Skip to content

Guess Facts about the Next Poster

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Hell yes.

The next poster did not watch the British royal wedding today.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    False.. I have no idea why, but I did watch it, at least the first part. It surprised me that I spent two hours watching that since I have absolutely ZERO interest in anything royal normally. But me and the GF kept watching and talked about which hats we liked the most or who wore dresses without covering their shoulders in church etc. In hindsight, 'twas kinda surreal.

The next person go out of character so often (IRL) they can't really be said to have any profound character traits.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Not at all. Who you see is who I am, but I have hidden depths. Hidden depths, I tell you.

The next poster has hidden depths and will detail them to us strangers.
    False.. ish. My hidden depths are my extreme nerdyness when it comes to games. But here's the only place I am truly open with it. In meatspace most ppl probably think I am fairly normal, liking football and stuff like that. They don't know I like to rock chiptunes in my headphones or spend 4 hours contemplating what skills to choose for my character playing games.

The next person is very open with their nerdyness IRL.
  • NotabarbiegirlNotabarbiegirl Member Posts: 141
    edited July 2018
    Every Single DAY, I flaunt it and Work it! Especially at Frys, when I was ignored by all of the Male Sales People and the female sale person got the largest sale of the month because she actually spoke with me about what I needed. What they get for ignoring a female who is shopping for 2 laptops, a gaming computer and accessories to go with. BOOM BABY!

The next poster wises they could have seen the shock involved in that FUN caper last weekend
    False. I am use to people making large purchases, albeit not in electronics. It also depends if the associates were commissioned or not. If they weren’t, then it really doesn’t matter what you bought. If they were, they also might rotate customers and it was her sale as she was the next one up and just hit the jackpot, or they lost out on a sale that probably equates to an entire pay cheque.

The next poster wishes they were currently outside.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    False, my allergies (and this blasted humidity) would do me in.

The next poster actually enjoys summer.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    My skin is pale. I don't tan. My eyes are so sensitive to bright light that I need to wear two pairs of sunglasses when it's bright out. And I live in Texas. I have a sunburn from a few days ago and my skin stings when I walk outside.

I was not designed to live in the Texas summer. I was designed to live in a freezing bog in the British isles. Summer here is like living in a furnace.

The next poster enjoys winter.
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    True, I enjoy it! Winters in Kolkata and the surrounding areas are always mild and pleasant, and are a much awaited change after the heat that persists throughout most of the year. It's usually about 24-26°C in the daytime, going down at most to 14-18°C in the night. It's such a nice time with clear sunny skies and cool breezes, picnics and fairs, and the only time when we can actually enjoy the sunshine rather than feeling tormented by it. Accompanied with it are a diverse array of seasonal culinary delights that make winter one of the best seasons here.

The next poster enjoys the rains.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Rain is life. Just watch me growing after it.

The next poster enjoys the trains.
    it seems the on to the right might just have drunk a little too much of it, ay? ;)

I do. We usually take the night train when we go up to our cabin in the north and I always enjoy going by train. Even though I sleep poorly, it's still oddly comforting and cozy for some reason. I usually listen to ambient music and dream myself away into a fantasy world.

The next person is overly joyed this magnificent thread woke up from slumber again.
    True. Though it seems to slip into oblivion now and again these days...

The next poster also thinks that it was @Minion who's been behind the commenting blockade bug (aka "Vanilla's Power Word: Silence") yesterday.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    True, but I suspect he was acting on the orders of Gru.

The next person would roleplay an evil Charname named Gru.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited August 2018
    False. But I would play a chaotic neutral idiot named Groo!

The next poster has actually heard of Groo.
    Without googling, which I am too lazy to do atm, False.

The next poster slept for more than 10 hours (in a row) sometime this week.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    False. I don’t think I got more than 5 in one day.

He next poster thinks sleep is for sissies.
    False, sleep is mandatory. I am a bit jealous of my brother though who can manage with like 5 hours per night continuously. I can manage that ofc for a night or two, but the darker half-year of my country I tend to need 7 at least to remain human and not turn into a zombie state. 2-3 extra waking hours per day is a looooot of extra time to waste on unnecessary junk, like playing games or watching movies.

The next person has hidden their phylactery in a clay jar and keep it in a shelf.
    Close. It’s in an unlocked junk drawer under a tangle of wires. Impossible to get to.

The next poster believes in magic.
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    Obviously! I know a few spells myself... each and every morning I cast "Raise Dead" on self, and the last time I went out for a kebab, someone cast Cleric Creeping Doom on me. Sometimes when the mother in law is around, I cast Dimension Door, making a quick escape to the games room.

The next poster really wishes today was Friday.
    Obviously True. Can’t everyday be tie day Friday?

The next poster can say their native alphabet backwards.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    ZYXWVUTSRQPONMLKJIHGFEDCBA

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

The next poster checked my work.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    True, but I didn't find an error.

The next poster is obsessed with their new charname and will every excruciating detail of their backstory.
    YES! But its for PoE instead. I am actually remaking the character, right now to fit better into its backstory.

I am starting over as a mystic ,pale elven druid (spiritual cat) from the White Wends who was brought to region after having visions relating to the main plot. Being a wanderer, she is more hearty (15 CON, 14 MIG) than most other elves, but her careful planning (PER 14, INT 15) makes her a bit slower (10 DEX and Resolve) to act.

I am going to attempt to take feats that enhance and protect against freeze type of damage to fit in with the White Wends theme, but I am unfamiliar with them beyond the talent Secret of Rime, but that is more character progression than backstory. She also will use a walking staff (Pike for now) for combat not in her spirit form and wear hide armour. Wearing metal or even cloth would seem very foreign to her so she'll shy away from those.

I am hoping to take this character all the way into PoE2, but my restartist may have other plans.

The next poster has never finished a PoE play though.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    True! And I hope I will, but gotta alt_tab away from my inspiring work with writing power points for the steering committee meeting on Monday. Oh the thrills of discussion resource issues, budget constraints and architectural and solution related challenges!

The next person feel the need to hug me in a very comforting way for enduring the life of being an office thrall.
    *Hugs* Wish you all the best! :smiley:

The next person is happy because today's a Friday.
    False. Fridays mean I work and miss all the Beamdog streams. Now if it was Monday...

The next poster wishes they didn’t have to work today/tomorrow.
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited August 2018
    False. I just got back from my vacation and it was pretty relax, so I don’t mind being back. Also, I’m a cataloging librarian, so I basically get paid for reading books. As far as work goes, that’s a pretty sweet job. :p

The next poster despises his job.