Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    Pokota said:

12:18 SCIENCE!

Hahahhaha...... :)

• AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    Wow Grond0. I avoid these goons even on Core difficulty....

Wise_Grimwald
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 2,375
    edited October 2017
    @Arctodus Congrats on finishing BG1 :)
    @Grond0 Hard luck on your run finishing when it had barely started.

Grond0Arctodus
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 295
    love the Tobrecan image Wise... is that your photo background?

Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 2,375
    ussnorway said:

love the Tobrecan image Wise... is that your photo background?

It is. From the Himalayas. The background for Ricehard was taken from near the same spot too.

ussnorwayJuliusBorisovlolien
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 295

Whatever advice is helpful

Friends = money + summon familiar = hit points but the wand of frost (tree stump, top left mines map) = easly level up against the battle horrors guarding Durlag

StormvesselJuliusBorisovWise_Grimwaldsemiticgod
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    edited October 2017
    Tresset said:
    Thank you.
    ussnorway said:

Whatever advice is helpful

Friends = money + summon familiar = hit points but the wand of frost (tree stump, top left mines map) = easly level up against the battle horrors guarding Durlag

Thanks. That's not a bad idea. There's also those lizards that turn you to stone where Sharteel is. I could use a resist pet scroll and level there, too. I have to wait until Nashkel to get Find Familiar (it's looted off of some assassin) because I'm a sorc and can't waste a spell slot on a use once spell. I'm probably going to take your advice and go after that wand.
    Grond0 said:

Welcome @Stormvessel and have fun. You asked about starting advice for this character. I would suggest the following would make things easy to begin with:
    - travel by day (to avoid the risk of archer ambushes) to the coast to find Shoal.
    - shoot her down without letting her get close enough to talk (or kiss :D). Hey presto you've got to level 3.
    - use sleep to take down the ogre clan nearby.
    - a few more tasks around Beregost and you'll be up to level 4. If you choose invisibility you then have the option of safe travel / resting from then onwards.

Awesome. Oh yea - that judas kiss...I don't know why the game developers would do that it's not fair in the least...I hope I can keep her away...I also thought about cheesing Drizzt but using an exploit kinda defeats the purpose. I'm still going fireball-the-fog crazy, though, because it's not my character's fault his enemies are stupid. ;)

Lastly, I forgot to mention another reason I chose Sorc is so that I don't lose out trying to learn spells. But I may have a mage in my party and am curious about the -15%. Is it applied before or after INT bonus? The reason I ask is because if I quaff a pot and get INT to 21, that should be like 97%. I'm not sure how that works. So it becomes 82%. I am starting to wonder if it's even worth it to get a mage if I'm going to have to chase down genius pots and worry about losing scrolls.

Oh, one more thing, I'm not going to be able to pickpocket back stuff I sell so money is going to be tight. Is there any way to farm unlimited money in this game?

JuliusBorisovlolien