Skip to content

Did you *actually* know?

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Wait... What?!?!
    lolienZaferick
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Francois said:

Aerie is actually the succubus Kirinhale. After being freed from Durlag's tower she entered a wingless relocation program and got a new identity as an elf so she could more easily get pity for having her wings hacked off.

Valygar is a new type of Modron, trying his very best to study and replicate human emotions.

If you use the helm of opposite alignement on Kangaxx the demilich he will join your party and constantly annoy your female companions with his innuendo.

All I'm saying is, "Don't trust the skull!"

:smiley:
    JuliusBorisovLore
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    So Kangaxx turns into Morte?
    BlackravenmlneveseJuliusBorisovZaferick
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    Grum said:

So Kangaxx turns into Morte?

Yes, Morte was apparently lying about being the head of Vecna.

Also, there's a conversation in Planescape that will allow Nordrom to upgrade his crossbow and turn Morte into a Jan Jansen Flasher Master Bruiser Mate.
    Montresor_SPJuliusBorisovmlnevese
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Jan's flashers aren't actually made of turnips. They're made of beets.
    elminsterJuliusBorisovmlneveseSmilingSword
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    elminster said:

I can see the reason for that. If you used turnips fighting an opponent would be too easy. Things would get boring after awhile. Sometimes total destruction isn't necessary. Its better to just beet an opponent. :p
    Watch out for the martian!
    Montresor_SP
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    elminster said:

If you follow these instructions you can get another set of the big metal unit.

1. Leave irenicus's dungeon
    2. Travel to the slums
    3. Travel to the temple district.
    4. Travel back to the slums.
    5. Travel to the gate district.
    6. Travel to trademeet.
    7. Travel to the druid grove.
    8. Enter the ogre tower (do not enter the troll cave or the actual druid's grove)
    9. Leave the ogre tower.
    10. Travel to Watcher's Keep
    11. Talk to Sister Garlena.
    12. Talk to Odren

After talking to Odren you should find a set of the big metal unit in your inventory.

For a moment, I forgot that this is not the "Did you know" thread and was like:

"wait, WHAT????"
    NonnahswriterGrumCluaselminster
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited August 2015
    elminster said:

I can see the reason for that. If you used turnips fighting an opponent would be too easy. Things would get boring after awhile. Sometimes total destruction isn't necessary. Its better to just beet an opponent. :p
    I don't quite understand the bit about total destruction not being always necessary... :)
    JuliusBorisovCluas
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    When you open a certain door in my hometown, you step into the WORLD of BG!
    JuliusBorisovMontresor_SPGrammarsalad
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited September 2016
    If you have Mazzy and Korgan in your party and you spend more than 180 days before completing BG2, Mazzy will get pregnant and Korgan and Mazzy both will mysteriously leave the party.

A few days later, Mazzy returns with the Ring of Dwarven Bone from IWD.
    Post edited by semiticgoddess on
    Montresor_SPJuliusBorisovDaevelonsarevok57

If you have Mazzy and Korgan in your party and you spend more than 180 days before completing BG1, Mazzy will get pregnant and Korgan and Mazzy both will mysteriously leave the party.

A few days later, Mazzy returns with the Ring of Dwarven Bone from IWD.

That would be awesome if it was true.
    semiticgoddessMontresor_SPJuliusBorisov
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Nimran said:

If you talk to @elminster 300 times before he disappears, he will give you his hat, a +5 wizard hat that grants 3 extra spells of each level, five daily casts of his 'Chickenator' spell, and 100% magic resistance.

Now Edwin's just one step away from kicking Elminster's arse! He just needs some 2000 years.
    Montresor_SPJuliusBorisovMalicron

Nimran said:

If you talk to @elminster 300 times before he disappears, he will give you his hat, a +5 wizard hat that grants 3 extra spells of each level, five daily casts of his 'Chickenator' spell, and 100% magic resistance.

Now Edwin's just one step away from kicking Elminster's arse! He just needs some 2000 years.
    Given how much @Elminster posts, Edwin just needs to log onto these forums!
    Montresor_SP
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    bengoshi said:

"wait, WHAT????"

I've done that quite a few times, now ; )
    JuliusBorisovMontresor_SPGrumelminster
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    The currency in the game is pyrite, not gold. That's why it's worth so little.
    semiticgoddessSmilingSwordmeagloth
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    bengoshi said:

elminster said:

If you follow these instructions you can get another set of the big metal unit.

1. Leave irenicus's dungeon
    2. Travel to the slums
    3. Travel to the temple district.
    4. Travel back to the slums.
    5. Travel to the gate district.
    6. Travel to trademeet.
    7. Travel to the druid grove.
    8. Enter the ogre tower (do not enter the troll cave or the actual druid's grove)
    9. Leave the ogre tower.
    10. Travel to Watcher's Keep
    11. Talk to Sister Garlena.
    12. Talk to Odren

After talking to Odren you should find a set of the big metal unit in your inventory.

"wait, WHAT????"
    Hopefully a new player doesn't come along and see that I wrote it and think that it is actually implemented :)
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • woowoovoodoowoowoovoodoo Member Posts: 150
    In SoD you can take Noober with you. In that case he is going to be captured instead of Imoen and SoA starts with the words "Heya! It's me, Noober!"
    Montresor_SPlolienJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

In SoD you can take Noober with you. In that case he is going to be captured instead of Imoen and SoA starts with the words "Heya! It's me, Noober!"

Noober is actually a brother of Imoen.

Why else do they both start a diaglogue with "Heya!"?
    lolienMontresor_SPwoowoovoodooPermidion_Stark
  • superluccixsuperluccix Member Posts: 76
    edited September 2015
    That moment when you click on a random thread with an enticing title, then read some things in the OP which seem to be incredibly far fetched but interesting, then googling "Jaleel White you must gather your party before venturing forth" and finding nothing in the wikipedia page related to Baldurs gate. Come back to thread and read some comments, realize its a troll thread.

*sigh*
    wubbleMontresor_SPNimranEmpyrial