Skip to content

The topic for unhappiness/vent your sorrow

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    mlnevese wrote: »
    Me, my wife and the kids are being tested tomorrow. Considering I work in direct contact with the public it's a real possibility we have COVID. We all have symptoms that could be a flu or COVID including pain and exhaustion.

Damn, that sucks! Good luck my friend...
    ArviaJuliusBorisovÆmrysmlnevese
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited August 2020
    Just back from the lab. The kids were surprisingly quiet for the exam. I will receive the results Thursday. I still think it's just good old flu + allergies acting up.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    Balrog99ÆmrysJuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Kinda bummed because I got scolded for a post I made online on a post asking for advice. A different person (not the one who asked for advice) complained that I was talking about myself.

The original poster asked for people to tell us their personal experiences with the problem. Half the responders talked about their own experiences with it, just like me, but I was the only one who got criticized for it. I'm pretty sure it's because I was the only responder who mentioned I was trans--it was the only difference between my post and the rest of them.

I worked really hard writing that post. I wanted to help the OP; he seemed like a nice guy who was trying to help someone he cared about and I wanted to support him.

It's just a bunch of little things. I see someone post a list of arguments against being LGBT and demanding a justification for my existence and I can't stop my brain from writing up a list of counterarguments even though I know the person is just a troll who wants to irritate people. Individually, they're minor annoyances, but they happen constantly. It's a near-daily reminder that I'm outnumbered 99 to 1.

It just gets exhausting. I wish my gender wasn't a big political controversy.
    SkatanThacoBellArviaStummvonBordwehr
    semiticgod wrote: »
    Kinda bummed because I got scolded for a post I made online on a post asking for advice. A different person (not the one who asked for advice) complained that I was talking about myself.

The original poster asked for people to tell us their personal experiences with the problem. Half the responders talked about their own experiences with it, just like me, but I was the only one who got criticized for it. I'm pretty sure it's because I was the only responder who mentioned I was trans--it was the only difference between my post and the rest of them.

I worked really hard writing that post. I wanted to help the OP; he seemed like a nice guy who was trying to help someone he cared about and I wanted to support him.

It's just a bunch of little things. I see someone post a list of arguments against being LGBT and demanding a justification for my existence and I can't stop my brain from writing up a list of counterarguments even though I know the person is just a troll who wants to irritate people. Individually, they're minor annoyances, but they happen constantly. It's a near-daily reminder that I'm outnumbered 99 to 1.

It just gets exhausting. I wish my gender wasn't a big political controversy.

Just out of curiosity, why did you mention your gender? When dealing with cyber-space I find that the less information you reveal about yourself the better. Unless there's a specific reason it might be relevant, I never mention my age, race, socio-economic status, nationality, gender or religion. People on this forum probably know quite a few of those details about me by now, but this forum is a safe niche to frequent...
    mlnevese
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    t6ailydfmctm.png

The moment when you realize that next gen console games will be costing outrageous €80 (= US$ 94.60). :cold_sweat:
    Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope~
    ThacoBell
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    So where to begin...
    4htye9pevsfk.jpg

Say high to my pops car it is completely totalled, so while it was sitting in my aunties yard, some guy from what I was hearing drove off the highway, over a parking lot, and into his car full speed, totalling it. This was August 8th.... The same month the cares act ended for my state...

The same month which just so happen to also be the month mom went back into the hospital due to high blood sugar... The same month the semester began and money had to get scrapped together just for that... Still don't effing get how I'm paying the literal same amount amount even though we had to switch to only and I'm using none of the college facilities...

The same month rent was missed for the first time throughout this whole over freaking extended lockdown and I have to have two months worth of rent paid by today or I'm evicted.

Also, the joys of waking up at 4am wondering why you're on the ground, just to get up and reinflate you air bed, just to wake up again and question why you're on the ground again... Then grow really tired of life when you realize theirs a hole out of nowhere....ON THE TOPSIDE OF THE THING! Like seriously do I become wolverine when I sleep or something.

