Skip to content

The topic for unhappiness/vent your sorrow

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I've watched 1 pet die pretty horribly. Don't second guess giving them a comfortable way out. Also, never use any product from Sergent's. These things are related.
    semiticgoddess
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Cahir wrote: »
    My god, after reading statements of some politicians from a Polish government ruling party regarding LGBT people I started to think we're still stuck in 19th century. And the fact that this party still has like 40% of support in recent polls makes me think what the hell is wrong with my fellow-countrymen? Mrs. Rowling should be ashamed, those guys are in the 1st league of LGBT haters... I don't want to cite this shot here to spare you guys from this, just wanted to say you have my support.

It's not really any better in the States. Hell, like half the country denies evolution. Half the country seems to want to roll things back to the 19th century.

Rather minor thing to vent over compared to some of the stuff in this thread, but we didn't get to have our weekly Vampire game this week on roll20. A player had coffee spilled on his laptop, so he's going to be cleaning and drying that machine for a couple of days before finding out if it still works. He's freaked out because some of the only copies of the music he's made are on that system. I did try to reassure him I can help him recover the data from the drive if the laptop's toast. That weekly Vampire game's been keeping me and some of the other players sane, since it's the only real social thing we can do during lockdown, plus we had a lot of fun last game so a lot of us were excited to get back to it.
    ArviaRik_KirtaniyaThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    jjstraka34 wrote: »
    No one has yet pointed to a single actual incident of a so-called "bathroom assault" by a transgender person, or even someone posing as transgender (which is a disingenuous caveat that was thrown on after the original argument fell apart). Not one.
    More likely you just not listening, I remember a few years ago there actually was cases about men who would take pictures of women changing in gender neutral stalls

Oh and that's completely ignoring the existence of Karen White, who used being transgender to their advantage to go to a women's prison and we'll, what do you call a guy with male genetalia surrounded and locked in a cage filled with women. But that pushing the point.

There actually has been assaults, if I cared enough to argue this further, I'd waste the time needed to go digging up all the articles.
    Son_of_ImoenArviaRik_Kirtaniya
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    DragonKing wrote: »
    No one has yet pointed to a single actual incident of a so-called "bathroom assault" by a transgender person, or even someone posing as transgender (which is a disingenuous caveat that was thrown on after the original argument fell apart). Not one.
    More likely you just not listening, I remember a few years ago there actually was cases about men who would take pictures of women changing in gender neutral stalls

Oh and that's completely ignoring the existence of Karen White, who used being transgender to their advantage to go to a women's prison and we'll, what do you call a guy with male genetalia surrounded and locked in a cage filled with women. But that pushing the point.

There actually has been assaults, if I cared enough to argue this further, I'd waste the time needed to go digging up all the articles.

I didn't know who Karen White was until reading this right now. Of course there should be measures to make sure something like that doesn't happen. Rape does happen in men's prisons, too. I there really were cases, that doesn't mean it's a rule, though.

The point you made about pictures in gender neutral bathroom stalls only proves that gender neutral bathroom stalls might by be problematic for women (because men were taking pictures), not that trans women shouldn't get access to women's bathrooms. There's a huge difference between a man holding his phone under the bathroom stall next to him, or a man dressing up as a woman just to enter a bathroom and do the same thing.
    ronaldoThacoBellRik_KirtaniyaSkatan
    Arvia wrote: »

I didn't know who Karen White was until reading this right now. Of course there should be measures to make sure something like that doesn't happen. Rape does happen in men's prisons, too. I there really were cases, that doesn't mean it's a rule, though.

The point you made about pictures in gender neutral bathroom stalls only proves that gender neutral bathroom stalls might by be problematic for women (because men were taking pictures), not that trans women shouldn't get access to women's bathrooms. There's a huge difference between a man holding his phone under the bathroom stall next to him, or a man dressing up as a woman just to enter a bathroom and do the same thing.
    Effing hate this phone so much now I have to retype everything.

Ok this is literally the last thing I'm saying about this because first off this isn't even a topic that should be had in this discussion, this should be in the politics thread. Now with that said;

1. I didnt say it was a rule, I didn't say anything at all actually so don't twist what I say to mean something I didn't say, I disproved the straight lie that not a single person points it out... People actually do point it out and get called transphobic or liars for doing so; which is on par for dealing with the cultist of the non-theistic religion called intersectionality.

2. You didn't hear of Karen walker because for the most part media and culture are dominated by the non-theistic left who lie, ignore, and hide anything that challenges the narrative they choose to believe. Anyone who isn't indoctrinated can see that just by paying attention to everything that has been going on in the last 3-4 months... So protestors who want the economy open or far right trump supporting extremist who is endangering grandma and going against the CVC guidelines...

