Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Vasculio said:

I imported my character from the end of BG1 into the Black Pits (RPing that the party was sucked into the Pits directly from the battle with Sarevok - which I used to explain the fact that BG1 ends so abruptly while there are still enemies remaining).

Can anyone confirm whether I would be able to import my party, or at least my charname, from the BPs into Adventure Y?

You know that Baeloth is in BG1EE Main Campaign! Right? So the party from the Black Pits is another group of adventurers
    He was added to the main game sometime after its initial release as an Easter egg. The game initially didn't give any timeline between the events in the main game and BP1. I never encountered Baeloth during the playthrough that I'm referring to, and since BP1 doesn't give any dates for its own events, there weren't any continuity issues for me.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,733
    I think that just as we can freely import any character file from BG:EE, either it is from the main game or from the Black Pits, we'll be able to import our characters from the Black Pits to the Adventure Y.
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 960
    edited May 2015
    I GOT IT GUYS! THE TOO MUCH XP PROBLEMS!

SPAM VAMPIRES AND SPELL CASTERS WITH LEVEL DRAIN!!!

One could say that it will be a *Shades* Minor Set Back.. *Yeaaaaah!*
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    Grum said:

Underground...underground...dwarves! Dwarven defender NPC!

I can dream, can't I? Besides if there is a narrow tunnel or two to put a dwarven defender in, well, that would just be epic.

I like the idea of a Dwarven Defender NPC, though I'd rather they be duergar and not regular dwarves. That way, we'd have an NPC to represent a relatively new class and since there are 2 drow NPCs in BG1 and 1 drow in BG2, I think it's appropriate that a duergar's added.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Or a Svirfi, though either would have to be a gal.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Curses! Where have I seen that carpet before!
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137

LEVEL DRAIN!!!

More like a *Devil Shades* minor setback.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    wubble said:

Anduin said:

Curses! Where have I seen that carpet before!

Could a beamdog employee please take a picture of the office carpet and post it here?
    Someone could...or you could tune in to watch the next office D&D game to see if you can see anything. Which as far as I know is next friday at 2pm MST :D

Recaps

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/38861/orc-hordes-of-the-kings-forest-recap-thread/p1

Twitch channel

http://www.twitch.tv/beamdog/profile
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

I GOT IT GUYS! THE TOO MUCH XP PROBLEMS!

SPAM VAMPIRES AND SPELL CASTERS WITH LEVEL DRAIN!!!

I vote we make puns punishable by banishment :)
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 960
    edited May 2015
    *Que altered quote from Baldur's Gate II to fit into forum topic in hopes of it being funny for lots of Likes, Agrees and Insightfuls*
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

*Que altered quote from Baldur's Gate II to fit into forum topic in hopes of it being funny for lots of Likes, Agrees and Insightfuls*

You know someone is looking at this thread right now and seeing 15 new posts and going "wow! So many new posts, must be a new screenshot" and then disappointment.

However it got me thinking that wouldn't it be cool to play a prequel of Baldur's Gate 2 as a member of the shadow thieves either dealing with the threat of a new guild or being persuaded to join it.

Or playing as a knight of the order asked to investigate the war gripping the city.
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    I only think, 'I must finish my first bgee playtrough fast' every time I login.

My cn c/t gnome can't wait to see the new clubs to backstab everyone to the nine hells.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.