Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Balrog99 said:

rede9 said:

If you use Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity to have two romances with two heterosexual they do not care.

That's because 'charname' is HOT!
    :p
    My 17 charisma has to count for something :P
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Dev6 said:

Balrog99 said:

rede9 said:

If you use Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity to have two romances with two heterosexual they do not care.

Also because traps aren't gay. :tongue:
    Is there a Glitter Bomb mod? Please tell me there is a Glitter Bomb mod.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Balrog99 said:

Zaram Maldovar approves this message.
    edited May 2018

Emerson Logic: Gives the party a day to conduct their business in the mines, doesn't "dig a new shaft for each of 'ye" after the party spends a week wandering around the mines looking for Mulahey.

I guess he just assumes the party died, and when they return he's too happy to care?
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Maybe he realized that it would be stubborn beyond reason to follow those darn meddling kids past ghouls, kobolds, lava, traps and spiders just to throw them out of his precious, monster-infested mine.
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391

fluke13 said:

Viconia attacks Jaheira in a jealous rage, calling her a mongrel half breed in front of the whole party... before bedding her half-elf Charmane

In my opinion hypocrisy and double standards are entirely in character for Viconia so this doesn’t even bother me.
    I also wouldn't be shocked to find out that the writers just thought it was something catty to say during the cat fight, not necessarily indicative of her true feelings.
    Lord Farthington Roenall: Do call me Farthy, my dear! So sad to hear about your father.
    Also Lord Farthington Roenall: I SEND MY SCOURGE, I SEND MY SWORD
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    JoenSo said:

Lord Farthington Roenall: Do call me Farthy, my dear! So sad to hear about your father.
    Also Lord Farthington Roenall: I SEND MY SCOURGE, I SEND MY SWORD

Was that the same Roenall? If I recall correctly, the enemy during the attack on the keep is just called "Roenall" or "Lord Roenall".
    ThacoBell said:

Was that the same Roenall? If I recall correctly, the enemy during the attack on the keep is just called "Roenall" or "Lord Roenall".

The Major Domo calls him Lord Farthington Roenall when he comes to demand the keep from you. And Farthy at the funeral is clearly Isaea's dad. So yeah, apparently they are the same person. Farthy, you charming ol' psychopath.

Vampires can turn a human into a vampire with a single bite. Humans outnumber them.

I'm a fan of the Anne Rice interpretation, where you become a vampire by drinking vampire blood, rather than by a vampire drinking your blood. Makes more sense, because as you point out, if every time a vampire fed they created a new vampire, they wouldn't have to feed very often to create a lot of vampires very fast.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653

Vampires can turn a human into a vampire with a single bite. Humans outnumber them.

I'm a fan of the Anne Rice interpretation, where you become a vampire by drinking vampire blood, rather than by a vampire drinking your blood. Makes more sense, because as you point out, if every time a vampire fed they created a new vampire, they wouldn't have to feed very often to create a lot of vampires very fast.
    Anne Rice's vampires also create highly self-regulating societies. A fledgling or rogue vampire that goes around creating new fledglings willy-nilly will be killed or imprisoned very quickly.

I think she definitely created the most carefully constructed and well thought-out vampire fantasy of them all.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Storyteller is better than D&D.

Oops, wrong thread.
    I'm also pretty sure that every humanoid creature has to eat, sleep and breathe in order to survive but otherwise has a good chance of living their average lifespan. At least, the ones that are typically played mind you.
    Elves might be able to live for centuries but they aren't god of knowledge (though they may act like it) and they certainly still need to eat, sleep and breathe. Otherwise, yes they can absolutely live for hundred of years, maybe even thousands if they play their cards right.

Then again, so can Gnomes and Dwarves.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Neverwinter Nights logic!

NWN1 original campaign: Now there's a temple of Tyr in every city on the Sword Coast!

NWN2 Storm of Zehir: Now there's a temple of Waukeen in every city on the Sword Coast!
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    EE Poison Weapon Nerf Logic: Once poison enters your bloodstream, you become immune to that poison for 30 seconds.
    @semiticgod
    What? I've afraid you're going to have to explain that one
    @ZaramMaldovar: One of the EE updates rigged Poison Weapon so that you could apply the poison to the same creature more than once in 5 rounds. Essentially, once somebody got poisoned, they were completely immune to the poison for the next 30 seconds.

(I don't mean to re-start the debate over Poison Weapon; I was just making a joke when I could.)
    @semiticgod
    Understood. It's a funny point and we shall leave it at that.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    It's weird how in Dungeons and Dragons the only weapon that can chop someone's head off is a vorpal weapon. I know that in real life executioners often had to deliver several swings to completely sever the head, but they were using nonmagical axes. I would think that a +5 axe could behead someone just fine, vorpal or not.

@ZaramMaldovar: One of the EE updates rigged Poison Weapon so that you could apply the poison to the same creature more than once in 5 rounds. Essentially, once somebody got poisoned, they were completely immune to the poison for the next 30 seconds.

(I don't mean to re-start the debate over Poison Weapon; I was just making a joke when I could.)

Are you sure that's how it works? The description just says that it can't be applied more than once per round...

I assumed that was to combat the Blackguard's hefty APR count, and how that interacted with a skill that was originally designed for a thief.
    Maybe the immunity only lasts for 6 seconds instead of 30. In which case my joke isn't quite as funny.