Skip to content

Sword Coast Stratagems (SCS) threads

AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
edited March 2019 in General Modding

Comments

• brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    this is exactly what I need, great work!
    AlonsoRelSundanJuliusBorisov
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Good initiative! I think a lot of users will find this helpful!
    JuliusBorisovGotural
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovagb1CrevsDaak
  • woowoovoodoowoowoovoodoo Member Posts: 150
    edited January 2017
    The best news since invention of a sliced bread.
    JuliusBorisov
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    @JuliusBorisov Does that mean I should wait to start my first big SCS run ?
    JuliusBorisov
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Any updates on latest version of SCS being released?
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Not that I've heard.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaakbrunardoGynsburghe
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    @DavidW are you still going to update SCS soon?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Etamin said:

@DavidW are you still going to update SCS soon?

reading on the Gibberlings forum David said on the 7th of April that there is no ETA yet for v31.

Etamin
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Hopefully soon.
  • LX1LX1 Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2017
    Hello,

Does somebody can send me a copy of stratagems v30 please? I deleted it by mistake... G3 is down, there's nothing on GitHub... I searched for hours without result...

Thx

https://mediafire.com/file/wy2891myh4upbwi/stratagems-v30.7z

See SHSforums and Giberling3 down discussion
    Post edited by LX1 on
  • ThrawnThrawn Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2017
    When installing scs just stops. no error message just stops and does nothing. I have stopped everything and restarted the install twice. SCS again stops. Both times it is in the middle of the general AI enhancements. I paused BWS tried Manuel install, scs again freezes in the same place (same as when running through BWS for the first and second times respectively).

anyone know how to fix?

Edit to note. the other pieces of scs install fine

Edit 2: attached setup-strategems debug file.
    Post edited by Thrawn on
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Thrawn said:

When installing scs just stops. no error message just stops and does nothing. I have stopped everything and restarted the install twice. SCS again stops. Both times it is in the middle of the general AI enhancements. I paused BWS tried Manuel install, scs again freezes in the same place (same as when running through BWS for the first and second times respectively).

anyone know how to fix?

Edit to note. the other pieces of scs install fine

Edit 2: attached setup-strategems debug file.

Might want to add to the "installation" section:
    SCS with hotfixes included for EE 2.0+

And, of interest to players who also use Spell Revisions:
    kreso's variant SCS for SR

@Thrawn are you using @subtledoctor 's hotfix? Without it you can't go past AI enhancements component.
    Aerakar
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello, modders!

It seems there's something changed in the latest build of BG:EE which makes me unable to install SCS neither through @subtledoctor 's hotfix nor FixPack.

Everything is installing fine till AI enhancements.

Copying and patching 1 file ...
    [./override/SPWI618.spl] loaded, 8394 bytes
    ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 3144762 of 7242-byte file SPWI618.spl

Failure Failure("SPWI618.spl: read out of bounds") in check_standard_function: inputs were func=opcode, arguments=
    [stratagems_external/workspace/sfo_warnings.txt] loaded, 5597 bytes
    Appending to files ...
    [stratagems_external/workspace/sfo_warnings.txt] loaded, 5597 bytes
    Appended text to [stratagems_external/workspace/sfo_warnings.txt]
    ERROR: [SPWI618.spl] -> [override/dw#sw618.spl] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("SPWI618.spl: read out of bounds"))
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/5900/OTHER.5900]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/5900/OTHER.5900")
    [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/5900/UNSETSTR.5900] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 27 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 5900.
    Restoring backed-up [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/5900/stratagems_external.workspace.SFO_warnings.txt]
    stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/5900/stratagems_external.workspace.SFO_warnings.txt copied to stratagems_external/workspace/SFO_warnings.txt, 5564 bytes
    Restoring backed-up [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/5900/stratagems_external.workspace.initialise.tpa]
    stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/5900/stratagems_external.workspace.initialise.tpa copied to stratagems_external/workspace/initialise.tpa, 344 bytes
    Restoring backed-up [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/5900/stratagems_external.workspace.caster_shared.tph]
    stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/5900/stratagems_external.workspace.caster_shared.tph copied to stratagems_external/workspace/caster_shared.tph, 35136 bytes
    Uninstalled 27 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 5900.

Can someone upload a hotfix?
    OrlonKronsteenStummvonBordwehr
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited April 2018
    @subtledoctor Does it contain SCS without SR? I mean, will it be able to provide normal SCS (without SR parts) if I don't have SR?
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    Ok, anyway. I've tried that and it gives the same error (on 2.5.15.1 beta):

@Aasim @subtledoctor

[./override/SPWI618.SPL] loaded, 8394 bytes
    ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 3145914 of 8394-byte file SPWI618.SPL

Failure Failure("SPWI618.SPL: read out of bounds") in check_standard_function: inputs were func=opcode, arguments=
    [stratagems_external/workspace/sfo_warnings.txt] loaded, 941 bytes
    Appending to files ...
    [stratagems_external/workspace/sfo_warnings.txt] loaded, 941 bytes
    Appended text to [stratagems_external/workspace/sfo_warnings.txt]
    ERROR: [SPWI618.SPL] -> [override/SPWI618.SPL] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("SPWI618.SPL: read out of bounds"))

ERROR Installing [Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/5900/OTHER.5900]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/5900/OTHER.5900")
    [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/5900/UNSETSTR.5900] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 8 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 5900.
    Restoring backed-up [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/5900/SFO_warnings.txt]
    stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/5900/SFO_warnings.txt copied to stratagems_external/workspace/SFO_warnings.txt, 908 bytes
    Uninstalled 8 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 5900.
    [./override/ar0125.are] loaded, 9760 bytes
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535

@subtledoctor Does it contain SCS without SR? I mean, will it be able to provide normal SCS (without SR parts) if I don't have SR?

Yes, it should work fine even without SR....
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    SCS has been working fine for me on 2.3 and 2.5.10 (the first beta build). But the new beta build gives this error. I've decided to go forward and post about it, as soon more players (actually, any player who tries to install AI enhancements on 2.5.15.1) will get this error while installing SCS.

Here, I've exported it (it's Spell Deflection). For some reason attaching zip files is not working for me, so here's the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ae9nqrddtbvnaad/SPWI618.zip?dl=0
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited April 2018
    Yep, I confirm: that component [Initialise AI components] refuses to install on v2.5.15.1, whereas it installs fine on iOS v2.4
    JuliusBorisov
    edited April 2018
    Heard back from our team:

"If we are talking about SPWI618.spl then it's only the first effect in each header that was changed, the reason being is that SPWI618B.spl is cast when the spell deflection is exhausted which dispels the parent spell (SPWI618.spl). I cannot comment any further since I don't know exactly what is broken by the mentioned mod. This change btw applies to all other spell deflection, turning, and trap spells"

Tell me what else I should export.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Aedan
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    consider incorporating scs into vanilla as a difficulty level or game mode unto itself. scs is universally popular and it's a superior way to enhance difficulty to all other existing methods.

call it "enhanced ai" "tactical ai" or something like that
    AerakarLucidbroAlonso