Skip to content

Unpopular opinions

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264

Noo, I can't respond to Iroumen, because my opinion would be too popular for this thread. :c

Same here, but I am going to say it anyway.
    lroumen said:

Even if they are supposedly bad, the books are still canon and it is good to know your canon.

Are they? Are they really? If that is the shoreline mages' official take on things then, to put it simply, they are wrong. What reason would those things have for being canon? BG the GAME came FIRST and was the original creation! The books were based on the game, not the other way around! Is it because they are written on paper instead of computer chips and that makes them more important? Rubbish! Besides there is a trump card, and it belongs to Beamdog! Beamdog can now change the canon of the game itself (by, say, adding a whole new chapter to the game :wink: ) and that ought to beat out some dopey old books. Disagree as you will shoreline mages... I don't care about a thing you say since 4e happened. You are not important in my eyes.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    @skatan
    Similiar things can be said about world of warcraft and fun, but people still play it.

@grum, yea heresy is made out of rich milk chocolate, and melts in the mouth, not in the hand lmao.

@Kilivitz Its all for the lolz.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    bengoshi said:

Nihilus said:

I like Chateau Irenicus and don't understand people who don't.

I'm sad BG2EE slightly cut off the battle theme of level 1. The music's starting sequence is gone and it just instantly skips to the "looped" part now.
    Didn't know that. Maybe you should report it as a bug?
    I believe that is a known issue.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @DragonKing Trolling is strictly against the site rules You can't justify violating the site rules by anything.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    @bengoshi
    Ok, ok; I'm sorry. :disappointed::disappointed:
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    @Tresset I don't disagree
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Viconia's BG1 portrait is my favorite portrait out of all the portraits in both BG games.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I don't like strongholds and usually never accept them after doing the quests. I think they add very little to the game and are quite poorly made and implemented.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388

I also dislike the strongholds, turning them down nearly every game. Only the Fighter stronghold feels fleshed out. And the Druid stronghold has how many quests: 2? 3? :/

Two that I can recall. Killing that troll shaman and her lackeys, and then protecting the little boy.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388

This is less an unpopular opinion but a heavily biased one coming from a Blade lover:

Haer'Dalis is the most powerful NPC in Baldur's Gate 2, better than Jan, Keldorn and Aerie. His exclusive bonuses makes him one of the only characters able to compete with a PC blade, he skips the bard's weak early levels, he comes with decent weapons along with armor in his quest line, his spells get powerful real fast due to fast levelling, and he's the closest thing to an NPC fighter/mage.

Haer'Dalis > all.

Well I DO like me some Haer'Dalis. His personal weapons get even better if you've got the Item Upgrade mod installed.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2016
    Drizzt should leave after chapter 4. Especially if the gnolls are dead. The bandit situation he references has long since been addressed (a chapter earlier) and there really isn't any reason for him to not continue on his journey to Icewind Dale
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2016
    The final boss at the end of ToB should have been either Noober or Neeber (or perhaps even Nüber).
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790

Haer'Dalis is the most powerful NPC in Baldur's Gate 2, better than Jan (...)

Unpopular opinion: I'm not surprised.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Animal Summons are unethical and should not be used by any druid. Instead, they should have human summons.

LOL!!!!