Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848

For anyone who hates traps: Ctrl-4 (with DebugMode enabled). This reveals all script triggers in the area in blue highlights, which includes traps so you can see their exact location and size. I have been abusing this a lot as of late.

If you hate traps so much, there is a mod that disables them.
    StummvonBordwehrDaevelonsemiticgoddess
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    This console code will give you a stack of 9000 Identify scrolls, obviating the need for resting to restore level 1 spell slots or the Glasses of Identification:

C:CreateItem("SCRL75", 9000);

You can also avoid collecting nonmagical ammunition by giving yourself stacks of each ammunition type. Here are the codes for arrows, bullets, bolts, and darts:

C:CreateItem("AROW01", 9000);
    C:CreateItem("BULL01", 9000);
    C:CreateItem("BOLT01", 9000);
    C:CreateItem("DART01", 9000);

It doesn't actually give you all that much in monetary terms. At the end of most of my runs, I've only used about 500 of any given ammo type for each character, which amounts to 75-150 gold for a party of six. But it does save a lot of time in inventory management.

I usually use these codes the moment I have the Identify spell or a couple hundred gold.
    tbone1AerakarShikaoProont
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Shikao said:

Just recently, I've noticed Korax the Ghoul in BG1 sounds pretty much like the Avatar of the Forgotten God in BG2 during the Cult of the Unseeing Eye quest.

Apparently he sounds also like a wise man, a mad man, a wolf man and a fake dwarf amongst plenty others just in BG series =D
    Neat! I didn't check Franklin Welker's record for this, I only heard Corax and immediately thought about that S-L-O-W talk by the Avatar Of Amaunator. For is fun, all previous 100+ playthroughs I didn't hear the similarity.
    mlneveseShikaoAerakarlolien
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    mlnevese said:

@Permidion_Stark just read the thread again, taking notes this time :wink:

Damn! Now I'm being assigned homework. Will there be a test at the end?
    JuliusBorisovmlneveseBelgarathMTHProont
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Speaking of voice sets, Reynald de Chatillon uses Duke Eltan's from the first game.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

mlnevese said:

Yeap... you'll have to post save games AND videos of you playing the game... no cheats allowed :)
    JuliusBorisovPermidion_StarkWise_GrimwaldProont
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    mlnevese said:

mlnevese said:

Yeap... you'll have to post save games AND videos of you playing the game... no cheats allowed :)
    It gets worse. I was hoping for multiple choice. At least then I might have a chance.
    mlneveseJuliusBorisovWise_GrimwaldProont
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428

Speaking of voice sets, Reynald de Chatillon uses Duke Eltan's from the first game.

Are you sure? Then it's Frank Welker again :)
    Yeah, right click on Eltan enough times in BG1, and he'll say Reynald's main line, "Honorable men are hard to come by."
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovProont
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Tresset said:

@WarChiefZeke Tiamat, eh? Is she not the evil 5 headed mother of the chromatic dragons? I believe her brother is Bahamut, the platinum dragon, father of the good metalic dragons and also a god.

Yep, the same Tiamat.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2017
    DiscoCat said:

One of Davaeorn's battle cries is almost identical to Palpatine's line from Return of the Jedi: "Your feeble skills are no match for my magic!".

In case anyone is interested you can hear the line from the wav file in this attached zip file.
    AerakarJuliusBorisovmlnevese