Skip to content

Did you *actually* know?

Comments

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Redrake said:

In the first tavern in Easthaven in IWD1, in the basement there are 4 beetles.

Their names are John, Ringo, Paul and George.

So this was after they kicked out the beetle named Pete?

In the basement of the store, there are four mutated beetles in the rut season, colloquially known as rutles: Dirk, Stig, Barry, and Nasty.

Montresor_SPAerakar
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    tbone1 said:

Redrake said:

In the first tavern in Easthaven in IWD1, in the basement there are 4 beetles.

Their names are John, Ringo, Paul and George.

So this was after they kicked out the beetle named Pete?
    He always was the Best, they couldn't take that!
    tbone1StummvonBordwehr
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Now, the funny thing is, I'm not the author of this joke. BIS team told it to the community roughly 15 years ago. Apparently, they wanted to include those names, but they thought it would lead to too many jokes from the prologue (which was supposed to be a demo as well).
    AerakarStummvonBordwehrlolien
  • lnstructor_lnstructor_ Member Posts: 76
    The original founder of Baldur's Gate is Bill Gates.
    Montresor_SP

The original founder of Baldur's Gate is Bill Gates.

True. Baldur's Gate was a game playable in Windows 98, Bill Gates first Windows which did not require Dos.
    Montresor_SP
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Actually the correct name of the game is Baldur's™ Gate®. Bill Gates never created anything with less than one trademark™ and one registered trademark® symbol in it.
    StummvonBordwehr
    It was sarcasm from me. I guess it didn't pass as one.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Did you actually know that I tried really hard to think of a good comment?
    mlneveseStummvonBordwehr
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

The reason Demogorgon couldn't escape Watcher's Keep is because he had no opposable thumbs. You know how some dogs will try to open doors by biting the doorknob? That's basically what Demogorgon was doing the whole time.

Helm, the god of guards, does actually close his "ever-watching eyes" sometimes. He just puts on googly eyes so nobody knows he's asleep.

I thought he let Tyr keep an eye on things when he needed a nap... ;)
    semiticgoddesslolien
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    tbone1 said:

DreadKhan said:

The reason Demogorgon couldn't escape Watcher's Keep is because he had no opposable thumbs. You know how some dogs will try to open doors by biting the doorknob? That's basically what Demogorgon was doing the whole time.

Helm, the god of guards, does actually close his "ever-watching eyes" sometimes. He just puts on googly eyes so nobody knows he's asleep.

I thought he let Tyr keep an eye on things when he needed a nap... ;)
    Odin kept an eye on things, though Tyr was known to lend a hand.

[ducks back into bunker]

In Forgotten Realms, Tyr also has no eyes... I think I got a bit obscure!
    lolien
    I didn't buy this game so I could get kink-shamed!
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    It's not necrophilia if she can say yes.
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    Dev6 said:

she is still dead so i believe you ll still get attacked if hexxat was a male he couldnt have had an erection cause no heart is beating to transmit blood in the male organ (too bad for true blood and twilight female fans feel sorry for you...Not! )
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719

Dev6 said:

she is still dead so i believe you ll still get attacked if hexxat was a male he couldnt have had an erection cause no heart is beating to transmit blood in the male organ (too bad for true blood and twilight female fans feel sorry for you...Not! )
    I am so, so sorry to be the one to tell you this but...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_erection
    semiticgoddessThacoBelltbone1
    I am so, sorry not to be the one to tell you that.
    ThacoBelltbone1Dev6

I didn't buy this game so I could get kink-shamed!

I did.
    ThacoBell
    Dev6 said:

[This reply has been self-censored.]
    Dev6
  • ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263
    Did you know, that the endings for Mass Effect 3, the best recieved piece of Bioware story writing ever, was finished decades ago and actualy put into the Baldur´s Gate as an Easter egg?

When installing original Baldur´s gate (i think both I and II), you would get to run a test for your graphic card. During the test, your screen would flash and the three endigns of Mass Effect would appear. Obivously nobody knew what they are looking at back than. Now it clearly clicks together, shutting all the trolls and haters, who ridiculously claim that the endings were half-baked because the story grew over Bioware´s head.

Sadly Beamdog did not include the graphic test to the EE, since they do not have rights to ME content.
    lolienMontresor_SPAerakar
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    edited November 2017
    did you know that if you didnt know you should have known ?

doesnt that make complete sense or what ?
    Montresor_SP
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited November 2017
    BillyYank said:

With the release of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, we'll finally get to import our Baldur's Gate character, just like we were promised back in the day.

Don't even start with that... :) I've been waiting for this for years :wink:
    AerakarMontresor_SPStummvonBordwehrDaevelon
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited November 2017
    Raduziel said:

Grum said:

Did you know that there really was a dragon in the cloakwood? Coran did, and had you kill a wyrven to defraud Beregost.

Also did you know that you do eventually get to fight that dragon? Hint: it is in ToB and he is a a Bhaalspawn

I hate when I read something awesome seconds before noticing that it is the Actually Know thread.
    There are many amazing mod ideas in this thread actually.
    ThacoBellDaevelon
    mlnevese said:

BillyYank said:

With the release of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, we'll finally get to import our Baldur's Gate character, just like we were promised back in the day.

Don't even start with that... :) I've been waiting for this for years :wink:
    OMG. There were dozens of threads like that when NWN was released. On both Interplay and Bioware boards people were constantly complaining they cannot import their Bhaalspawns.
    mlneveseButtercheeseStummvonBordwehr