Beregost or to Deke first, you miss out on some of them.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858

Pokota said:

The only warrior kit that can get the Star Sapphire at level 1 is Barbarian, by using rage. None else can get enough strength.

This means that aside from Barbarians and thieves specializing in picking locks, no other classes can legally get the Star Sapphire at level 1 (Knock and DUHM are both level 2 spells, and I don't know that non-CHARNAME druids/shamans ever get a way to increase strength past 19)

It isn't there when you return after going to BG>
    If you're still level 1 when you reach chapter six, either you're a genius or you're ridiculously lucky.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    You can choose to not level up.
    edited September 2017
    While you can choose to not level up, how precisely do you defeat the Bandit Camp, Davaeorn, and the top of the Iron Throne Tower at level 1?

This isn't about avoiding EXP, this is about relative power. You can only do so much with 15 HP, a base THAC0 of 20, and level 1 spells.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Pokota: One person has completed BG1, BG2, and ToB with a level 1/1/1 Fighter/Mage/Thief. I don't know the details, but I assume the BG1 run involved heavy use of wands and Arrows of Detonation and Dispelling. A Wand of Fire can get you through almost everything if you can keep it charged.
    Oooh, I'll have to read through that run. I assume that it predates BGEE?
    @Montresor_SP I didn't know that.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    How can you lure him outside? I can never seem to get that to work.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    @bbear

@Pokota: One person has completed BG1, BG2, and ToB with a level 1/1/1 Fighter/Mage/Thief. I don't know the details, but I assume the BG1 run involved heavy use of wands and Arrows of Detonation and Dispelling. A Wand of Fire can get you through almost everything if you can keep it charged.

It was done by @bbear and although images are unfortunately no longer there, videos are (at least, for BG2 and ToB)!

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/29615/is-it-possible-to-solo-level-1-the-bg-saga/p1
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903

In EET, you can re-visit most BG1 eras (excluding Baldur's Gate and Candlekeep) even after entering Shadows of Amn. This means you can have BG1 items in BG2 as long as you don't collect them during BG1.

This is especially useful with the Martyr's Morningstar, which reduces the target's HP by 15% of its maximum on a critical hit. If you combine it with Critical Strike, you can guarantee a critical hit that will knock 15% off the target's total HP, killing it in 6 or 7 hits no matter how high its HP is. A helmet can block the effect, unfortunately.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Chnapy said:

See, Kyland, sure, I know you're not such a bad guy, you're just following orders and all but...
    See, I prepared this insect plague just for you and it feels like such a waste not to use it...

Or rather, one of your buddies prepared insect plague, and it'd be a right shame not to use domination to turn it against you.