Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

The Demonknight in BG1 actively wears the helm of opposite alignment, which means he is functionally Lawful Good when charname meets him

Then what kind of atrocities would he commit had he been chaotic evil?

The Ice land shandalar teleports you to has no night time graphic. it's always going to display as sunny regardless of the game hour

What a great vacation spot , huh.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    the ossifier references actual petrification twice. I wonder if beamdog actually intended it to do that instead? perhaps they just thought it was too overpowered at the last minute and changed it to something mundane like barkskin

if I wasn't such a purist I'd probably mod it to have a 5% chance of petrif on hit with a save vs poly of -2 instead. heh
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    if you use a scroll of Spell Immunity, you can (will) be interrupted by damage taken
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428

if you use a scroll of Spell Immunity, you can (will) be interrupted by damage taken

I can see why that would happen, since you need to specify the school you want immunity to, and so that secondary casting is interruptible. I assume the same logic would allow contingency/sequencer spells to be interrupted as well. It's just that nobody ever uses these in the middle of combat.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    DJKajuru said:

Remember the gnoll look-alike creatures known as "Flinds"? Although their animation shows them carrying two handed swords, and that's what they drop should you kill one, they deal crushing damage. Go figure.

Maybe they hit you with the flat part of the sword blades?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I tried using the CTRL-K trick to turn Hexxat into the main character, but it's not very reliable.

If Hexxat is the protagonist and gets to 1 HP, she'll switch to mist form and stay that way permanently. She can't drop below 1 HP and is immune to all instant death effects besides stat drain, so she's nearly impossible to kill in mist form. She can still attack and do everything else normally.

But I've found that she'll automatically die if you add anyone else to party, because she's scripted to die once she reaches Charname, and then come back later on. This means a Hexxat Charname can't be truly immortal unless she's playing solo.

She also died when SCS Pai'Na hit her with Insect Plague, and I have no idea why.

Hexxat would be immensely overpowered as a solo Charname, but there are bugs here and there that seem to kill her spontaneously.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    ARKdeEREH said:

DJKajuru said:

Remember the gnoll look-alike creatures known as "Flinds"? Although their animation shows them carrying two handed swords, and that's what they drop should you kill one, they deal crushing damage. Go figure.

Maybe they're half-swording?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi757-7XD94&t=11s
    ARKdeEREH said:

DJKajuru said:

Vallmyr said:

ARKdeEREH said:

DJKajuru said:

Maybe they're half-swording?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi757-7XD94&t=11s
    Maybe they hit me with their dumb heads.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Maybe the art of sword sharpening is taboo in flind culture?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I always thought their swords looked like batons to be honest.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910

I always thought their swords looked like batons to be honest.

That would actually be pretty cool. And it reminds me: did you know that the huge club some lizard men in Icewind dale are armed with seems to be a japanese kanabō? I'd be more inclined to use clubs if my characters could swing around with one of those unwieldy things.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Check this out! Flinds are kinda like dwarven gnolls and they use nunchucks! Awesome!

Obviously they are supposed to be using their flindbars in the game but they are animated like clubs. Why they carry the swords is anyone's guess...