Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    @Bengoshi

can you start spoil tagging the tweets. They are giving away more information than I'd like.

thanks in advance.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    No problem, @deltago. Starting from now, it'll go in spoiler tags.

An interesting situation, though: before people had wanted to hear more and more details about SoD and when these details have started to actually appear, a spoiler problem has begun.

If you can tell, deltago, what particular information in those tweets have you found spoilery for you?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited February 2016
    [spoiler=a phrase from an NPC]

I can't stop hearing it in the voice of Jim Cummings.

[/spoiler]
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    I totally agree with Deltago, he got the point.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I want to know a little... But don't want to know too much... So conflicted...

Thank you for the spoiler tags @bengoshi we get to beat up our own conscious thought processes now!
    @deltago I'm sure you're not in the minority. Actually, I think more people - I mean those who're planning to play SoD, actually think the same.

After all, we've been waiting for 16+ years to find out what actually happens before your character is captured in the Irenicus's cage, what exactly goes on after Sarevok is gone, what do BG1 NPCs start to do after it, etc etc.

I actually think that deciding what part of SoD to show is a very big question for @PhillipDaigle and @Amber_Scott . Maybe some kind of a middle game (so that the main spoilers that happen at the start of SoD and in the end of it) - for example, Lost Kanaglym - "a dwarven city lost to time and memory, hidden deep within the earth and home to a sinister cult".

Or maybe they should show new NPCs' stats: so that we could start discussing them, whether they're "OP", "meh", or just normal. And so that it would be easier to plan your SoD party. I remember that discussing Rasaad's and Dorn's stats was a popular thing here before BGEE was released.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I don't actually want to be able to plan my SoD party ahead of the game. I've got three charnames that are good to go; a fighter/mage, an assassin/mage and a blackguard and it's going to be interesting for me to find out how each one can fit with new npcs and cope with different adversaries - without knowing beforehand.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Normally I would agree but since my health is failing me the last few weeks I just read everything.

(darn you cardiovascular challenged !!)

Spoiler tags are good though.
  • TwentyTwenty Member Posts: 52
    @Iroumen, nothing too serious I hope and get well soon!

As for spoilers, they are good but as for me, I'm not too fussy about it. Things just work the other way round for me, I suppose. The more I know, the more excited I am. For example, I read all the speculations/rumours of the "The Force Awakens" leading to December last year :tongue:
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Great to hear @Amber_Scott I'll probably check out the livestream if thats the case. Im on sat internet though so all those art assets will be in beautiful 240p with pixels the size of yer noggin but will at least hear the new voice work :D

I have a feeling they'll announce the release date during the Twitch session.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

Wahaha. >:) Finally, an event is announced in my time zone!

Well, I'd still like to know how TTT (typo_tilly time) translates to GMT?
    edited February 2016
    [spoiler=XP amount in a party]

Sorcerers get 5th level spells at the 10th level, which requires 250k XP.

Philiip played with a party, at least with Minsc, Dorn and Corwin, maybe also Safana. So we can guess that getting at least 250k XP for each character before the final dungeon, if playing with a party, at least of 4 characters, is possible.

Also, it seems that the final location of SoD is a dungeon (not a surprise, though).

[/spoiler]
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    conclusion of the questline with the shining lady perhaps, but transition to bg2 should be via ambush on the main road
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    "Final dungeon" means just that - the last dungeon. It in no way indicates that it is the final encounter or location.

As for the XP cap, we already knew it was higher than that, since we know Thieves can reach level 12, which is 440 KXP.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Fardragon said:

Thieves can reach level 12, which is 440 KXP.

Or IS IT?

(...yes, it is.)
    Twenty said:

@Iroumen, nothing too serious I hope and get well soon!

been going on since a month. Unknown how serious or what it is exactly, but since it is a heart thing. .. you can imagine it is a bit scary. I am being treated and they think I will recover. However, I do not feel much better yet to be honest, so the more delays SoD has, the worse it is in my experience.
    edited February 2016
    [spoiler=dnd question] I'm not up to date with pnp. What is a void sword? [/spoiler]
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited February 2016
    lroumen said:

I'm not up to date with pnp. What is a void sword?
    Maybe it means a void-metal sword.

www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Void-Metal_(3.5e_Equipment)
    Very interesting to the plot then
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I can think of many places in BG2 where I would love to have one of those....
  • isgorath1isgorath1 Member Posts: 24
    I'm dying here waiting for gameplay and new info..