Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Right now I'm leaning towards the restless solo poverty run with a Seducer. @argent77 recently showed me how to add unlimited followers to a party--not actual party members you can raise from the dead, or whose inventory or spellbooks you can manage, or who could gain levels, but critters who follow you around like familiars from map to map. So you might recruit a small army of followers, only to see half of them die to a single spell because they're so low-level and have no potions.
    ArctodusStummvonBordwehrlolien
    @Wise_Grimwald: I won the Grey Clan fights, both at the FAI and in Beregost, by summoning Greater Wyverns from the Amulet of Wyvren Summoning from the Dark Horizons mod in my BWS install (that amulet can win basically any fight). I don't really see how the fight could be reasonably won without relying on mod resources of some sort--in fact, I'm shocked you were able to beat the FAI fights without reloading! How did you manage it exactly?
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovlolien
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited October 2017
    @semiticgod Can you explain the new mechanic of your Seducer's ability ? For instance, can you still add classes to seduced enemies ? Can you still equip them with items ? If both these options are off the table now, maybe you can give yourself a break and do either a restless or a poverty run.
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
    @Arctodus: Seduction changes the target's class to fighter if they don't already have a valid character class, simply to let the target use some basic items and gain levels (albeit at a 50% XP penalty). But since Recruit Follower makes the target into a familiar instead of a party member, and the follower can no longer gain levels or switch out new equipment, there is no need to switch the target to a fighter class. Instead, they retain their old class, which means ogre mages and similar critters should still have their spells.

So, no items for followers--not because of the poverty thing, but because only party members can be given items, and you can only have so many party members.

I've just posted the updated Seducer kit, by the way.
    StummvonBordwehrArctodusJuliusBorisovlolien
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    For buffing in dead magic rooms, can't you pocket plane, buff there, return to the dead magic room, and continue? Or does the room also Dispel upon entrance? It's been awhile since I've gotten there.
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 920
    Yes, the rooms dispel all buffs upon entrance (though they did leave shield of the archons active for some reason - does anyone know why?).
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

I'm not sure how to deal with HP loss in a restless poverty run. Without rests, healing spells are so scarce as to be useless. Without items, CON-based regeneration is impossible before late BG2, potions are gone, and you can't pay for healing at temples.

Are there racial restrictions on the class? If not then a dwarf or half-orc could use the con tome to trigger regeneration - it wouldn't be easy to access at level 1, but it would be possible.
    @Grond0: No racial restrictions for Seducers. But there's no CON tome in a poverty run.
    Grond0lolien
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

@Grond0: No racial restrictions for Seducers. But there's no CON tome in a poverty run.

Right - it's still too early in the morning for me :p.