Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666

The final boss of Planescape Torment scales with your level in the most ridiculous fashion. There are five different power levels for the boss depending on your level. The weakest power level is encountered if you enter the final chamber at level 18 or less. On the other hand, the highest power level is encountered if you enter the final chamber at level 90 or greater!

but by the time your that high level you have no real reason to fight him

just merge with him
    CrevsDaakOlvynChuruMontresor_SPProont
  • sazziesazzie Member Posts: 103
    haha all these evil things to do are awesome! ive never played an evil party before but im becoming more and more tempted and since the beregost temple allows me there without any town interference i can happily pay for a good reputation only to go back to my future evil ways ... its great
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848

Alternatively, you can commit all of your unlawful acts early in the game so you can pay off a few thousands of gold to bump your reputation back to normal, since reputation can never drop below 1 and raising your reputation is cheaper when it's lower.

Unfortunately some of the evil acts that I used to do in Candlekeep are no longer available. I used to kill Firebead there, but in EE Gorion goes hostile. (Unless that is the effect of a mod.)
    did u guys know what in NWN: shadows of undrentide, theres a reclusive merchant who mentions that about 10 years ago a halfling came through with a ruby pendant but he declined to purchase it. that halfling then gleeflully made his way upto the IWD area.

me thinks that was the mischievous halfling mentioned in IWD2 who took the heroes of IWD on another adventure to which they were never seen again .... (pretty sure thats the basis of IWD HoW but im not sure)
    JuliusBorisovProont
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited February 2017
    sazzie said:

did u guys know what in NWN: shadows of undrentide, theres a reclusive merchant who mentions that about 10 years ago a halfling came through with a ruby pendant but he declined to purchase it. that halfling then gleeflully made his way upto the IWD area.

me thinks that was the mischievous halfling mentioned in IWD2 who took the heroes of IWD on another adventure to which they were never seen again .... (pretty sure thats the basis of IWD HoW but im not sure)

Or perhaps it was Regis, Drizzt's companion, on the run from Calimport to Icewind Dale; one of the premises of the whole Drizzt series of books. You can nick that ruby pendant off of Regis' cooling body in BG2, chp. 6.
    DJKajuruCrevsDaakEmpyriallolien
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910

Also in Shadows of Undrentide, you can keep a baby after an early quest. Throwing that baby into a machine in HOTU (yes, i'm serious) results in a permanent and rather powerful companion.

You'd have to play as a really twisted character to steal someone's baby, carry it for months through ancient ruins, deserts and dungeons - only to feed into a machine in the Underdark. O_o

What I found weird about this is that originally you could apparently sell that baby to slavers. But Bioware removed it because it felt too cruel. As opposed to the machine feeding..?
    Proont
    @rrchristensen could have been. the merchant mentions that for some reason he declined to purchase or offer to buy the pendant and that the halfling gave him bad vibes

indeed @JoenSo ! especially since the underdark is in a different game ... i knew exporting in NWN saves the character as is (just did this, my level 15 NWN bard is now a level 17 bard in SOU)

@WarChiefZeke, id be interested to know how u know this? google? personal experience? a rumour from a tavern barkeep? a comly lass or lad? does this 'companion' replace all other companion options? i just saved said baby and would be curious to know what happens
    edited February 2017
    The NWN wiki has an article about it. Apparently you can get a drider or a goblin on metaphorical steroids as a companion. http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Tynan
  • @sazzie or i could be wrong, it's been twenty years since I read those books.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    JoenSo said:

The NWN wiki has an article about it. Apparently you can get a drider or a goblin on metaphorical steroids as a companion. http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Tynan

Does he have a rival named A'poss?
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

Also in Shadows of Undrentide, you can keep a baby after an early quest. Throwing that baby into a machine in HOTU (yes, i'm serious) results in a permanent and rather powerful companion.

How the flip did anyone ever find this out???
    JoenSo
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    mlnevese said:

tbone1 said:

Never make questions you do not actually want to know the answer for...
    I suspect that it wasn't discovered in-game, but that somebody was looking at some coding. It could even be that there is a baby in both games and they have identical codes. That wouldn't be that unusual. Having a baby called baby.cre is after all quite logical.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651

mlnevese said:

tbone1 said:

Never make questions you do not actually want to know the answer for...
    I suspect that it wasn't discovered in-game, but that somebody was looking at some coding. It could even be that there is a baby in both games and they have identical codes. That wouldn't be that unusual. Having a baby called baby.cre is after all quite logical.
    Oh no, this isn't the case of that. It IS in game, and the baby isn't a deleted HoTU concept item either- Tynan keeps his name in SOU and HoTU dialogues.

If you're asking how I found it out, the one time I ever played a full SoU-HoTU run was with a blackguard. Made the evil choices every time. Got to the puzzle machine entrance in Chapter 3 and the option was there to my great surprise. Good fun. :)

@sazzie, no he doesn't replace your other companions. He acts like a familiar, mechanics wise IIRC.

Wise_GrimwaldsazzieProont
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Wise_GrimwaldStummvonBordwehrproccoProont
    @WarChiefZeke i see i see. sooo theoretically, correct me if im wrong, i could have my CHARname, henchman, summoned monster, familiar if im a mage AND this 'creature'? coz thats awesome and very appealing for an evil run through :)

all good @rrchristensen theres alot of info regarding little things in these games
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    JoenSo said:

You'd have to play as a really twisted character to steal someone's baby, carry it for months through ancient ruins, deserts and dungeons - only to feed into a machine in the Underdark. O_o

What I found weird about this is that originally you could apparently sell that baby to slavers. But Bioware removed it because it felt too cruel. As opposed to the machine feeding..?
    Not only that, but to save his life TWICE, once from the goblins and then again when he's stolen by the drow in chapter 1. Freaking dark, man. And there are other things you can do in HoTU that come in close second on the evil scale...

@Joenso, you mentioned that Tynan has a missing script. Are remnants of these kind of things still in game and accessible by the toolset? It would be a fun side project to resurrect all these half finished or cut out features from the campaigns.
    Wise_Grimwald
    @WarChiefZeke ah no, it's the article at the NWN wiki that mentions that. I know nothing about this weirdness apart from that. The article does state that they removed the script that checks if Tynan is in your inventory. So if they only removed that I guess other stuff should still be there but unaccessable from the game itself? Kind of like old console games where it was easier for developers to just hide stuff than to remove it.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

Recently I noticed that most of the quarterstaves in the original Baldur's Gate came from Tales of the Sword Coast.

Staves from before TotSC:

Quarterstaff
    Quarterstaff +1

Staves introduced in TotSC:

Staff Mace
    Staff Spear
    Aule's Staff
    Staff of Striking

I remember that in original BG1 the best weapons I could give to Jaheira were magical daggers, not to mention the lack of better maces and flails for clerics who weren't wielding Ashideena. I guess they made the right choice by providing with these staves :)
    CrevsDaakWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovProont