Skip to content

Baldur's Gate meets Heroes of Might and Magic 3

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited December 2017 in Fan Creations
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on
BelgarathMTHbooinyoureyesLordRumfishAedanelminsterTressetbob_vengNonnahswritermlneveseNihilusJuliusBorisovTomarctusTuthlolienNimranAnduinCrevsDaakaerefrygtSarvWithinAmnesiaTEMNOZORANKerozevokKidCarnivalRideratArdanisZaferickSpudulationDanitheangeldevilGoturalShYarivNoobaccaYgramulMirandelThacoBellPokotaTimbo0o0o0ShikaoRavenslightalannahsmithStummvonBordwehrAKrugBierArctodus[Deleted User]

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2014
    elminsterTuthlolien
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Shandyr said:

@meagloth‌

Thank you.

Do you recognize some areas of Baldur's Gate 1 in those pictures?

If you do, that means I did a decent job ;)

I certainly do. The first one is clearly the lighthouse area. I'm a bit unsure about the other one but I think it's the area with the gnolls and the dead cat in the waterfall on the way to the gnoll stronghold.
    [Deleted User]elminsterlolienCrevsDaak
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Judging by the placement of the gnoll fortress and the lighthouse, I'm guessing that town in the second picture is Nashkel?

I'd love to download this and play it when you're done, although I'll have to review how to install custom maps in Homm3. I used to do it all the time with Homm1 and Homm2, so I imagine it's not that hard.

What is your basic scenario concept? Are you making it as multi-scenario campaign, or as a single map scenario?

Will you start out with Charname as your main hero, with loss of Charname as a lose condition? I can imagine the win condition being for Charname to conquer and hold all the towns like Candlekeep, Friendly Arms Inn, Beregost, Nashkel, Baldur's Gate, and the Gnoll Stronghold. Of course, if you program the human towns as enemies, they'll be trying to attack and conquer Candlekeep, assuming that's where Charname starts, so that would be like the whole Sword Coast is having a civil war.

I can imagine lots of opportunities to have recruitable heroes that mimic the NPC's - Imoen, Jaheira, and Minsc could be running around with their own armies.

Maybe the win condition could be for Charname to defeat Sarevok, but that would mean that Sarevok would build an army in Baldur's Gate, and Charname would have to attack the city, wouldn't it? Or maybe you could program Sarevok in a closed-off area near Baldur's Gate with his presumably huge army already built, as a single enemy hero with no town.

I guess you could put blocks such as key tents around to control events, such that the gnolls in the gnoll stronghold wouldn't be able to move out of their area to attack the human towns until the player unlocked the key tent.

You could create monster castles to conquer using Bassilus in a necropolis, and Mutamin in a witches' castle (I think it was witches - what was the swamp castle that had basilisks as one of its monsters?) Of course, if you do that, Charname could wind up leading an army of hydras and ghost dragons against Sarevok, which would be kind of funny, unless you restrict monster types in those castles.

Either water elementals or medusas works for the sirens, but if you use medusas, you could maybe create a warlock's castle (I think it was called "dungeon"?) to conquer that resembles the cave with the book of constitution (which you could win there, using some similar magic item available in the Homm3 program.)

I'd be interested in hearing some more details about your concept for how it will play. I'm having a lot of fun just brainstorming about it.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovlolienCrevsDaak
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    awesome! love the gnoll fortress

how about some wild zombies in the northeast????
    [Deleted User]BelgarathMTHCrevsDaak
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    booinyoureyeslolien
    edited November 2014
    booinyoureyeslolienBelgarathMTH
    booinyoureyeslolien
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Ice Elemental, perhaps? Just to have different creatures.
    By the way, I would kiss a water elemental - they are drawn so well I could not resist :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Hmm sirens... Lets see... They shoot bows and kiss at melee... not many spell casting creatures in H3 so I would say medusae would fit fairly well actually.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovlolienBelgarathMTH
    edited November 2014
    lolien
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited November 2014
    The first image looks like Beregost. I like they way you drew it :) You even put the halfling messanger's body!
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Shandyr said:

@Aedan‌

You would kiss that? :O

@Shandyr that's what illusion magic was created for, isn't it?
    NihilusAedanlolien
    edited November 2014
    lolienCrevsDaak
    lolien
    edited November 2014
    JuliusBorisovlolienBelgarathMTH
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited November 2014
    Wonderful ideas, @Shandyr‌

Your sketch is very fine. I would suggest trying the Mandate of Heaven map for HOMM3 (http://heroesportal.net/maps.php?type=H4-XL&lang=english&pagenum=4) - you can see how different RPG situations from M&M6 are dealt in that map. I personally like it very much. You can also check that map on the subject of how many mines and other objects should be on a map based on the RPG, how many monsters and so on.

I hope you've played M&M6 :) - if not, you should definitely try

@BelgarathMTH‌ Installing custom maps in HOMM3 is very simple, you just unpack your map into the maps folder of your game.
    [Deleted User]AedanlolienBelgarathMTH