Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    mlnevese said:

@Montresor_SP @Balrog99 when I exterminate all life on Earth I'll make sure you go fast and painlessly. :)

What about our kids? Will you at least send them a bit of praise before the extermination?
    mlneveseThacoBell
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Balrog99 I'll make them honorary Martians!
    ThacoBellBalrog99
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Balrog99 said:

Hmmm, not sure I'm very good at this. How 'bout a cookie instead?

But... That is a cupcake.
    ProontContemplative_HamstermlneveseThacoBell
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @semiticgod If not a friend what about a lover?

@mlnevese

Your children should start their own religion. As deities.

I can even make a kit for them and add it to DoF.
    mlnevesesemiticgoddessThacoBellBalrog99
    Dev6 said:

Balrog99 said:

Hmmm, not sure I'm very good at this. How 'bout a cookie instead?

But... That is a cupcake.
    I told you I was bad at this!
    ;)
    mlneveseThacoBellDev6
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Truth be told, I haven't played an Infinity Engine game for two months. I've done nothing but modding.
    mlneveseThacoBellRaduzielProont
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I'm waiting for patches to be released before starting a fresh run. So I'm here in between wrangling a spider child.
    StummvonBordwehrmlnevese
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

Truth be told, I haven't played an Infinity Engine game for two months. I've done nothing but modding.

Know the feeling, bro. And I'm having some issues that I am not able to play at all (a video-lag and the incompatibility between BGEE and SoD).
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    ThacoBell said:

So I'm here in between wrangling a spider child.

Can he swing from a web? :tongue:
    ThacoBellmlneveseMontresor_SP
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Dev6 said:

ThacoBell said:

So I'm here in between wrangling a spider child.

Can he swing from a web? :tongue:
    I'm trying not to let him learn of the possibility.
    Dev6mlneveseProontMontresor_SP
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848

In the non-enhanced Icewind Dale 1 with Heart of Winter installed, if you fight Malavon on hard or very hard mode, you also fight Malavon's "apprentice" Illair. However, Illair does not appear in Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, regardless of the difficulty.

A shame that.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Did you know that Durlag's Tower is not a tower per se, but a whole Castle?

'Bet you didn't.

ThacoBellDev6Proontlolien
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    I thought nobody in the game was immune to thief traps. Is it just the one guy in the whole trilogy?

I think the issue is that he's immune to missile damage, the damage type used by thief traps. That's not unique, however. Actually, off the top of my head, that also applies to Battle Horrors, Clay Golems, and the Bronze Sentry at the Dwarven digsite in SOD. In general, I suspect that entire class of monster that are animated suits of armor are immune to missile damage, so add Doomguards and similar to the list as well. Kozah's guardian seems like it's that same type of monster, although I've never fought him. I forget whether or not it applies to Otyughs and Ettins as well, or if they're merely highly resistant.

I must point out that the slow affect from the bounty hunter trap did work on Kozah. It just didn't last long enough to save me from a mad scramble. I wasn't about to try and go to-to-toe with him in melee so I had to go the slow death route with 1/round magic missile damage from my wand.
    ChroniclerAerakarProont
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @Abi_Dalzim Otyughs and Ettins are not immune to missile damage. I think that you have to use magical arrows though. I tend to use arrows of fire against Otyughs.
    Proont
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    SethDavis said:

Did you know: that there's no creature named Kozah and a certain dev spent way longer than he should have to find out that the creature in question is actually/probably named Doomsayer.

He's also got 125 resistance to electricity, which is neat.

Yeah, I went on a bit of a journey trying to figure out who we were talking about too.

I"ve done of course the quest, where you find an idol to the forgotten god Kozah, and awaken the longsleeping Doomsayer.

http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Kozah

I've never picked up on however, what the wiki's saying. Namely that Kozah is a very old name for Talos, a god who's still very present in the Forgotten Realms pantheon to this day.

Does anybody know where this is established?