Skip to content

Pokemon thread

14567810»

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

Hmm I might play that Uranium game. The grass/steel starter looks imba

It's not well liked, but those people are dumb :wink: I named mine Panzer.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon arrived in my mail just yesterday and I am fangasming so hard right now omg

I wish I had the time right now but I can't wait to play them all day during Thanksgiving
    ThacoBell[Deleted User]O_Bruce
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    i havent gotten that far but so far Uranium is super fun. Hard to find ever since Nintendo started cracking down on Pokemon hacks, but my gosh a lot of time went into it. A ton of super interesting fakemon, an engine built from scratch, and music epic enough to rival the official games. Also it actually displays a pokemon's exact EVs and IVs from the start, something that official games still have not gotten around to. It's super useful.

I started with the grass/steel starter. He has terrible IVs but I love him. Also holy crap there are so many cat pokemon. So many. Cats everywhere. Love it.
    ThacoBell
    The game is still supported and receives updates as well.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited June 2018
    I recently went to get an event code for pokemon and was given an extra one as well. I do not need this extra one so I was wondering if anyone here would like it. The event I have is for Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon. If you use it on a Sun or Ultra Sun game you will get a Yveltal. If you use it on a Moon or Ultra Moon game you will get a Xerneas. The code will only work in North America. Let me know if any of you want it. First come first served.
    ThacoBell
    Oh man! I forgot about this thread. Now I miss it.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    If you were a gym leader, which type of Pokémon would you use?

I would be a Ghost-type gym leader.
    ThacoBellDev6
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Do gym leaders necessarily have monotype teams? I guess water is one the best ones in that case.
    ThacoBellDev6
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790

Do gym leaders necessarily have monotype teams? I guess water is one the best ones in that case.

Not necessary. In gen 2, Blue is Viridain City's gym leader and he uses various types.
    ThacoBellFinneousPJDev6
    If going with the mono type theme. I'd be a bug gym leader. Bugs are the COOLEST of any organism, fictional or non.
    FinneousPJDev6
    @ThacoBell Bugs are pretty cool but as a monotype they really suck.

I would go with water, flying or rock probably. Dark and fairy are also pretty decent.
    Dev6
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    I'm not much of a pokemon gamer but I believe I'd go with psychic.
    FinneousPJThacoBell

@ThacoBell Bugs are pretty cool but as a monotype they really suck.

I would go with water, flying or rock probably. Dark and fairy are also pretty decent.

I pick pokemon for concept or design over actual competitive viability. My favorite types are Bug, Grass, and Ghost/Rock *they are tied* in that order.
    FinneousPJDev6O_Bruce
    I've been playing competitively for too long to go back lol
    Dev6ThacoBell
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I always was more of a Poison and Ice user myself. Especially snake types, carnivorous plants are pretty much always part of my teams. However Rock is also quite attractive due to its de-fossilized 'mons.

Come to think of it... being a Gas or Sound trainer in Pokemon Brown/Prism would perhaps be even more interesting.
    FinneousPJThacoBell
    If I have to choose the type for a gym, it will be either normal types (because of pretty flexible movesets for the most part), fighting types or dark types.
    ThacoBell
    I'm super glad that bugs have gotten more love in later generations with some incredibly useful dual types.
    O_BruceNimran
    Yup. Golisopod, for example. It makes a wonderfull....
    wait for it....
    First Impression!
    FinneousPJThacoBellRaduziel
    O_Bruce said:

Yup. Golisopod, for example. It makes a wonderfull....
    wait for it....
    First Impression!

EYYY!
    FinneousPJ
    Would anyone disagree with me if I said that the Battle Royal cheats harder than anything else in the entire series? I have been trying to get a battle with the Masked Royal (he has yet to show up), but it has been maddening. The three AI trainers seem to ignore each other to pick on me almost exclusively. This is hardly fair, so I call it cheating. Is it a wonder that I lose the Battle Royal something like 80% of the time due to the constant picking on me? Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else had tried the Battle Royal and had a different experience with it.
    ThacoBell
    My experiences with battle royal against AI is pretty much the same, though I think that AI targets you more when you're winning. For that reason, I think Protect is a must-have move in situations like this. Of course you'll need to predict when AI will be most likely to target you.
    Tresset
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    O_Bruce said:

If I have to choose the type for a gym, it will be either normal types (because of pretty flexible movesets for the most part), fighting types or dark types.

Fire types.

I have all kind of tricks. I think Bane could learn a thing or two with me.

When I was recovering a made a fire-type-only-all-generations-run. Very, very awesome.
    ThacoBell
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited August 2018
    @Tresset

Haven't touched my 3DS in months, but IIRC the AI will target whoever has the most points.

