Skip to content

The New Light - collective thread for Lava's and AionZ's mods

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
edited March 13 in IWD:EE Mods
pn6lakvbc3cm.jpg

Have you ever wanted to see Icewind Dale EE expanded? With many new NPCs that can fit different playing styles? New items that may be found and used against all kind of monsters? Artifacts that may be brought back to their former glory? Or perhaps you're looking for new quests that may change the linear nature of the game and offer a distraction from the main plot? An interjection needed to take a breath or serve as a way of becoming even stronger version of yourself?

We present to you our project to expand IWD EE and make it even more interesting. A project that will make re-playing nicer and perhaps surprising, in a way or two.

All these mods were created by us: @AionZ and @LavaDelVortel -- with help from proofreaders, voice actors etc. We hope to provide even more mods for all of you.

Most our mods combine somehow, so we decided to make this our main thread where you may comment or give feadback on the whole innitiative. It's also a list of mods both of us released. Enjoy!

odh3dk72j1ju.png
pwravnsbly0n.jpg

Dendjelion, a neutral evil halfling blackguard of Bhaal searching for revenge on a paladin named Noon. Since v2.0, Noon is also an optional companion (he may replace Dendjelion once you finally find him in your late-game). Noon is a lawful good aasimar paladin:

Download
Forum
BD Thread

713fyuplpzo6.png

Hommet, a chaotic good human necromancer (a mod in the memory of Sword Coast Legends):

Download
Forum
BD Thread

zjuh52z2djyc.jpg

Ina, a true neutral undead bardess, introducing potential romance with a female PC:

Download
Forum
BD Thread

jugyl9qknbfy.jpg

Karihi, a chaotic neutral pyromancer, scholar and fallen noble, introducing a romance for male PC:

Download
Forum

w5arwm53a7fe.png

L'anna, a lawful good Mythseeker of Mythrien (paladin), introducing a romance with male elves of non-evil alignment:

Download
Forum
BD Thread

wny49gl0osnp.jpg

Minerva, a neutral good gnome fighter/artificer with relations to Aura, a mod character for BG Series, introducing a romance for both male and female PC:

Download
Forum

p2y046z7u2mg.jpg

Oak-Maw, a lawful evil dark fey stalker, son of the Stag King from Rashemen, introducing a romance for both male and female PC:

Download
Forum
BD Thread

ljgyqla2r01y.jpg

Orra, a neutral good half-elven figher/mage/cleric, from a distant land of Kozakura:

Download
Forum
BD Thread

i4kybb9s741c.jpg

Tipps, a neutral evil halfling geomantic sorcerer, introducing a romance for both male and female PC:

Download
Forum
BD Thread

5sfmlv9ejacf.png

T'viy, a chaotic evil gnome, a little bit insane follower of Urdlen, The Crawler Below:

Download
Forum
BD Thread

sx7l2aanyqui.jpg

Urchin, a true neutral altraloth, the powerful creation of a Night Hag, with an intellect of a child:

Download
Forum
BD Thread

plovbjosunnt.jpg

Dusky, a neutral half-orc, cleric/thief, a fine frends, and a romance option for male PC:

Download
Forum
BD Thread

11dcu3pi624b.jpg

Xikâsz, a neutral dusk elf, fighter/wildmage/thief, that comes with a new IWDEE quest:

Download
Forum
BD Thread

1wzo5k0n8s6w.png

Bethany, a neutral human, town medium (shaman kit), that comes with some talks... and a serious headache and a runny nose:

Download
Forum
BD Thread

g5yl3hoqcb1x.jpg

Hungry for even more talks? Along with Gibberling3 a new project was brought to life: IWD Crossmod Banter Pack. It introduces banter packs between all those NPCs and Kulyok's IWD NPCs characters:

Website
Download
Forum

760fd45c3dem.png
7hg6dd2msguf.jpg

Tale of Our Lady Dreamless - There are many places marked by the bitter taste of loss and death. A frozen pond, known as the Pond of the Drowned, is one such place. It screams, begging for change. Will you be the one to bring peace to that snow-covered place... or will you cause even more pain?

Download
Forum
BD Thread

13yj2vv505oz.jpg

Below & Below Inn - The mod adds a brand new place to Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition - Below & Below Inn. Are you looking for a place to rest between the battles? Or perhaps you need some nice new items? Or maybe it's work what you actually need? It's all there!

Download
Forum
BD Thread

n5w6c96vz3j5.jpg

Terror of the Skineater - The mod adds a short quest to Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition. It will lead you to a dark forest, a zone of death and despair. Will you find a way to hunt down the Skineater - a powerful monster that's terrorizing the area...? And will you uncover the truth about its origins?