While encouraging and celebrating not just the George Flyod protestors but also the riots, burning and destruction of BLACK OWNED BUSINESSES, IN BLACK COMMUNITY BY CALLED BLACK LIVES MAYYER ACTIVIST AND ANTIFA WHO SPOILER ALERT, MAJORITY ISNT EFFING BLACK OR ARE PURPOSELY INSTAGATING RIGHTS!

3. Wait so y'all are through giving a ef about women issues now? I remember 2015-2017 y'all wouldn't shut up about how this was "problematic" for women or that was "problematic" for women, while simultaneously now want to open up an easily abused loophole that will be, what is the phrase class, "problematic for women". Which spoiler alert was J.K. Rowling issue in the first place. She didnt/doesn't hate trans-anything her concern is fixing "women's issues" but the issue she has now collides against the religions narrative so now the heathen must be villified. Unfortunately for the cultist, she has ef you money and can't as easily be #cancelled as someone working a regular 9 to 5.

And we've literally, LITERALLY seen these "trans-inclusion" laws abused to actually literally hurt woman. Like the lawsuit about the to transwomen, who were biological male, dominating a highschool track team costing the actual girls the women is missing their chances with a talent scout.

Which is quite ironic since one of the talking points for third wave feminism when it fit their agenda was men and women are literally no different physically or mentally, and women can physically compete with men on a equal playing field... Unless it's sports, where the peak of physical human form is put to the test and males dominate time and time again. Like in mma, where a transgender "woman" just decimated the women's division and Fallon Fox broke the skull of Taika Brents, who didn't know she was fighting a "transwomans" and wasn't just tko'd in the first round within two minutes but brutally tko'd to the point when interviewed she said this;

“I’ve fought a lot of women and have never felt the strength that I felt in a fight as I did that night. I can’t answer whether it’s because she was born a man or not because I’m not a doctor. I can only say, I’ve never felt so overpowered ever in my life and I am an abnormally strong female in my own right… I still disagree with Fox fighting. Any other job or career I say have a go at it, but when it comes to a combat sport I think it just isn’t fair.”

And fox, unlike the two track athletes actually did transition!

And now I get to have fun with you!

4. "Of course there should be measures to make sure something like that doesn't happen."

Ok transphobe, no don't argue it because you're just a transphobe who wants to erase trans people with that alt-right talking point right there.

"Rape does happen in men's prisons, too."

But men can't be raped because men can defend themselves. Rape is a woman's issue and only a women's issue to the point where consentual sex is still rape sense women who suppose to be equal to men in every way have no power and actually don't want to have sex with men and... God I can't keep going with the stupid ish I've heard spewed from intersectionals mouths!

And as I said I'm through, I spent more time replying to this than I originally planned.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    semiticgod wrote: »
    I heard back from a transphobic friend of mine. I had asked him if we could still be friends, and it took three weeks for him to finally answer.

We are no longer friends. He even made fun of my appearance, on top of a long string of insults about my mind. He even misgendered my girlfriend--that was the one thing that really got to me. Hurling insults at me is one thing, but my girlfriend is not an acceptable target.

We parted on polite terms but I hate how quickly his friendship turned to contempt, even though it was what I had initially expected when I first considered coming out to him long ago. I didn't change how he felt about trans people; his ideas about trans people changed how he felt about me.

It wasn't exactly surprising. I had expected from the beginning that he ultimately wouldn't accept me; this was just the axe finally falling. The dude had been pretty frank about his contempt for trans people, liberals, and feminists, and he was very explicit with me one day at a hookah bar when he was explaining his ideas that black people had smaller brains than whites like him or me. I knew he was pretty solidly in the alt-right camp.

I've become a less trusting person in general since I came out. No one ever said unkind words to me until after I transitioned.

It makes me think of this song, as such a bigoted person isn't worthy of YOUR friendship in my view. It's a song about racism, but the same logic applies to transphobism as well:

The Special AKA - Racist friend.
    Rik_Kirtaniyamlnevese
    On a scale of 1 to 10 the level of pissed off I am right now is 50!

Everything is gone, my debit cards, my bank cards, cash app card, ID, my school ID, pictures of my brother, sister, and mom.

It makes no effing sense...I got up this morning, first thing I did was got dressed, I remember grabbing my wallet then sitting down to do some drawing exercises. Got back up an hour later, changed clothes and then headed out. Walked 1.5 miles to the train station just to find my wallet wasn't in my pocket, walked the exact same route back didn't see it on the ground anywhere, get to my apart and spent about a hour searching for it and it is gone!

So unless freaking time and space bent in on itself.casuing it to fold my wallet out of existence, my freaking wallet is the incarnation of huidini...