Of the past 30 years of my life is a example of what my future is going to be like, I don't think I can keep doing this for another 30 years. I don't know how pops made it to 60
    Balrog99JuliusBorisovArvia
    What's worse...
    Tossing and turning at one in the morning trying to sleep but can't.

Feeling like you're alone at the end of the day. You look in every direction but there's no one standing next to you.

Neither, what's worse is is being awake at one in the morning trying to sleep, trying to silence the voices in your head that keep re-affirming that feeling that you are alone. So you turn to your phone and start looking at your contacts hoping for a voice or a escape needed to crush this feeling.

But who do you reach out to?

Your brother? No he has his own problems... There's no point in being a burden on him.

Mother/Father? They worry enough as it is... I can't add to it, i won't add more to it.

Your ex? Yeah, and a duck will lay a golden egg. She already knows how you are and how you can get sometimes. She hasn't carried to reach out to see how you are once since breaking up, no point in pretending she would care now.

Random names and numbers, some you haven't shared a word with in months, others in literal years?

Can't escape it while awake and can't even run away into my dreams.
    DragonKing wrote: »
    What's worse...
    Tossing and turning at one in the morning trying to sleep but can't.

Feeling like you're alone at the end of the day. You look in every direction but there's no one standing next to you.

Neither, what's worse is is being awake at one in the morning trying to sleep, trying to silence the voices in your head that keep re-affirming that feeling that you are alone. So you turn to your phone and start looking at your contacts hoping for a voice or a escape needed to crush this feeling.

But who do you reach out to?

Your brother? No he has his own problems... There's no point in being a burden on him.

Mother/Father? They worry enough as it is... I can't add to it, i won't add more to it.

Your ex? Yeah, and a duck will lay a golden egg. She already knows how you are and how you can get sometimes. She hasn't carried to reach out to see how you are once since breaking up, no point in pretending she would care now.

Random names and numbers, some you haven't shared a word with in months, others in literal years?

Can't escape it while awake and can't even run away into my dreams.

Yourself dude. Nobody cares about your fate as much as you do. What do you want out of life? What's preventing you from achieving it? Is it you, somebody else, or are you pursuing something that's not within your skill set and banging your head against the wall with no hope of success? Only you can answer those questions...
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Joining the ranks of people needing to get tested. Hit me suddenly and pretty hard. Guess I'm going nowhere for awhile.

If you DO end up positive, watch carefully for symptoms. If symptoms persist for a week and a half, be prepared for an emergency. Its about the 2 week mark of symptoms where things get bad on average. Ask your doctor for a rescue inhaler, even if you don't have asthma, it helps. Taking it twice a day can reduce symptoms of breathing difficulty.

Odds are, even if you test positive, you won't have to worry about worst case scenario. Might not even ever have symptoms.
    Balrog99
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Been dealing with a lot of depression and sleeplessness recently. My medication is only working so/so and I'm not really sure how to get things to improve.
    Balrog99StummvonBordwehrArviamlnevese
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Been dealing with a lot of depression and sleeplessness recently. My medication is only working so/so and I'm not really sure how to get things to improve.

Sign o' the times bro'. My sleep has been chaotic at best since April. I'm not prone to depression myself, normally, but this hasn't been a normal year. Been struggling myself off and on. Hang in there, you're not alone...
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBellArviamlnevese
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Just got the phonecall from my mom 2 hours ago... Her liver is failing and a transplant will cost 400,000 usd.

I have very little light left in this world and now the brightest of it is starting the flicker.

So sorry to hear that @DragonKing .
    Can you go see her or is traveling restricted?
    mlneveseJuliusBorisovHalfOrcBeastmaster
    Arvia wrote: »
    Just got the phonecall from my mom 2 hours ago... Her liver is failing and a transplant will cost 400,000 usd.

I have very little light left in this world and now the brightest of it is starting the flicker.

So sorry to hear that @DragonKing .
    Can you go see her or is traveling restricted?

No, I was planning before I found out about this not to go home this thanks giving to save money and go home for Christmas, but I don't know what I'm going to do now, I can't just go home.
    Arvia