Download
Forum
BD Thread

3ragu2332m0y.jpg

Night of the Blinking Dead - Are you looking for new dreadful places to investigate? Do you like the chilling adventures filled with undead creatures, staring at you with their absent eyes? Hear out Seer and let him show your the way to Eyeblinker... a merchant familiar to those who played Ooze's Lounge (BG2 Mod) and who now comes to IWD EE.

Download
Forum
BD Thread

2ql87yi2iug6.jpg

The Rediscovery of Kuldahar - Kuldahar has its past and future. It also has its people. This mod's aim is to introduce the stories that are bound with this town and those that live in it. The Rediscovery of Kuldahar adds new quests, encounters, and shops. These are filled not only with new characters, but new areas that present new parts of the town.

Download
Forum
BD Thread

2glww4vrs64y.png

Snowytoes Hamlet - There are many secrets buried under the snow of Icewind Dale, you may find a safe haven. Not just Kuldahar, but also smaller hamlets: like Snowytoes - a settlement of halflings who decided that even the freezing winds and wild animals wouldn't scare them away. Visit this place, talk to its people and see if you can help make their life a bit easier... because there is a strange power waking up under the snow in a nearby vale.

Download
Forum
BD Thread

9ru9a20yrgv7.jpg

Xikâsz's Grove of Chaos - A quest mod that introduces a new area, as well as a new companion: Xikâsz. Go and see the Grove of Chaos and discover what you may find. But be careful. Who knows what lurks in the dark?

Download
Forum
BD Thread

chgb5o29vh2w.png
iwdit.jpg

FindIt - it's a mod for those who would also like to give IWD EE another run, but are worried that they will end up with using exactly the same set of items. You'll find the items in many different places - carried by certain creatures, sold by merchants or left in specific containers.

Download
Forum
BD Thread

forgeit.png

ForgeIt - the mod adds a set of 8 new powerful artifacts to your Icewind Dale EE game. But you don't just find them and put them to use. First you have to find all the needed elements and return them to their former glory: just like the Wave or The Equalizer in Baldur's Gate 2.

Download
Forum
BD Thread

Hopefully, all those releases will bring new life to Icewind Dale. Gather your party and face the chilling winds of the Frozenfar, meet new characters and... become a hero one again.
Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
 TheArtisanJuliusBorisovOlvynChuruRedRodentmemoryenergisedcamelronaldoSkitiaAedanEekanImpStummvonBordwehrThacoBellMantis37ilduderinojasteyjmaeqRik_KirtaniyaSharGuidesMyHandmegamike15DawgliciousTimbo0o0o0GusindaThrasymachusDoubledimasinethhook71Illustairxiaoleiwen_DD_AaemforeverIseweinZaghoul

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    Thanks @AionZ for all you help, all new ideas that were brought during working on all those projects... Hope people will like our mods! <3
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBell
  • RedRodentRedRodent Member Posts: 78
    Awesome! Always love new NPCs for IWD. You guys wouldn't happen to have portraits and stats available for the new lot? I only some via the links.
    LavaDelVortel
  • energisedcamelenergisedcamel Member Posts: 110
    This is really amazing! Congratulations on the release, guys. I will 100% be checking this out ASAP (and I'll be sure to leave some feedback too). It makes me feel so happy that we're still getting all this quality content, so many years after the game was released :)
    LavaDelVortel
    edited May 2020
    RedRodent wrote: »
    Awesome! Always love new NPCs for IWD. You guys wouldn't happen to have portraits and stats available for the new lot? I only some via the links.

Thank you! Aion shared the stats and portraits on his download page, I prefer those to remain a secret until NPCs are in the team (at least when it comes to IWD). Each of the characters, though, has reasonable stats :) No worries!

@energisedcamel - thank you!
    RedRodent
  • EekanImpEekanImp Member Posts: 28
    This is absolutely amazing! <3 Thank you so much for your work Lava & Aion.
    LavaDelVortel
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    Very nice, its great to see that IWD is getting some well deserved love :)

Thanks for your hard work guys!
    LavaDelVortel
    @EekanImp and @Mothor - thank you! :)
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Wow, great stuff!
    LavaDelVortel
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    This is great, thanks!
    LavaDelVortel
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    Great job, folks! Having more companion NPCs for IWD is always great, especially since this is something we didn't have much of.
    LavaDelVortel
  • jmaeqjmaeq Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2020
    It can't hurt to say congratulations twice on two separate platforms, right?

