Skip to content

Little things that annoy you

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Chirico said:

Jarrakul: You're right about Aerie. I didn't think of it before because it seems a fairly sensible thing to me that an elf should be able to do that as well as a half-elf. Thanks for putting your finger on why these rule-breakers stand out to me as well. It would seem to me that the developers could just as easily have made these characters entirely legal as not. I don't see the why of it either.

Wubble: I don't see the illegality in this case. I just checked, and Jaheira appears to meet the race and ability requirements for being a Fighter/Druid in both games.

I was probably thinking of the dual class requirements
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    How about the way that the game teases us with Solaufein and Coran by letting the PC ask them to join, but they won't?

At least there are mods.
    lolienThacoBell
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @simples: It's just a quirk of the system, having the recipient cast the spell on him or herself. I don't know if it's possible to get the priest to cast the spell. I encountered that problem in my old restless run of SoA.
  • SayenSayen Member Posts: 18
    While I'd snarkily call Aerie herself a "little thing that annoys me", her illegal multiclass actually doesn't because I think it's well justified in story by her being basically a gnome. Of course, that means she should have been an illusionist, but meh.

Anomen, on the other hand, not only lacks the wisdom according to the character sheet, but his immaturity, pigheadedness, and arrogance show that 1. that wisdom score is absolutely accurate and 2. makes it really hard for me to believe that he could have channeled the power of Helm as a cleric.
    athanasBrer_Rabbitlolien
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    That, if you're a bard, you lose all your really useful special abilities when...
    you go slayer. If you're playing a good party it's a pretty useless exchange.
    wubble
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Kind of strange how Carsomyr does just as much damage to lawful good characters as it does to neutral evil characters. In fact, it does more damage to good guys than almost any other weapon in the game! Not much of a holy avenger, is it?
    Brer_Rabbit
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Plenty of illegal characters.

Minsc - Wisdom too low for ranger
    Aerie - Illegal race/class
    Anomen - Wisdom too low
    Cernd - Charisma too low
    Coran - Illegal dex score
    Kaigan - Illegal con score
    Dorn - Illegal race/class

Just a way to make players feel OK about occassionally using EE Keeper to shake things up!
    SkatanBrer_RabbitlolienAndreaColombo
  • Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
    bengoshi said:

Ohh, another little thing that annoys me is...

inability to equip the second weapon when there's a two-handed weapon in one of the main hand's slots

This has been driving me nuts. All I want is for my ranged character to switch to two daggers when someone gets in her face. Why is this so much to ask? :(
    JuliusBorisovGrumlolienAndreaColombo
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

bengoshi said:

Ohh, another little thing that annoys me is...

inability to equip the second weapon when there's a two-handed weapon in one of the main hand's slots

This has been driving me nuts. All I want is for my ranged character to switch to two daggers when someone gets in her face. Why is this so much to ask? :(
    Let's hope it will be redone in SoD and then transferred in a patch to BGEE and BG2EE;)
    Skatan
    Dear God I hope so. I may as well go one-hand style with an Archer. Wasted skill points and all...

Then again, I get to use a spear. :)
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • superluccixsuperluccix Member Posts: 76
    Trying to figure out the first letter of the first word to every note
    lolienGandaSethDavis
  • TidusTidus Member Posts: 86
    @bengoshi @Brer_Rabbit
    you can do that with eekeeper!
    simply equip your ranged weapon and the first melee one, than eekeeper the second one into your shield slot
    semiticgoddessSkatanJuliusBorisovlolien
    Tidus said:

@bengoshi @Brer_Rabbit
    you can do that with eekeeper!
    simply equip your ranged weapon and the first melee one, than eekeeper the second one into your shield slot

I'm on Android... :(
    lolien
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Nimran said:

It sucks that I can't be a monk/bard in BG and IWD. Apparently, one can sing OR dance, but being capable of doing both? Nope.

You can do one of those?! That must be nice...
    NimranJuliusBorisovlolienBrer_Rabbit
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428

The worst thing ever is having only part of your party equipped with Boots of Speed and having to wait five minutes for the slugs to catch up before you can move forward.

Another reason to just run with the PC and your romance choice, plus maybe Jan/Imoen for traps.