Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase IV

Comments

• OtakuOtaku Member Posts: 42
    Dee said:

Luke93 said:

Dee said:

Zymran86 said:

@PhillipDaigle what are your team up to? why the silence?

The weekend, mainly. Don't worry, we're still very much active between Monday and Friday. :)
    What is approximately the status of the patch?
    We have six things left to fix and test. One of them is a bit of a nightmare to track down, and it affects multiplayer, but the others should be done relatively quickly.

The quick loot bar is in and working, so for those of you waiting on that, it's coming. We're almost there now.

The work hasn't stopped on BGIIEE either, by the way. A lot of what you see in BGEE right now will directly improve the second game.</blockquote

OMG YES ...... i can smell the patch. make me happy my heroes :-D
    EffinydreamtravelerAdulJuliusBorisov
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    so how long will it take for the patch to hit steam platform ?
    elminster
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Flashburn said:

Dee said:

We have six things left to fix and test. One of them is a bit of a nightmare to track down, and it affects multiplayer, but the others should be done relatively quickly.

That sounds like a job for the Order of the Errow!
    I'm also up for it.
    CrevsDaakkaguana[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    elminster said:

Flashburn said:

Dee said:

That sounds like a job for the Order of the Errow!
    I'm also up for it.
    Me too. *puts on dark glasses* let the crashes begin! (joke, joke).
    elminster[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Hmmm... Not finding much wrong with this beta, multiplayer aside. Still plugging away at the completist playthrough. Most of the southern maps cleared of quests. All good, apart from the Lightening Bolt spell appears to be broken. Instead of going through enemies and bouncing of walls, it now bounces off bodies... Causing extra mayhem, although I do not think it is intentional, or how it should be implemented. :)
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Anduin I am not getting the lightning bug. For me lightning goes through people normally. The only exception appears to be Gorion's lightning.
    elminster
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Tresset (or any other kid wonder) any ideas how I can record this bug? Pictures don't show what is going on... Maybe have to film it from my phone...
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    @Anduin‌ I use Open Broadcaster Software to grab in-game clips.
    Can be picked up from obsproject.com and took me a while to work out how to get it to focus on the game window but simple after that was done.
    AnduinCrevsDaak
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    Anduin said:

As you can see, upon activating the wand... A blast of electricity is sent straight through Imoen, to kill innocent bears in the woods beyond...

Next up Jaheria...

As you can see in the aftershock sprites surrounding Jaheria, she has been hit by a bolt of electricity, yet it has rebounded back at the caster (killing Neera!)

Obviously Jaheira had the good sense to wear some rubber boots whilst adventuring, whereas Imoen did not...
    jackjackAnduinelminster
  • SorrowSeerSorrowSeer Member Posts: 144
    Hi.
    Any dates for v1.3 release?
  • EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378
    It seems to me that counter is broken this time, because I sent my vote several weeks ago and it still had not been counted. :-(
    JuliusBorisov
  • BeridelBeridel Member Posts: 35
    Troodon80 said:

Regardless of the number of yes votes, they need to fix the issues reported during this phase—otherwise the community will see it as a 'half-baked' patch that introduces more bugs.

I completely agree with what you're saying (yes, I did only select a portion of what you said). However, for this part:
    Troodon80 said:

I'm guessing that while they fix the issues reported during this phase, there is little point in them counting yes votes.

I do not agree. Unless you keep up to date with the 11 pages of this thread, there is no way to know on the OP what is happening. So I agree it's not useful to count yes votes, but you shouldn't leave an out-of-date yes-vote count as the only information on your OP. The only information that can currently be gleamed from the OP:
    1) there's a counter towards progress! :)
    2) it hasn't been updated for nearly a week... :(

What would be more useful is an edited OP that states "Progress counter removed as we've found bugs that must be squashed! More news coming soon."

After this post, I promise to go back to my hole and only check the OP once every few days to see if anything has changed like I did before.
    AdulkaguanaFaydark
  • dj2014dj2014 Member Posts: 1
    Has the Harpers Call bug been fixed ie the one that causes hit points to become negative (and characters to die again) when trying to resurrect?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2014
    dj2014 said:

Has the Harpers Call bug been fixed ie the one that causes hit points to become negative (and characters to die again) when trying to resurrect?

It has been fixed but this thread is for the patch for BGEE. The patch for BG2EE is coming later than this one.
    Post edited by elminster on
    AdulCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • AshielAshiel Member Posts: 254
    Dee said:

- Profsmax.2da "FIRST_LEVEL" value can now be set higher than 2 to let characters place more pips in a proficiency type at level 1
    - Clswpbon.2da "GETS_PROF_APR" value can now be set to 1 to allow non-warrior classes and kits to benefit from APR bonuses
    - Non-party characters now receive proper bonuses and penalties for their weapon proficiencies (or lack thereof)

HUZZAH! (^.^)
    CrevsDaakSethDavis
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited July 2014
    Chow said:

Dee said:

No, this behavior is intended; it keeps you from being mauled to death by bears when you're reorganizing your inventory or reading spell descriptions.

Well, if I think there are bears around, then I can just pause the game before reorganizing the inventory.

The lovely thing about the way Icewind Dale handled this is that it can go both ways. Baldur's Gate 1 forced the pause off, while Baldur's Gate 2 and Enhanced Edition force it on, but I would rather have the sweet middleground where I, as the player, would be the one to decide, without the game enforcing its own way over me.

Also, the message menu getting swarmed with "PAUSED" "UNPAUSED" "PAUSED" "UNPAUSED" is really irritating.
    @Chow
    Not sure if someone's mentioned this already, but you can achieve this behaviour by playing the game in multiplayer mode. Entering the inventory screen has no effect on the pause/un-paused state of the game. Just found this out by accident.

Edit: and then I realized that some of the other foibles of multiplayer (no quick-load, having to confirm character arbitration every time you load, etc.) make this a pretty unattractive solution.
    jackjackCrevsDaak
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    edited July 2014
    @Dee To much to expect that you team will take look at this again: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/22086/three-different-style-for-the-polish-letter-k-and-only-one-of-them-look-nice#latest

And i don't agree that 1.1 looks ok...

EDIT: Fixed link.
    Post edited by ALIEN on
  • DurandDurand Member Posts: 2
    Just a small bug report. If you get the Madness Most Fowl quest from Kissiq after completing Restoring Melicamp, you're stuck with the quest in your journal.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Durand said:

Just a small bug report. If you get the Madness Most Fowl quest from Kissiq after completing Restoring Melicamp, you're stuck with the quest in your journal.

I don't mean to offend my saying this... But that issue is know from ages ago.
    AstroBryGuyjackjackkaguana
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    LiamEsler said:

We tried 'it'll come soon!' and nobody liked it much. We can't really win in that respect, so we choose to be more open - given that time spent updating everything here (you'd be surprised at how much time it takes) is time not spent working on the game.

Still, I'd say it's a job not less important. There is a reason why companies have customer service department.