Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I know that in Ravenloft (AD&D) you can make an incense of belladona to keep lycanthropes away. Never heard of it actually curing lycanthropy.

Anyway, it must be just a leftover of some unused quest.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Halbazzer Drin now has a bunch of really high-level spells. He will cast them on you if you fight him in Siege of Dragonspear.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Did you know that baby wyverns in the latest version can't enter the bridge on Cloakwood 4 map (their circles are too big), so you can shoot them down from that bridge?

• sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    edited September 2016
    Just found out that someone slipped the Boomerang +2 throwing dagger into BG1. And now I can't find it again! Argh!! Redshirt Ricky, the dagger throwing Kensai, wants to know.

I have only found it once.

On Shoal the Neried's map the party was approached by someone called a 'Malenti'. No idea of the lore here, or what that even is, but that doesn't matter. This Malenti struck up a conversation with Kivan and after a lengthy banter the party was given the option to help her against some Sahuagin near Mad Arcand's ship. The Malenti tells us she has stashed some nifty items into the ship's hold.

We defeat the Sahuagin and open the ship to find the ring of folly joined by a nice gem and a nifty throwing dagger, the very same from Captain Dennis.

Trying to go back to the map with Kivan has not yielded the same result. I'm wondering if other NPC's make a difference, party at the time was Kivan, Minsc, Shar-Teel, Imoen.

Only mods I have installed are BG1 NPC project and SCS, so it must be one of those two, but can't find any mention of this malenti online despite using many different possible keywords.

EDIT: searched 'Sea Elf' instead of Malenti and found it. You have to go with Kivan to the coast map at night.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited September 2016
    If you somehow manage to talk to Hairtooth before Gnarl's dialog begins, he says this voice quote:

"Yeah, you pay twenty gold for each head, or lose head!"
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    sluckers said:

Just found out that someone slipped the Boomerang +2 throwing dagger into BG1. And now I can't find it again! Argh!! Redshirt Ricky, the dagger throwing Kensai, wants to know.

I have only found it once.

On Shoal the Neried's map the party was approached by someone called a 'Malenti'. No idea of the lore here, or what that even is, but that doesn't matter. This Malenti struck up a conversation with Kivan and after a lengthy banter the party was given the option to help her against some Sahuagin near Mad Arcand's ship. The Malenti tells us she has stashed some nifty items into the ship's hold.

We defeat the Sahuagin and open the ship to find the ring of folly joined by a nice gem and a nifty throwing dagger, the very same from Captain Dennis.

Trying to go back to the map with Kivan has not yielded the same result. I'm wondering if other NPC's make a difference, party at the time was Kivan, Minsc, Shar-Teel, Imoen.

Only mods I have installed are BG1 NPC project and SCS, so it must be one of those two, but can't find any mention of this malenti online despite using many different possible keywords.

EDIT: searched 'Sea Elf' instead of Malenti and found it. You have to go with Kivan to the coast map at night.

I can confirm that this is the NPC project.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

The contents of playithardcore have been restored at https://pihwiki.baldursgateforge.net/Baldur's_Gate:_Tales_of_the_Sword_Coast

I can not like this enough.
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    Site seems faster then ever too :)
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I have to wonder, though, is it possible to chunk someone with a rusty spoon?