I haven't eaten at all today and today is freaking grocery day!
    ThacoBell
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    edited June 2020
    semiticgod wrote: »
    I heard back from a transphobic friend of mine. I had asked him if we could still be friends, and it took three weeks for him to finally answer.

We are no longer friends. He even made fun of my appearance, on top of a long string of insults about my mind. He even misgendered my girlfriend--that was the one thing that really got to me. Hurling insults at me is one thing, but my girlfriend is not an acceptable target.

We parted on polite terms but I hate how quickly his friendship turned to contempt, even though it was what I had initially expected when I first considered coming out to him long ago. I didn't change how he felt about trans people; his ideas about trans people changed how he felt about me.

It wasn't exactly surprising. I had expected from the beginning that he ultimately wouldn't accept me; this was just the axe finally falling. The dude had been pretty frank about his contempt for trans people, liberals, and feminists, and he was very explicit with me one day at a hookah bar when he was explaining his ideas that black people had smaller brains than whites like him or me. I knew he was pretty solidly in the alt-right camp.

I've become a less trusting person in general since I came out. No one ever said unkind words to me until after I transitioned.

This kind of outlook on life is not innate, it's not there by default. You aren't born hating trans people, you certainly aren't born subscribing to the theory of racial phrenology. This is taught. And this isn't the kind of casual homophobia or racism you learn at home from a backwards father either. This is the kind of stuff that only gets pumped into your brain when you fall down Youtube's rabbit-hole of reactionary nonsense. One day you're watching a Joe Rogan video. A month later, you're actually telling people out loud (not just thinking it in your head) that white people have superior brain function because of the shape of their skulls based on recommended videos in your feed. But as the recent L7 cover of a Joan Jett song puts it, "you got nothing to lose, you don't lose when you lose fake friends".
    ThacoBellsemiticgoddessSkatan
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    edited June 2020
    On a scale of 1 to 10 the level of pissed off I am right now is 50!

Everything is gone, my debit cards, my bank cards, cash app card, ID, my school ID, pictures of my brother, sister, and mom.

It makes no effing sense...I got up this morning, first thing I did was got dressed, I remember grabbing my wallet then sitting down to do some drawing exercises. Got back up an hour later, changed clothes and then headed out. Walked 1.5 miles to the train station just to find my wallet wasn't in my pocket, walked the exact same route back didn't see it on the ground anywhere, get to my apart and spent about a hour searching for it and it is gone!

So unless freaking time and space bent in on itself.casuing it to fold my wallet out of existence, my freaking wallet is the incarnation of huidini...

I haven't eaten at all today and today is freaking grocery day!

Best advice I ever got for finding lost items is "it didn't fall up". If it was dropped, it's below you, somewhere.

However, if you're like me and can't stand to have things in your pockets, and you had it in your hand, well, I can't tell you how many times I've set my wallet down on a shelf and walked away. Always found it though.
    ThacoBellBalrog99
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited June 2020
    On racism: we come from a very deep hole. I'm reading the book 'Lief dier' by Midas Dekkers on bestiality and he shows how in the 18th century still (only some 250 years ago) black people where thought of by white scientists to be closely related to animals, some halfway step between ape and (white) humans, making sex between a white and a black person a form of bestiality in the eyes of 18th century people. That's not even two handful of generations away! It puts things in perspective (not making it good of course, but seeing that history has a long path of improvement to walk down), that while racism in the Netherlands in 2020 is about people being less likely to get a job or being accepted into a nightclub because of the colour of their skin, but in those times, people with a different colour where viewed as animals to do with as you please and buy and sell as chattel! A deep, deep pit of dark-clouded thoughts, even in the post-Enlightenment scientific community.
    jjstraka34ThacoBell
    edited June 2020
    And now for the conclusion of, "ef you you're not getting your money back!"

So after over a month of having a circular calls and being told the same ish by green dot support, we finally got them to do an freaking internal investigation yesterday!

The results, they told my father the money was taken off the card on may 23rd and we won't get the money back.

Now here is the kicker, I am the one who deals with getting the money off the card, I am the one who has the money Pak profile set up and everything. I didn't get any money off any cards, I didn't receive the 550 use, and again on different calls with costumer support they told us the money was still on the card? So where is my money?
    Post edited by DragonKing on
    ThacoBellRik_Kirtaniya
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Sounds like fraud to me. Might want to get an attorney. One that gets paid off of case winnings, preferably. Most states in the US have income based legal services.
    semiticgoddessRik_KirtaniyaSkatan
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I was afraid this could happen. She lives in the south and COVID has been spreading like fire there.
    SkatanRik_KirtaniyaJuliusBorisov