Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Heh, I usually hock em first, steal em back, then give them to him, but that works as well. I spose one could then pickpocket them again and then sell them to a fence for a triple play but not tried that one, not yet.
    The steal but don't kill method. B)
    AerakarlolienMontresor_SPWise_Grimwald
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Zaghoul said:

Heh, I usually hock em first, steal em back, then give them to him, but that works as well. I spose one could then pickpocket them again and then sell them to a fence for a triple play but not tried that one, not yet.
    The steal but don't kill method. B)

Your character is obviously not TRULY evil, his honesty just leaves a little bit to be desired.
    ZaghoulAerakar
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2019
    My agree is that there is a jeremy out there that is an idiot. I don't personally know this jeremy, but I am sure he exists.
    Wise_GrimwaldAerakar
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Is this BG 1 or 2? On 1 there's a Jeremy Melchior on the modeling team and on 2 there's a Jeremy Sheldon credited as a Tools Programmer.

There are a few other Jeremys, but those are the others are involved in QA and voice editing, so I'd consider them less likely.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    In all my years of playing BG, I have never ever come across Biff the Understudy (except in the Sigil troupe play, of course). How common is it, really?
    ChroniclerThacoBellmegamike15
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    I used to come across the Ubiquitous Zombie in PS: T in Ragpicker's Square - there was a bug in a dialog with Marrow-Friend which triggered him to appear. I think it was fixed even before the EE version.

I never met Biff the Understudy either, except of course in the theater.
    lolien
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416

Did you know that Baldur's Gate has an unused dialog file for Elminster?

I'm assuming this was drawn up really early into development, and soon after, they decided against manual inputs. Since this dialogue got canned, there was no need to attach items to the dialogue.

Perhaps @AstroBryGuy could implement it into UB (using multiple choice), but I'm guessing he has too much other stuff on his plate.
    OlvynChuruWise_Grimwald
  • MyragMyrag Member Posts: 328
    edited January 2019
    Yea. It just makes spirit trolls into simply trolls... this allows me to charge into de'arnise and tor'gal very early even with SCS/LOB.

Also, did you know that spell which remove intociation (for instance mass cure) remove the intoxiation status effect but no the portrait icon. For the longest time I thought they didn't work.

semiticgoddessAerakarlolienZaghoul
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Also, the Silence spell is extremelly useful against Greater Mummies in IWD , who happen to attack you with high level spells.
    AerakarsemiticgoddesslolienRaduziel
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    Firkraag mentions something like that as well
    Wise_GrimwaldBalrog99lolienThacoBell
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Charname: "How many dragons are watching my progress with great interest anyhow?!"
    OlvynChuruBalrog99ArtonaThacoBell
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    DJKajuru said:

The Spectral Guards of Icewind Dale: Trials of the Luremaster are known for being challenging opponents. And there are good reasons for that. Did you know that every single Spectral Guard in Trials of the Luremaster wields a Long Sword of Action +4, the best long sword in the game?

My trick for killing them was having my sorcerer cast fireshield blue and red, pfmw and stoneskin,then attract lots of them at once. They ended up almost killing themselves.
    IIRC, I made them explode using my Spirit Redeemer's TU plus Invisibility.
    Myrag said:

Namarra from The Graveyard District Crypt King has 3 charges per day of Silence 15 yards which unlike cleric spell is party friendly. WIth greater malison enemies save at -9 penalty meaning you can use it pretty much even in late TOB. Weapon doesn't have to be in active slot either, just have in in one of weapon slots. Fantastic weapon against clerics/druids or spirit trolls.

When I play as a Wizard Slayer (with or without my version of the kit), I usually keep this sword with me all times exactly because of that.
    Wise_GrimwaldAerakar