Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• spacehamzterspacehamzter Member Posts: 77
    cant wait
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,745
    edited October 2015

wojtek said:

philip daigle in his tweet :
    "dragonspear is hitting important goal tomorrow. The next time you see this game you will be blown away."

It's tomorrow and now I want to be blown away. :(
    [spoiler=be careful what you wish for]

[/spoiler]
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    wubble said:

Titbit is definitely fine in the UK, we like words with something naughty in them.

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    bengoshi said:

wojtek said:

"dragonspear is hitting important goal tomorrow. The next time you see this game you will be blown away."

It's tomorrow and now I want to be blown away. :(
    [spoiler=be careful what you wish for]

[/spoiler]
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Somebody save the little duckies!
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    edited October 2015
    bengoshi said:

Well, if a full playthrough is possible, the release is not far away:)
    not far away :) september 2014 nice :)

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    wojtek said:

I am guessing it is going to be a new trailer in line with pre orders. He said "see" and not "play" so they are probably going to show off some new art work and sparkly graphics while asking for our money.

So I am guessing pre orders will start next week after Canadian Eat-a-turkey day.
    hey it's today, why are we not blown away ?
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    So is that soon any sooner? :D
    Vasculio said:

Classic Baldur's Gate Stone is coming back!

oh i would like that, classic but refreshed, not some blue one as in bgee

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,745

So, the "release schedules" are there! Danny O'Dwyer is from GameSpot.com
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    They have internal deadlines, that shouldn't be a secret.
    With those deadlines, a estimated release schedule would have been formed. It just hasn't been released publicly in case of unseen delays.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    bengoshi said:

So, the "release schedules" are there! Danny O'Dwyer is from GameSpot.com
    Here's the episode of The Point @Dee is referencing:

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-point-buggy-rushed-games-and-annualized-franch/2300-6427554/
    i really count that all this take so long because they working on a localizations :)
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    mlnevese said:

And they shouldn't... everyone who is old enough in this forum remembers the storm when BGEE was delayed... They should announce a date only when they are sure it's ready.

If I remember correctly, the "storm" had less to do with the need for a delay and more to do with said delay being announced the day before launch.
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    mlnevese said:

deltago said:

They have internal deadlines, that shouldn't be a secret.
    With those deadlines, a estimated release schedule would have been formed. It just hasn't been released publicly in case of unseen delays.

And they shouldn't... everyone who is old enough in this forum remembers the storm when BGEE was delayed... They should announce a date only when they are sure it's ready.
    The storm about buggy release lasted way longer and made much more people mad. Delaying release is always a better choice, even if it is a announced release.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Will there be new spells? Will it change leveling speed?
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Probably and no.
    brus said:

Will there be new spells? Will it change leveling speed?

There will be new spells in SoD. http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/650178/#Comment_650178

As for the leveling speed, it's safe to say it won't be changed.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    From what I could say, leveling speed in SoD alone *may* be slower - since the cap is raised a bit and we'll have to fight to hit it, it makes me wonder how the XP gains will work - perhaps less battle-focused, more dialogue and diplomacy focused, which I would enjoy a great deal.

Unless of course if @brus is asking about the base-game BGEE - in which case I think most if not all content will be unchanged.

I am however very eager to hear more about the UI. Deep inside I wish for a modular, editable UI Neverwinter Nights-style - though that would seem like quite a hard feat to accomplish on its own.

It's just about waiting patiently and not getting angry. We can still play BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE fully - several times. And if you're still bored, go beat me I wanna be the Boshy. Return once you're successful!
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    I would like faster leveling speed because I got used to recent RPG games which have much faster leveling speed so I asked. Do we know how many new spells will there be?
    Will new spells be integrated in EE games?
    Do you know Mass effect 1 and Nevewinter nights 2 spell toolbar ? It can be brought up with a single key.
    I would like that also.