Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    And people say that playing video games will make me stupid.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    If Anomen is lv19 and Keldorn 12 you can use turn undead to turn Keldorn? That can only mean Keldorn is a good undead, like that Stark beyond the wall!

Or a bug, of course.
  • namarienamarie Member Posts: 52
    edited October 2016
    MacHurto said:

If Anomen is lv19 and Keldorn 12 you can use turn undead to turn Keldorn? That can only mean Keldorn is a good undead, like that Stark beyond the wall!

Or a bug, of course.

I think in OD&D (or was it 1E?) Clerics can turn Paladins/Clerics of opposite alignment. I don't know if this rule got carried into AD&D. Could be that it was an optional rule or something and the devs saw fit to include
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    MacHurto said:

Or a bug, of course.

There was a bug in the 1.3 version. Which version of the game are you using?
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    sluckers said:

Did you know?

If Baeloth's arrival scene in BG1 triggers before you have killed all of the gibberlings, the gibberlings will then attack you and end your no reload. If they are asleep, they will actually wake the %#&$ up and maul you to death while Baeloth is strutting around shouting for his genie. Your character will not fight back because they are listening.

A real WTF moment for me.

Under SCS rules, this means that the talk-and-kill trick is now legitmate. Have fun everyone.

must be a new problem created by 2.0 since in 1.3 the script actively scanned and waited until they were all dead.
    edited October 2016

MacHurto said:

Or a bug, of course.

There was a bug in the 1.3 version. Which version of the game are you using?
    iPad. Guess 1.3? Told Keldorn to stay with his family. He has clearly killed himself working

On unrelated news: did you know that epic level Anomen is all you need against liches/vampires? I didn't
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    MacHurto said:

On unrelated news: did you know that epic level Anomen is all you need against liches/vampires? I didn't

I do, playing unmodded bg2 with him makes every undead fight a piece of cake.
    Only few of them, like
    Kangaxx
    are difficult to turn
    Daevelon said:

MacHurto said:

I do, playing unmodded bg2 with him makes every undead fight a piece of cake.
    Only few of them, like
    Kangaxx
    are difficult to turn
    How does SCS (or whichever mod) change it?
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    edited October 2016

sluckers said:

Did you know?

If Baeloth's arrival scene in BG1 triggers before you have killed all of the gibberlings, the gibberlings will then attack you and end your no reload. If they are asleep, they will actually wake the %#&$ up and maul you to death while Baeloth is strutting around shouting for his genie. Your character will not fight back because they are listening.

A real WTF moment for me.

Under SCS rules, this means that the talk-and-kill trick is now legitmate. Have fun everyone.

must be a new problem created by 2.0 since in 1.3 the script actively scanned and waited until they were all dead.
    I don't think it's a bug. I'm still using 1.3.2064, but depending on what the game spawns (the gibberling group size varies I think according to number of partymates and experience levels) the groups of gibberlings may be spread out wider than the scanned area (maybe?). I walked up from the southwest and just came back into sight of some gibberlings neutralized by the wand of sleep who were north east of the tower. Baeloth spawned and the gibberlings awoke as the cutscene centred the screen on him; they charged howling at me and got in enough free potshots to kill my character.

I'm certain it wasn't because the wand of sleep effect wore off at the exact instant the cutscene took control of the screen.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Not to sound annoying but this one has already been mentioned a huge number of times in the thread as well as a number of other charm interactions, you can try searching through the thread for more stuff of this type if you like those.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Aegis is the only way to block Dispel Magic in IWD2.

The only ways to block stun in IWD2 without using mods are Antimagic Field, which disables spellcasting, Iron Body, which imposes 80% spell failure, or Seven Eyes, which only blocks one stunning attack.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725

Of course, I don't mean that it shouldn't be repeated, just pointing out that there are a lot more like it in the thread if he's interested.

I literally didn't mean to sound annoying.

Also, this thread is "Did you know?" Not all questions should lead to the "No" answer. People continue to join this thread long after it started and share their own findings. It's completely OK.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited October 2016
    That avatar looks familiar. I feel I really know it from somewhere... :wink:
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296

eh, its 69 pages at this point. Some repetition is inevitable.

Well, it is 69 pages. Eventually people will repeat stuff.

mlnevese said:

I have to agree here.., In a 69 page thread some repetition and even some off-topic talk is inevitable.

Meta!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Oh! Its Cyric's symbol isn't it?! :smiley:
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @thedamages Nope... it's Mystra's notice the god is dead and just a skeleton...