Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Could you perhaps just get all your familiars killed to lower your CON to 1, or would you keep the bonus HP from having had a familiar?
  • OlderThan13YearsOlderThan13Years Member Posts: 79
    edited October 2016
    Yes you can do that, seems to work. You don't keep any hp bonuses.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264

Did you know: those vampire encounters you run into in Athkatla at night? If you rest as soon as they appear, before they get a chance to initiate dialogue, they transform into bats/gaseous form in the morning and you can skip the encounter.

Why would I want to do that? I always try to avoid those encounters until I can pay Mr. Coo so I can fight them all for the XP.
    Tresset said:

Did you know: those vampire encounters you run into in Athkatla at night? If you rest as soon as they appear, before they get a chance to initiate dialogue, they transform into bats/gaseous form in the morning and you can skip the encounter.

Why would I want to do that? I always try to avoid those encounters until I can pay Mr. Coo so I can fight them all for the XP.
    You can fight them sooner than that, of course. It's just hard what with the level drain and the immunity to +1 weapons.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882

Tresset said:

You can fight them sooner than that, of course. It's just hard what with the level drain and the immunity to +1 weapons.
    Tanova is immune to below +3 though. She's a pretty good reason to leg it
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited November 2016
    Tresset said:

Because they are annoying as unholy f... uh, fudge. And the thought to suggest this crossed my mind when someone mentioned the vampires can potentially cause an abrupt end to solo players.

Tanova is immune to below +3 though. She's a pretty good reason to leg it

Bah, just kite her and fish for a lucky kill with Azuredge. Or save scum with a save or die, if you're feeling cheap.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    deltago said:

Same tactic can be used in Brynnlaw. Rest on the boat before departing and watch Havarian squirm.
    I thought they fixed that? The game certainly never lets me rest on the boat.
    ThacoBell said:

deltago said:

Same tactic can be used in Brynnlaw. Rest on the boat before departing and watch Havarian squirm.

When was that ever valid? I can't even save until I deal with the vampires, and I'm pretty sure it's always been that way.
  • Toot83Toot83 Member Posts: 20

Did you know Hull's sword does actually break? There was a rumor it didn't.

In original BG every mundane weapon that was personal weapon for someone (Hull's longsword, Perdue's shortsword, Nester's dagger ect.) was unbreakable. Don't really know why this was changed. After all in EE one can aquire magical weapons so early in the game that weapon breakage isn't that big a problem that one shoud forgo guest exp for unbreakable mundane weapons.

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    ThacoBell said:

deltago said:

Did they :astonished:
    I usually like the fight, so I never do it anymore.

ThacoBell said:

deltago said:

When was that ever valid? I can't even save until I deal with the vampires, and I'm pretty sure it's always been that way.
    It was. It was even listed in the official guide.
    You actually don't need to kill Captain Haegan on the slaver ship in the slums in order to spring the children there. This game is so shameless with its abuse of "This door does not have a conventional lock, and may be warded against simple spells" excuse that it took me years to even think that his key might not be necessary.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Talos's Gift does not actually protect your characters at all from a natural lightning strike. :unamused:

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Tresset said:

Nor does complete immunity to electrical damage actually... :unamused::unamused::unamused::unamused::unamused:

This is ridiculous. Lightning strikes didn't cause damage in the original BG1. I can't see why this would be an enhancement.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    It's a long time since I played vanilla BG1, but lightning strikes caused damage in vanilla BG2 (and that's the engine that BGEE is based on).
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited November 2016
    pretty sure natural lightning strikes is hard locked to 50% of the target's maximum health in damage. hence why it doesn't even display it in the textbox
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Enchanted Weapon can set any weapon's enchantment to 3 if it is not already higher, but it cannot let normal arrows bypass Protection from Normal Missiles. This is because the spell blocks weapons not based on their enchantment value, but on their projectile type.
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486

Did you know the level 2 wizard Horror spell has a casting time of "2" while the innate bhaalspawn power only has "1"?

That goes for most of the innate abilities.