Skip to content

Guess Facts about the Next Poster

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Above the Confluence? No sir, my name is Carston.

The next poster isn't the Lord of the Level liek m'self.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Still remember when i NoClipped into a non-reachable area in DukeNukem and saw the sign saying "NO ONE SHOULD BE HERE - LEVELORD". Great level design that. But no, I am not levelord nor lord of the level.

The next person likes the Shadowrun setting.
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    Very very True, I also like the Eclipse Phase setting made by some of the Shadowrun guys from the last edition along with some others. It's probably the single best conspiracy RPG (outside of Paranoia, but Paranoia can get kinda silly in a way that pulls me out of it) I've ever played/GM'd, also the best sci fi RPG I've ever played/GM'd, also among the best horror RPGs I've ever played/GM'd, and one of the most unique takes on the post-apocalyptic RPG I've ever seen and among my faves of that too (I love Apocalypse World a lot for the more standard/default post-apocalyptic stuff but EP is a better setting overall).

The next poster loves a niche RPG that no one around them seems to play or GM.
    Trueish. I did like two old swedish RPG's, but being so young back then (early, mid-nineties) I actually don't remember the details anymore so I have no idea if they actually were any good. It was the only time in my life I actually played a bit of PnP and the games were "Mutant" (which was a post-apoc setting where I had a mutant with four arms and ambidexterity which was pretty OP, but he was allergic to metal and whenever shot fell into a coma for days which were kinda.. UP.) and another occult game called "Kult". Neither of these games were niche back then (maybe Kult was a bit niche, the swedish press loved to blame ritualistic murders on roleplaying games back then) but I think if anyone would play them today they would indeed be niche as fu-fu-fu-fu.. !

The next person remembers their very first character in a PnP game ever and will tell us about it!
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    edited February 2017
    Yup, I secretly emptied the dwarven barbarian's barrels of ale and refilled them with water, when he found out he went into a rage and attacked the nearest person which happened to be the wizard as I had seen him going for his ale and subtly positioned myself on the other side of the party. I of course stayed silent about it so mayhem ensued. The DM and I had a good chuckle about it later.

The next poster has also pranked a party member.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    True. I am even pranking parties which I'm not a member of.

The next poster has never heard of a taciturn gnome before, but would like to replace Jan with of them.
    False, I've not only heard of them I see them on lawns all the time. They're not that great even at level 20 so I'll stick with Jan.

The next poster would definitely spread some strawberry Jan on toast.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    *pulls out a packet of Jan's guts and spreads them on his toast*

...What?

Next poster likes the taste of guts in the morning.
    Never tried guts, and wouldn't like to, but I do enjoy the taste of blood.

The next poster suspects I'm a Vampire now (btw, I hate sunlight).
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I think the only vampire around here is @mashedtaters. Unless s/he's been nibbling on people on the sly.

The next poster has a .gif that makes them laugh every time they see it.
    False.

The next poster has yet to master the social skill “Fake Laugh“.
    False, I've got 3 pips in that.

The next person has reached GM in a RL skill.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Is sleeping a skill?

The next poster has problems with technology.
    True, most of them involve other people making use of said technology.

If given the chance, the next poster would use magic throughout daily life and become a lazy bum.
    Mm, partially, I'd make use of magic but just to make a better use of my time.

The next poster would prefer to have no magic at all and do all s/he has to do.
    False, I would love to have mad magic skillz and just use my telekineses to get me a cup of coffee, summon a couple of Mordenkainen's excel crunchers to crunch my numbers for me and have a a pair of flesh golems to take care of .. you know, like Thalantyr.

The next poster has watched a lot of zombie tv shows and like me, wonders why not one of the survivors in those shows has ever thought about the idea of making a shield to wear while fighting zombies in melee. I mean, raid a museum, wear chainmail, a shield and put a few pips in your favorite melee weapon and go to town on those walkers!
    I always figured armor would be rather useless against zombies. Once the zombies grab you, they can haul you to the ground and tear off whatever armor you possess--they have the advantage of numbers; they can overpower you. Armor would just slow you down and make you easier to snatch. When you're talking about a horde of enemies that only needs to grab you to kill you, mobility and ranged attacks are your best chance at survival.

I am reminded of a scene from a movie when a European in heavy armor gets ambushed by some unarmored Native Americans. Their weapons are useless against the armor, but when they knock the guy down and sit on his back, they can pry it off, rendering him vulnerable.

I'd say the most overlooked anti-zombie weapon would be fire, because zombies wouldn't be smart enough to stop, drop, and roll. Set them alight from afar and they'd go down within minutes--no need for highly precise ranged headshots or risky and physically demanding melee decapitations.

The next poster knows why zombie apocalypse scenarios have been so popular these days.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    [Spoiler]
    Skatan said:

False, I would love to have mad magic skillz and just use my telekineses to get me a cup of coffee, summon a couple of Mordenkainen's excel crunchers to crunch my numbers for me and have a a pair of flesh golems to take care of .. you know, like Thalantyr.

The next poster has watched a lot of zombie tv shows and like me, wonders why not one of the survivors in those shows has ever thought about the idea of making a shield to wear while fighting zombies in melee. I mean, raid a museum, wear chainmail, a shield and put a few pips in your favorite melee weapon and go to town on those walkers!

My reenactment group has a plan to get our gear and take a castle, we'll hole up there till it's safe. [/spoiler]

The next poster knows why zombie apocalypse scenarios have been so popular these days.

No, but I usually say it's because people subconsciously identify as zombies.

The next poster thinks himself a zombie... Or is a zombie and thinks himself alive...
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

I always figured armor would be rather useless against zombies. Once the zombies grab you, they can haul you to the ground and tear off whatever armor you possess--they have the advantage of numbers; they can overpower you. Armor would just slow you down and make you easier to snatch. When you're talking about a horde of enemies that only needs to grab you to kill you, mobility and ranged attacks are your best chance at survival.

I am reminded of a scene from a movie when a European in heavy armor gets ambushed by some unarmored Native Americans. Their weapons are useless against the armor, but when they knock the guy down and sit on his back, they can pry it off, rendering him vulnerable.

I'd say the most overlooked anti-zombie weapon would be fire, because zombies wouldn't be smart enough to stop, drop, and roll. Set them alight from afar and they'd go down within minutes--no need for highly precise ranged headshots or risky and physically demanding melee decapitations.

Someone should open a "how would you fight zombies in real life" thread :)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Skatan said:

Anti Shark wetsuit. Done.
    Uh...True?

The next poster is also an anti-shark wetsuit.
    True... I think... Is that what kids call themselves these days? Well I guess I am!

The next poster is an anti-suit wetshark.
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    True.

The next anti-suit wetshark is a poster.
    Yes!

The next pro-shark sweatchute is wearing anti-shirt sweatpants.
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    Yeah...
    anti-shark this, bulletproof that, ticks will still crawl into places your significant other wants you to shave.

The next poster thinks unshaven armpits are proof of honesty.
    True! I kind of think evolution went the wrong way in depriving us of fur, like petting animals is so fun why can't we all be just as fluffy and cuddly as...well, I guess a chimp and idk what the texture of their fur is but like humans are like a weird sci fi interpretation of an ape, eerily hairless in kind of a bizarre way that would feel like a twilight zone episode that would have been filmed in the reality where we kept our actually ape quantities of hair and nothing else was different.

The next poster is an ape smoocher.
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    GODS FORGIVE ME for bringing this up
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    We can't be furry. It'd overheat our brains. And false, I don't smooch apes.

The next poster has watched the Twilight Zone.