Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    edited October 2014
    DreadKhan said:

...and just what makes a goblin or kobold a monster??

I'll insert my somewhat "fantasy game racist" here now to derail the thread more.

If the only stats for a creature are found in the Monster Manual (or other core book that's not the PHB). It's a monster.
    booinyoureyes
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Wiggles said:

DreadKhan said:

...and just what makes a goblin or kobold a monster??

I'll insert my somewhat "fantasy game racist" here now to derail the thread more.

If the only stats for a creature are found in the Monster Manual (or other core book that's not the PHB). It's a monster.
    There were entries for humans too, TONS in 2nd ed. The Monster Manual is simply a name, it assuredly was not an exclusive resource of Monsters any more than the Fiend Folio contained only Fiends. *shrug*
    lolien[Deleted User]
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Waaaaaaaatt.....
    lolienCrevsDaak
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    No mini-gazebos?
    CuvlolienCrevsDaak
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    How many APR does it get on it's potted plant missile weapon?
    Arcalian
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2014
    procco said:

Somehow this question makes me think of the Cabbage-pult, Kernel-pult, and Melon-pult in Plants vs Zombies. :)
    JuliusBorisovlolienJairyannaCrevsDaak
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Cuv said:

I could make some mini-gazebos :) a pack of them! heh

Throwing gazebos?
    NimranlolienCrevsDaak
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    I have lost myself in your words, but Boo thinks you're just ducky. Onwards!!
    LordRumfishbooinyoureyeslolienArcalian
    procco said:

elminster said:

procco said:

Somehow this question makes me think of the Cabbage-pult, Kernel-pult, and Melon-pult in Plants vs Zombies. :)
    Aww man, I hope this doesn't mean adventure y is going to be some crummy tower defense game. (And yes, I've spent way too many hours on PvsZ. Curse you, Zombies!!!)
    CRUMMY?!

Ahem, I have been a big Tower Defense fan for a long time now. ;) Those damn flying bosses were hard to drop though.

Semi back on topic... Any word on an NPC pergola?
    elminsterproccololienCrevsDaak
    Ardanis said:

procco said:

Aww man, I hope this doesn't mean adventure y is going to be some crummy tower defense game.

Not at all, it's Gazebo Defense game. The party starts inside the gazebo and must fend off waves of enemies. Most of them are regular archers, so Protection From Normal Missiles will work, but watch out for the boss with +3 arrows.
    Hmm... are there 'splitters' that make superfast babies your defensces always target last? Cuz everyone hates them. Also, do we have splash damage gazebos?
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    edited October 2014
    DreadKhan said:

Ardanis said:

procco said:

Aww man, I hope this doesn't mean adventure y is going to be some crummy tower defense game.

Not at all, it's Gazebo Defense game. The party starts inside the gazebo and must fend off waves of enemies. Most of them are regular archers, so Protection From Normal Missiles will work, but watch out for the boss with +3 arrows.
    Hmm... are there 'splitters' that make superfast babies your defensces always target last? Cuz everyone hates them. Also, do we have splash damage gazebos?
    Okay, now I want an IE tower defense game. So many tactical options.
    lolienAdulmeagloth
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    *grabs popcorn*
    CuvCrevsDaak
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Why haven't anybody noticed the new portrait in the Gazebo screenshot? :) Not only final boss of the Adventure Y is revealed but also a new NPC: Persephone!
    lolienPibaro
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    But speaking seriously I want to pay attention to the fact @Cuv‌ put this Gazebo monster into BGEE, not BG2EE.

In psychology they say that subconscious ideas reveal the truth. Maybe this screenshot additionally confirms that the Adventure Y is connected to BG1 and not ToB :)

Although Phillip's screenshots told the same thing, this additional confirmation is helpful.
    booinyoureyesCrevsDaak