Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2018
    If you consider the outside structure of the high hall of the order of the radiant heart, the new mirrored layout is actually wrong and the original designers just made a horrible pathing to the main entrance.
    Post edited by lroumen on
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    The Five Flagon bar area is rendered in a weird angle compared to all the rest. it's nearly sickening
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

Cut content reveals that before Eldoth became the self-centered slimy bard we all know and love, he was originally planned to be captain of the guard of a particular Keep led by an Ogre Mage who could join with you in fighting him.

If you open up NearInfinity and check ELDOTD.CRE's dialogue file you can see the conversation.

Can you post said Conversion?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Psychic Monks!
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853
    Grum said:

Cut content reveals that before Eldoth became the self-centered slimy bard we all know and love, he was originally planned to be captain of the guard of a particular Keep led by an Ogre Mage who could join with you in fighting him.

If you open up NearInfinity and check ELDOTD.CRE's dialogue file you can see the conversation.

Can you post said Conversion?
    And if not the conversion, then please post the conversation. :D
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Spiders are clearly immutable :)
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367

I've had the same portrait on this forum for the past 3 years.

I knew that! Incidentally, so have I...
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    dunbar said:

I've had the same portrait on this forum for the past 3 years.

Mine's been the same for four years now and it's relevance is that it's the traditional symbol for alchemy, signifying that I'm a Brewer by profession.

And to think, I just thought it was a picture taken through a kaleidoscope. Who knew...
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Wise_Grimwald: Cool! What was Nepal like?
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    edited April 2018
    I got a question.
    How do you know which spell is the correct one to edit?
    For example, there are like 4 or 5 versions of charm person in my game. Which one is the right one to edit to add to an innate ability?

Edit:
    Or rather, how would I figure out which one is the right one to use?
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    @semiticgod

Thanks! I have since done some more fooling around. Just using Near Infinity for the first time tonight. Typically I've used DLTCEP for very minor things, but as that hasn't been supported for a while I decided to finally make the switch. And wow, NI is so much easier. Though I'm not a big fan of JAVA, I'm kicking myself for not switching over early. (There's a few programs at work that use JAVA and it tends to be clunky and unwieldy in these particular applications.)

I notice by reading the symbolic name that some of these spells are for beholders and succubus. I expect these spells wouldn't work as well if assigned to Charname? And what is the symbolic name supposed to be?

As for charm person or mammal, there is an already existing innate one that I believe is used by one of the class kits already. It was easy enough just to follow your wonderfully illustrative instructions and copy one of those for assignment to Charname.

For a spell that shows up in both priest and wizard spellbooks, is there a specific difference to be considered when assigning those to an innate ability other than its location and type?