A tactic I've found that worked was to give my Silvally Swords Dance and the Normal Z-Crystal. Buff with Swords Dance as many times as you can, Breakneck Blitz to take out one, then use Explosion. Usually takes out at least two, sometimes all three. Self-fainting doesn't grant points to any opponents either. If you have a bulky mon with Protect that just stalls until someone else loses all their Pokemon, you can usually win off the huge lead you get, or you use your next two Pokemon to finish one of your opponents off as quickly as possible since your huge score bonus will make you get focused.

Sometimes I use a Normal Gem instead, since a no-item Explosion doesn't cleanly KO everything even at +6.
    O_BruceThacoBellTresset

@Tresset

Haven't touched my 3DS in months, but IIRC the AI will target whoever has the most points.

A tactic I've found that worked was to give my Silvally Swords Dance and the Normal Z-Crystal. Buff with Swords Dance as many times as you can, Breakneck Blitz to take out one, then use Explosion. Usually takes out at least two, sometimes all three. Self-fainting doesn't grant points to any opponents either. If you have a bulky mon with Protect that just stalls until someone else loses all their Pokemon, you can usually win off the huge lead you get.

That's an interesting tactics.
    Tresset
    edited August 2018
    @Artemius_I Very good suggestion! I may have to try it! Shortly after I made my earlier post I read that the new move Spotlight can be useful there too. Very few pokemon can learn it, but it can apparently redirect two of the opponents to attack the third. I may have to try that too.
    Post edited by Tresset on
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Tresset said:

@Artemius_I Very good suggestion! I may have to try it! Shortly after I made my earlier post I read that the new move Spotlight can be useful there too. Very few pokemon can learn it, but it can apparently redirect two of the opponents to attack the third. I may have to try that too.

Spotlight can be very useful with Counter, Mirror Coat or Payback.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    *casts Raise Thread*

I wonder if anyone of you people is playing Pokemon Go?
    I've started playing regularly with my son when schools locked down. He's 9 and totally obsessed with anything Pokemon, and with Pokemon Go he gets enough fresh air and exercise (he has autism and ADHD and gets totally sucked into activities he enjoys, which is great, but some of it can be played outside, all the better).

Anyway, if anyone around here plays, I'd love to exchange friend codes (via PM please) to send and receive gifts and maybe even share raid invitations, although that might be difficult because of time zones (we're in Germany).
    He's level 33 and I'm level 34, because we have only started playing in March this year.
    deltagoThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    edited July 2020
    Crystal Clear is getting an update soon. If you own a copy of Crystal, it's worth going through the steps to get this running.

Gen 1 and 2 are the only ones I have much of an interest in. The wonky Gen 1 rules allow for a lot of fun stuff, like Electrode being a real threat because his high speed gives him an insane critical hit rate, or Dig being as strong as Earthquake with no counters.

I also recently figured out that your shinies will remain shiny when imported into Pokemon Stadium 2. I did pretty well by Baton Passing Curses onto a shiny Blue Hitmonchan and using Mach Punch + rest talk.
    ThacoBell
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    edited July 2020
    @Arvia
    My daughter plays Pokemon Go once in a while. She just turned 7, so it’s left to her Dad to do the job. But she is a HUGE fan of the franchise (the series and the latest games. She freaked out in the most adorable way, when we caught our first shiny Pokemon.

We have played Let’s go (both Plikachu and Eevee editions) and Shield & Sword. Finishing all 4 games on Switch (missing out on only 3 Pokemon’s (Slowking Melmeltan & Zeraora)).

The games are quite fun, and has really brought turn based gaming into a new perspective.. Go figure (pun intended).

You can export your catches from your Go app into Let’s go, helping you fill your Kanto Pokédex. That has worked for us quite well

And you can also via the Pokémon home app (on Switch) move Pokemon’s from one game to another. That is really helpful in the all titles - if you have all titles.

If any need trades from the above mentioned titles on switch, feel free to PM me.
    Arvia
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    @StummvonBordwehr , my son is a huge fan of the series, too, is collecting the cards and playing the trading card game, and has played Pokemon X, Sun, Let's go Pikachu and Sword. We have only started to play Pokemon Go recently so that he can combine his passion with long walks ?. Besides, screen time while sitting on his bottom has to be limited, but as a working mom one has to compromise when schools are closed... even if it means sharing my mobile phone.
    The option to send Pokemon to the Switch is great. I think he only needs two more for Let's go. But that's his business, I don't play on console.
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBell