Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353

Did you know that while BGEE has XP caps, IWD is actually level capped?

This means multi classes can get 30/30/30 in theory (although that can't actually really happen) while everyone else stops at a single 30.

This CAN actually happen if you exploit bonus XP from HoF and rest-interruption encounters for hours upon hours of grinding. Not that I had done it, but the thought crossed my mind... :blush:
    JuliusBorisovlolienCluasProont
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    The fastest exploit for gathering XP in IWD is to import characters into a save game right before you complete the Ice Rose quest, then export them and import them again, gathering the biggest XP reward in the game over and over.

The console, of course, is faster still.
    JuliusBorisovProont
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075

The fastest exploit for gathering XP in IWD is to import characters into a save game right before you complete the Ice Rose quest, then export them and import them again, gathering the biggest XP reward in the game over and over.

Don't you get more experience for talking to Kieran Nye after killing the assassins?
    semiticgoddessProont
    @OlvynChuru: I never even heard of the Kieran Nye questline! But according to Gamebanshee, the final segment of that questline grants 420,000 XP, and delivering the Ice Rose to the bard guy grants 630,000.
    http://www.gamebanshee.com/icewinddale/walkthrough/lonelywood.php
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Well, I just completed both quests in the original non-enhanced game (without Trials of the Luremaster installed) and they both give 630000 experience on the normal difficulty setting, at least in that version of the game. I don't know if that's the case in the EEs.
    semiticgoddessProont
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    @JuliusBorisov Does that also apply if the Wizard Slayer -> Thief chooses the Use Any Item HLA?

Speaking of dual-classing to thief: Bodhi won't ally herself with a single-class thief but she will ally with a multi- or dual-classed thief. However if you dual-class to thief and have NOT gotten your original levels back, she regards you as a single-class thief and refuses to ally with you.
    JuliusBorisovProont
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The Use Any Item HLA will overwrite those restrictions.
    Montresor_SPDJKajurulolienProont
  • MagpieRandomsMagpieRandoms Member Posts: 72
    Did you know, in the original game, if you clicked on the spellbook, you'd see two D20 dice on the table in the background?
    ThacoBellDJKajuruMontresor_SPProont
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    More like god-mode.
    JuliusBorisovmlneveselolienProont
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    I am sure your experience with No reloads will help moderate the forum :-)

Congrats!
    semiticgoddesslolienJuliusBorisov
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    edited September 2016

Did you know you don't have to ally yourself with the Githyankis in the Mind Flayer base, you can kill the githyankis and try to escape on your own, small groups of illithids will periodically teleport to you.

I only discovered recently despite having played through it so many times.

I have just been captured so will try this!
    deltagololienJuliusBorisovProont
    @Artemius_I: I forgot entirely about 害怕! All I remembered from my old Chinese class was 恐怕 and 怕 by itself. I forgot about 怯, too (we only learned it as 怯怯).

I was skeptical about your interpretation of 无望, thinking 望 wasn't quite analogous to "hope," but I just checked a dictionary and you were right. 无望 is a real Chinese word meaning "hopeless."
    JuliusBorisovProont
  • namarienamarie Member Posts: 52
    edited October 2016
    In fact, 惧 (To fear, also as a noun, fear) might be the closest you can get.

In the official D&D 3.5 translation, Power Word: Stun was translated as 真言:震 (or 律令:震慑, can't remember which one). So I would've used 震 for stun, but then again I'm pretty sure BG predates any Chinese translation, official or otherwise, of most D&D rules of any editions...

Edit: Why I guess posting at 2am was not the best idea. I should've realized that only it was IWD2 that used the Chinese characters as spell icons. Oh well...
    Post edited by namarie on
    loliensemiticgoddessJuliusBorisovProont