Skip to content

Unpopular opinions

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    ajwz said:

Trolls just don't work in IE, and the best solution is probably to just remove them from the game

I'm curious why you think that @ajwz. Care to elaborate?
    Thanks for that extensive reply @semiticgod. Sure, I've encountered invulnerable trolls, but I never thought much of it. Just take a step back and re-attack and they die. Maybe I'm lucky though.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    edited April 2016
    But with the patch now it's fixed. I don't know in bg2 but in SoD it works fine.

EDIT: i read the release notes and they don't talk about this... so probably i'm wrong
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited April 2016
    Disregard this post. I said something that turned out to be wrong.
    Post edited by BelgarathMTH on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @BelgarathMTH I haven't met Glint yet, but my cleric/thief charname certainly has that button in the special abilities.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49706/cleric-thieves-you-know-what-im-about-to-ask#latest shows it's still the case.
    edited April 2016
    Please disregard this post. I said something that turned out to be wrong.
    Post edited by BelgarathMTH on
    @EnialusMeliamne , you're right, and I feel really stupid now. I don't have experience with cleric-thieves and how they play.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    Completely not my intent, man, and my apologies for the post spurring that feeling on. I deleted the content above.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122

I was wrong.

I thought this was supposed to be an *unpopular* opinions thread? :p

^-- Agreed, @Gotural. Don't like SC thieves, but had no real issues with neither her story nor the buggy part so many people encountered.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    @Abi_Dalzim I agree, they are so many high level mages in both games.

In BG1 there is only one scroll of Stoneskin available (2 with Neera's quest) yet there are dozens of spellcasters who come prebuffed with Stoneskin including Silke who you encounter really early.

Where did they get their scrolls ?!

Some of them can even cast level 6 spells (Khark and the Assassin in the sewers) while the player can't under the xp cap.

In BG2 it's the same thing, nearly every spellcasters have a Chain Contingency right from the start of chapter 2. It's a bit disappointing when you finally face Irenicus only to find he is just "another level 18+ mage" with immunity to poison.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited April 2016
    Gotural said:

Where did they get their scrolls ?!

This is why I don't feel guilty when buying 15 scrolls of Chaos in the Sorcerer's Soundries anymore :)
  • killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    Turn based games are better than real time + pause games.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Final fantasy tactic turn based tactical gameplay is better than baldur's gate turn play.

Hell, shadow run, divinity OS, elemental the war on magic; all of their combat systems I find more intriguing than BG. I always hated how the characters attack was just random sprite animation that didn't work along with the actual then based system.