Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

Perhaps instead, the timer is for the start of pre-ordering?

It is the countdown to the countdown to pre-ordering beginning. Now that would be the ultimate beamtroll move!

I'm hoping it is for both pre-ordering and maybe a trailer
  • vonVincevonVince Member Posts: 18
    edited July 2015
    Wow, Trent's ripped - how does he balance working out and all the work the game takes. :smiley:
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    First public announcement, one hour later online activation of preorder and teaser videos. Sounds normal to me.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314

On the other hand, @Cerevant points out in this thread that the timer expires at 8 p.m. (also Edmonton time).

Nah, I said 7PM too!
    never mind that little edit message there...
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited July 2015
    Cerevant said:

Nah, I said 7PM too!

I cry shenanigans! Editing your previous post to invalidate my elegant theory is cheating! :smile:
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595

Cerevant said:

Nah, I said 7PM too!

I cry shenanigans! Editing your previous post to invalidate my elegant theory is cheating! :smile:
    There's no cheating in BG. There's just cheese... :smiley:
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744

In the interview, @TrentOster repeatedly refers to the AdvY announcement being at 7 p.m. (and he's on an Edmonton channel, so he must mean Edmonton time).

On the other hand, @Cerevant points out in this thread that the timer expires at 8 p.m. (also Edmonton time).

It's possible whatever Cerevant is consulting hasn't taken daylight savings time into account. In any event, I'm in Edmonton, I can see the timer right now, and I can confirm that it will reach zero at 7:00pm local time tomorrow night. What happens then, I can only speculate.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2015
    Not sure if its region locked (I'm assuming it isn't but I'm in Canada myself so I wouldn't know even if it was) but if you haven't already you can check out Trents interview on Global here.

http://globalnews.ca/video/2092824/beamdog-releases-first-video-game
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited July 2015
    elminster said:

Not sure if its region locked

It is not. I am in Italy and I can watch it :)

PS: Those arms...!!!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Nimran said:

Aedan said:

PS: Those arms...!!!

Yeah. My boss is a Terminator.
    Buy my product if you want to live.
    -Trent
    Watches video... Sure give me 2 copies of each....
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I wish I could shake hands with Trent Oster to tell him how thankful I am for him breathing new life on my favorite game of all time.

Also, I'd advise him to shave his head and be Minsc for Halloween. If I looked like that, I would NOT pass the chance to do so.
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    @Aedan i'm in Sicily right now and I can comfirm it's not region locked. The Wi-Fi is just very slow :s

But its vacation sow i have time.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    edited July 2015
  • theonlypeejtheonlypeej Member Posts: 44
    I can't wait !!! 24 hours to go !!!!! Adventure Y !!! Why? Cause we want it !!!
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Guys! You know how Lord Anduin gets when he tries to drink things!

/whispers
    He spills it all over his bandages and then complains for *weeks*!
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    What time will the live twitch stream start? When the timer hits 0, or a bit before? It was unclear in the interview. I am in the UK and I want to know what time to set an alarm to see the live stream.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    It pains me greatly that the countdown clock will stop at 4am CET and I need to go to work earlier on Friday. So I'll probably miss the party:( It saddens me... very much... Damn the timezones!
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    The timer ends at 3 AM here, and I guess I'll stay up because I can't go to sleep when I'm excited. Since I don't usually stay up that late I'll need to find something to occupy myself with. I think it's only appropriate I play some Baldur's Gate. :smiley:
  • CendarCendar Member Posts: 27
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg

The waaaaaiting is the hardest part...
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Kilivitz said:

I wish I could shake hands with Trent Oster to tell him how thankful I am for him breathing new life on my favorite game of all time.

He'd probably crush all of the bones in your hand by accident.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    wubble said:

Kilivitz said:

He'd probably crush all of the bones in your hand by accident.
    Haha! I was watching that video waiting for the interviewer to start crying in pain when he shook hands with Trent
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    That'll teach Trent not to try and convince us his domain buying is random.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Less than 12 hours to go …
    I keep wondering whether we will be told something official about Adventure Z ( Project Bear/Sharktrap)…