Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262

In the Infinity Engine games, if a store already has one of something you're trying to sell to it, you can't sell that item for as much. However, in Planescape Torment the copper, silver and gold rings are exceptions to this rule. You can sell them at full price even if the store already has some of them.

Hmm... In the BG games at least, the sell value depreciation only affects weapons, armor, and miscellaneous items to my knowledge... (There may be a few other item classes that I have missed. I am too tired to look it up right now.)
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited December 2015
    Here's a pretty obscure one:

Did you know that in Smite (a third-person action MOBA with mythological gods), there's an announcer pack (voice announcing kills etc) from Inuki, that has a couple BG2 quotes?

http://smite.gamepedia.com/Inuki_Announcer_pack

Check the "Unstoppable (X7)" lines and "Godlike (x13)" lines near the end.
    GallowglassJuliusBorisovCrevsDaakProont
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @OlvynChuru: In a no-reload 2-character IWD run, I actually exploited the hell out of this to give my Duergar and Deep Gnome access to all the items they could want. They ended up with 100- resistance to slashing, piercing, and crushing damage, among many other things.
    Montresor_SPProont
  • TuthTuth Member Posts: 233

Here's something I've known about for a very long time, but I have no idea whether or not it's common knowledge.

It's actually possible to duplicate items without using the console, a save editor or a modding program. First you have to export a character with the item you want to duplicate. Create a multiplayer game with six of the character you exported. Each character should have the item. One character should be given each copy of the item that the party has. Then, you export that character and repeat the process as much as you want. One thing you can do with this is get all the tomes multiple times and raise all your stats to 25. In Icewind Dale 2, I used this trick with the How to Be an Adventurer tome so that I could have level 30 characters.

In the original Baldur's Gate you could use the glitch called "potion duping", where you can go to 0 stacks (just like Marek's antidote), or even beyond that:

"Open the inventory and drink any potion (not the one you want to dupe). Then drink the potion you want to dupe and pick it up so that it floats. After a few seconds the stack count of the floating potion is reduced. Then quickly drop the floating potion in the inventory, drink it and pick it up again. The stack count will wrap around to 65535. You can also put the potion into the inventory of another party member instead of keeping it floating in the inventory, with the same effect."

Here's also the explanation on how to use it in different IE games: http://infinityenginespeedruns.wikia.com/wiki/Inventory_Stack_Underflow

And here are speedruns, which incorporate this glitch and a few more:
    http://speeddemosarchive.com/BaldursGate.html
    http://speeddemosarchive.com/BaldursGateTotSC.html

I really enjoyed watching those. It's amazing how much of the game can be skipped.
    semiticgoddess
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @bengoshi - another location some of you guys in your MP didn't know about?? I was already pretty surprised to hear that some of you didn't already know about the one you mentioned before ... blimey, there was I thinking that you guys were experienced players! :astonished:
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaakProont
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Gallowglass We haven't played BG enough, this is why we're on this run :)

To tell the truth, some of us know more about A things, while others know more about B and C things. Several people are always better than one.
    GallowglassCrevsDaakProont
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Spell protections (deflection/turning/trap) and spell failure can both prevent healing during resting. It's possible to end up resting for three days because an injured character had Minor Spell Turning active before you rested.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaakProont
    bengoshi said:

Several people are always better than one.

Well, I guess ... provided that it's a pre-selected team in a closed game.

The thing I really don't like about public, open multi-player (obviously I'm talking about other games here, not BG) is that there's always some dickhead who butts in and messes it up for everyone else.
    CrevsDaakProont
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    elminster said:

There is a body in a bathtub in the Baldur's Gate sewers. No word yet on how this came about.

What, how the body ended up in the bathtub?

Or how a bathtub ended up in the sewer?
    semiticgoddessCrevsDaakProont
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I'm guessing it has something to do with the Undercellar. Its the only explanation I can think of for how a bathtub could get down there. :)
    CrevsDaakProont
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2015

Did you know that there is this monument in central Baldur's Gate that if clicked on informs you that the marketplace is east of where you are (not that there is much of one for you to use). I'd never even noticed it before (mostly because I never have any reason to go near it).
    Post edited by elminster on
    JuliusBorisovatcDaveCrevsDaakProont
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    deltago said:

elminster said:

There is a body in a bathtub in the Baldur's Gate sewers. No word yet on how this came about.

What, how the body ended up in the bathtub?

Or how a bathtub ended up in the sewer?
    An unsuccessful attempt to introduce a new sport called "sewer surfing"? You climb into a bathtub, wait for someone to flush the toilet and see how fast you can go - apparently this participant forgot to ensure that the plug was in place.
    Montresor_SPButtercheeseCrevsDaakProont
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    DJKajuru said:

Did you know that Alorgoth, Rasaad's infamous nemesis, was already part of FR Lore ? He is mentioned in the Official 3E Forgotten Realms Book.

That why you (spoiler) can't kill him in the end
    Montresor_SPBladeDancerCrevsDaakProont
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited December 2015

I think the whole thing about there being a dead body in a bathtub might be a reference to Jean-Paul Marat, that guy who was assassinated in his bathtub.

How insightful, @OlvynChuru !
    semiticgoddessProont

I think the whole thing about there being a dead body in a bathtub might be a reference to Jean-Paul Marat, that guy who was assassinated in his bathtub.

I don't see why Marat in particular. People quite commonly die in bathtubs, occasionally by murder but much more often by accidental drowning.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146

I don't see why Marat in particular. People quite commonly die in bathtubs, occasionally by murder but much more often by accidental drowning.
    From Agamemnon to Whitney Houston...
    meaglothCrevsDaakProont
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    In the first fight in the mage island where you face three powerful mages, one of them is named @marcellus and another one is named @Andris
    elminsterMontresor_SPJuliusBorisovProont