Anyway, congratulations to the both of you and thank you for your hard work! :)
    LavaDelVortel
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Do these npcs have continue to have content (baners, interjections) in heart of winter and/or trials of the luremaster?
    LavaDelVortel
    All mods we release have something for HoW/TotL :) At least a talk or some comment. However, @AionZ may be a bit better when making something for those addons... nevertheless, all the above include HoW/TotL content.
    @Mantis37 @ilduderino @Rik_Kirtaniya @jmaeq @ThacoBell - thanks, everyone! :)
    Rik_KirtaniyailduderinoThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
  • EekanImpEekanImp Member Posts: 28
    After a quick, bracing adventure traversing through Icewind Dale it’s time to (finally) update my social-goals journal.

> Befriended a Blackguard. Check.
    > Considered the herbal properties of frog-soup. Check.
    > Expanded my vocabulary (ribbit, frogh). Uhm... Y-esh.
    > Freed a deer. Check?
    > Recovered a stolen scarf. Check.
    > Became highly suspicious of spores. Check! :s

~

All-in-all I cannot recommend the new gang enough. Whether you're new to IDW, or a veteran player, having these NPCs accompany you & comment on the quest makes the game feel more reactive. And if you enjoy having companions akin to the BG-games this is an absolute MUST-HAVE.

I played with Lava’s new NPCS (Tipps, Ina, Oak-Maw, Urchin and Dendjelion) but I’m already looking forward to my Chaotic Good playthrough with Minerva + Karihi.

Thank you Lava + AionZ for the quick responses whenever I had questions (or stumbled upon silly, self-made bugs.) ;)
    LavaDelVortelRedRodentThacoBellmegamike15
    @EekanImp - thank you! Also for all the reports you sent me! :)<3
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i was really not expecting all these new npc mods for iwd. congrats.
    LavaDelVortelThacoBell
    edited May 2020
    Just reached Kuldahar and really enjoy it, rolling with Mina, Kahiri and Dusky so far as the only ones I have met. All great fun to travel with. Really breathed new life into the game ?
    LavaDelVortel
    @ilduderino - thank you! Not sure who you may want to join, but it looks like you missed Urchin on your way (check out the mill very carefully). There is also someone more in Kuldahar... Anyway, enjoy! And investigate all the areas! :)
    ilduderino
    edited May 2020
    Argh, yes, I want him - now back on track, serves me right for trying to rush the Kuldahar npcs

Edit: He’s awesome, one conversation has already had me in stitches
    Post edited by ilduderino on
    LavaDelVortel
    @ilduderino - thanks! Enjoy them and let us know how you like the NPCs. It would be great to know how yo enjoy @AionZ's Minerva and Karihi :)
    ilduderino
    Will do, thanks! I tend to run good only groups so this is a new and fun experience - am tempted to try out one or more of the evil npcs if they are not too evil
    LavaDelVortel
    edited May 2020
    The Crossmod banter pack fails to install. "ERROR locating resource for 'CHAIN3'. Resource [letters too small for my bad eyes to read] not found in key file: [./chitin.key]"

I don't know if this is the right place to report this or not.

*edit*

Okay, I think its a file missing in the OakMaw romance conflict. I passed on that component and it installed successfully.
    @ThacoBell - What version are you you trying to install? The newest one? :)
    @ThacoBell - What version are you you trying to install? The newest one? :)

I assume, I downloaded it minutes before installing.
    Yep, the latest update was few days ago. Still fixing some things here and there to make it work as well as possible. I let AionZ know, will be fixed the moment it's possible! Thanks!
    ThacoBell
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    This is AWESOME! At this point there are now 14 different NPCs one can use in IWD, which is really cool. And @Sinaherib has his project which plans to add another 4 :) (and hopefully we will see crossmod banter with his npcs as well!)

Keep up the excellent work everyone!
    LavaDelVortelmegamike15
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    @LavaDelVortel & @AionZ

I am curious, if you kick these new characters from the party, will they stay in Kuldahar? I've just been messing around a bit in Easthaven, but I noticed that both Minerva and Karihi wait in locations in Easthaven. Will they move to Kuldahar if not in the party, or are they missed forever? I am also curious about Kulyok's NPCs, if either of you happen to know.

I understand that IWD is designed around using the same team, but at the same time I was thinking it would be fun if all the NPCs survived/hung around Kuldahar, so if someone DID want to switch it up they could. Once again thanks for breathing so much life into this game :smile:
    Pretty sure Kulyok’s don’t show up in Kuldahar but you can get them later in the tavern in Lonelywood
    megamike15
    My NPCs do not "wander" and don't appear on otherplaces :) Some of them will just stay in place, some may be joined upon first talk and will join or leave the game (depends on the NPC and circumstances of specific encounter). However, only 1 NPC I made is available in/near Easthaven: that would be Dusky. All the other NPCs are near/after getting to Kuldahar.